RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Slash Bulk

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Not quite. Maybe one of his little serfs or something.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
moderators can post in locked topics btw. You need to refocus and read some books/play some games for ideas a lack of understanding and effort mean you might aswell not build games.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This game sucks.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I'd like to chime in and say that NAMKCOR doesn't mean quality of graphics, so much as how the game is presented. Just so we can avoid that misinterpretation.

NP, I get your meaning.

Oh wow. You guys saw two shots of my game and SUDDENLY, as if by magic, my mapping "sucks". I know, I don't get how you can judge my mapping by seeing two screenshots. The core problem is, the whole "post a game" system relies on the two screenshots thing to get people interested. If it doesn't work, the game must obviously suck.

No, the "two screenshots per game" system sucks.

Zylos, I run Vista. So you don't need Windows 98 to run the game. Stop being a dick. You need the English RTP.

HEY, HERE'S AN IDEA! HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY WHO'S ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME LEAVES A COMMENT?

My screenshots suck > My game sucks > Everyone posting in this topic is better at making games than me.

Thanks for the advice!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:38:00 AM by Billy Bullshot »
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Oh wow. You guys saw two shots of my game and SUDDENLY, as if by magic, my mapping "sucks". I know, I don't get how you can judge my mapping by seeing two screenshots.

Because they show how little effort you put in your maps. Im going to try to be polite about how your mapping can be improved, so you don't run over me for being un-polite aswell, since most of the guys here tried to help you, but you simply ignored their words to improve your game.

First of all, as probably everyone else had said, your maps are square and empty. Take a look outside. How many things outside are square? How empty is nature? You need to think realistic when you map. Right now, your maps are far from realistic.
HEY, HERE'S AN IDEA! HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY WHO'S ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME LEAVES A COMMENT?
Bad Mapping= Big turn-off to even try the game

Also, your story needs more improvement. It dosen't give a "wow" feeling.

Lacked story= Turn off to even try the game.

Also, you may practice on taking critism. Belive me, you woukd got the same critism, even if you have posted it on another forum.

Creater that can't take critism= Even bigger turn-off to even try the game

I don't know what's so damn hard to take in what these guys said to you, and try to improve your game. Stop being so immature, and try to improve it. There's alot of things to improve.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Oh wow. You guys saw two shots of my game and SUDDENLY, as if by magic, my mapping "sucks". I know, I don't get how you can judge my mapping by seeing two screenshots. The core problem is, the whole "post a game" system relies on the two screenshots thing to get people interested. If it doesn't work, the game must obviously suck.

We need maps to judge your mapping. You gave us maps. That is how we judged your mapping.

No, the "two screenshots per game" system sucks.

Your game sucks.

Considering:
A: Your game sucks.
B: You're a complete asshole who attacked people who just tried to help you

It's a complete waste of time to download.

My screenshots suck > My game sucks > Everyone posting in this topic is better at making games than me.

You're starting to understand my friend.

Thanks for the advice!

We're all glad to help :D

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Yeah, I'm starting to understand what a waste of time your forum has been.

If you're gonna use the old "realism" argument, take a look outside! How many smiling fat italian plumbers do you see?

And there you go again, telling me my game sucks. Why should I bother with this forum?

You're telling me that you can look at two screenshots and tell me if my game is good or not. You are apparently a better judge of that fact than I am, even though I have MADE the game.

You're not helping anyone. You're only helping me to understand what a waste of my time your forum is and that I should probably fuck off and do something rewarding with my time.

Apparently the shots tell people what little effort I put into my "maps". The guy actually used the plural. How do two screenshots of one map tell people how much effort I put into the other 37?

Falcon, putting people down doesn't make you look hard, and it doesn't make me want to improve my game.

Learn to be polite.

The Shadow, there's a lot to take in when you know in your heart of hearts that you have created a GOOD GAME, and it's such a shame for you guys cause I tried to share it, and you basically treat it like dogshit and get it off your hands as quickly as possible. The forum and the people who hang out here have taught me a lot about the world.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:20:29 AM by Billy Bullshot »

Rep:
Level 89

If you think this forum was a waste of time, do yourself a favor. Don't post this project on other forums. You will get the same critism, or even worse critism.

The Shadow, there's a lot to take in when you know in your heart of hearts that you have created a GOOD GAME, and it's such a shame for you guys cause I tried to share it, and you basically treat it like dogshit and get it off your hands as quickly as possible. The forum and the people who hang out here have taught me a lot about the world.

Welcome to the world of forums.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

If you're gonna use the old "realism" argument, take a look outside! How many smiling fat italian plumbers do you see?

Another poor excuse to avoid effort.

You're telling me that you can look at two screenshots and tell me if my game is good or not. You are apparently a better judge of that fact than I am, even though I have MADE the game.

Apparently the shots tell people what little effort I put into my "maps". The guy actually used the plural. How do two screenshots of one map tell people how much effort I put into the other 37?

You made it, meaning that you of course think it's great.  It's your own work.  However, your screenshots are crap, therefore your game looks like crap.  If the other 37 maps are better, how about posting some screenshots of THOSE maps as well?  It 's a 3 screenshot MINIMUM, not 3 screenshots, no more no less.

Falcon, putting people down doesn't make you look hard, and it doesn't make me want to improve my game.

Learn to be polite.

WOAH!
Look at the twat calling the kettle black!

You think it's good because you made it.  Your friends think it's good because they're your friends and they think it's cool you made a game.  However, we are neither.  And your game looks like crap.  Welcome to the real world; where people don't pretend that your game looks nice, so that you can feel good about yourself.  We tell it like it is.  This many people saying the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN should tell you something.  It's called HERE'S WHAT'S WRONG, FIX IT AND WE'LL STOP SAYING IT YOU twat!

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
The thing that's wrong is that you're all stupid.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The thing that's wrong is that you're all stupid.

lovely way to not address any of the real criticism you've been given.  Gotta love your mature and sensible attitude.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
YES YOU ARE ALL STUPID.

HIS GAME IS GREAT AND NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT AT ALL

STOP GIVING HELP WHEN HE DOSNT NEED IT

>:C

Rep:
Level 89
YES YOU ARE ALL STUPID.

HIS GAME IS GREAT AND NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT AT ALL

STOP GIVING HELP WHEN HE DOSNT NEED IT

>:C

lol

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I played it and it is good XD

Alot better than some of the game i've played here  :V

Rep:
Level 89
I played it and it is good XD

Alot better than some of the game i've played here  :V

lol

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
oh yeah, btw Bulltwat, The Shadow is widely respected as like...the effective reigning king of mapping.  So if everyone else saying "fix empty square maps" isn't enough, then bow down to the king.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I didn't even look at your stupid screenshots. The reason I said your game sucks is because you're an ass. I haven't seen one post on this thread by you that hasn't had some sort of denial, defensiveness, or general rudeness to people's comments. People are going to hate your game. They're going to judge you, and you won't be happy. Learn to accept it, or you're going to have a hard time at life.

If people putting you down doesn't make you want to improve your game, then you have no business being here at all. I, for one, wouldn't miss you.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I bet all his friends secretly hate him
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 89
I bet all his friends secretly hate him

I bet its not secretly

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Zylos, I run Vista. So you don't need Windows 98 to run the game. Stop being a dick. You need the English RTP.

The Windows 98 thing was a joke. And you're hardly one to tell me to stop being a dick, considering that most of us only tried to help you, yet you spat in our faces and told us that we're all stupid. Also, I do have the English RTP, yet your game still has an error. Hence, it is not my fault but yours.

However, I was able to get a hold of a different version (a working version) of your "demo" (if you can call it that) from your blog before you went and deleted it. I passed it along to two people not associated with RMRK, and this is what they said:

Coonboy says: Dude, wtf is this shit? You have big empty maps and a priest who molests children wanting to join your party. I only went to like 3 areas before I decided to quit and spare my brain from further punishment. Dude, this guy is obviously a troll or something.

Kenji says: Um, I don't know how old this guy is, but he's got a long way to go before making a demo for his game.
Zylos says: And why is that?
Kenji says: *sits back on his tail and tries to think of a way to explain it without being rude*
Zylos says: Go ahead and be rude. It's not anything that someone else hasn't already said about his game before.
Kenji says: Well, point blank, it's terrible. I could go on for a while about why it's so terrible, but I don't have time right now.

You can draw either one of two conclusions from this. Either no one in all of the world except for you and your friends knows what's cool and what isn't, OR your game sucks and you're just fighting a losing battle.

BTW, you're well on your way to being banned, you twat.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:11:09 PM by Zylos »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
heh Zylos, I also showed it to someone unassociated with RMRK.
here's the convo

[08:14] xxx: it does look kind of cool, but he's lacking in level design.
[08:16] xxx: playing pokemon might help him with level designs.
[08:16] Rockman922: lol
[08:16] xxx: or maybe zelda link's awakening.
[08:16] * xxx giggles.
[08:16] Rockman922: hehe
[08:16] Rockman922: gameboy games with better mapping

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I didn't even look at your stupid screenshots. The reason I said your game sucks is because you're an ass. I haven't seen one post on this thread by you that hasn't had some sort of denial, defensiveness, or general rudeness to people's comments. People are going to hate your game. They're going to judge you, and you won't be happy. Learn to accept it, or you're going to have a hard time at life.

If people putting you down doesn't make you want to improve your game, then you have no business being here at all. I, for one, wouldn't miss you.

At least someone has finally admitted their reasons for not playing my game. I mean, it's not as if I didn't already guess everything you said, but congrats for finally coming clean. I guess that puts you above twats like Namkcor.

The reason EVERYONE here says my game sucks is because they think I'm an ass. Didn't you notice? That was the reason Namkcor posted here in the first place. Because I called him a twat.

So yeah, three cheers for sweet honesty, I say.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:28:44 PM by NAMKCOR »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Not really, I posted here because I was browsing the forums and found it.  I say your game sucks because from what I've seen, it looks like crap.

Even if I liked you, I'd say the same exact thing.

your mapping really does suck, seriously, we told you how to make it better and you pissed all over or advice so yeah, I'm not going to be nice about it.  You suck, your maps suck, your game sucks.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
>___>

The game dosnt work when i downloaded it :<

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I'll let the mods/admins decide when I get banned, thanks Zy.

To be fair I haven't really done anything that deserves banning, just some guy took it on himself to start a witch hunt after I called him a twat in a forum that doesn't matter (The Sewers. I wouldn't dare say RMRK doesn't matter).

I don't mind people putting me down, Holk, it reflects more badly on them than it does me, and your "people are going to hate your game" doesn't make sense either. You can't hate a game you haven't played, unless you're stupid. But apparently namkcor has convinced a lot of people that you can.

As for the "My game has worse mapping than a game boy game" statement, if it was not possible to make bad maps on the game boy it wouldn't be the biggest-selling handheld of all time (and Zelda would not be regarded as a classic). "Worse mapping than a gameboy game LOL HAHA" Is a stupid thing to say.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:54:47 PM by Billy Bulltwat »