RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Slash Bulk

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOAD
Click on the link provided, type in the three letters on the screen, and choose free or premium. When the download finishes, open the .RAR file, open the copy of slash bulk folder, and run RPG_RT.exe.

This is a one-dungeon demo of the game I've been creating for the past several months. I chose this dungeon because I consider it to be the best so suffice it to say, if you don't like it, then you probably won't like the rest of the game.

You don't really need to know the plot to enjoy the demo, so I'll spare you the game story until I release the finished product. Have fun with that!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MRLKEJJ2

OK, changed my mind. Here are a few spoilers.

The game is set in a fictional medieval continent called Beloa. Several years have passed since the Eighth War in which the king (who was then a commander) enjoyed countless victories. Peace was believed to have returned to his land. Until recently...

The Lanthanides, an evil faction ruled by a crazed megalomaniac, are rumoured to have been sighted in the mountains and as Maxon, you have been summoned by the king to get to the bottom of it. The plot soon thickens however, and Maxon and co. soon find themselves in the middle of a struggle for the future of mankind itself...

Now for some screenshots.

Spoiler for:

Map taken from within RM2K. Possibly more of a spoiler than is appropriate.

First screenshot taken from actual game play. Simple but effective map design, coupled with surprisingly deep puzzles make SB THE game to play this Christmas. I mean September.

Another one.

One of the hidden characters. He is based in the duck guy from Baku Baku Animal but I've been meaning to have him in a game for ages.

Although you wouldn't know from the pics, I didn't use a side-on battle system because I'm using RM2K. Plus, I only used the RTP chipsets in the game, so if you refuse to play anything that uses the RTP chipsets, you have been warned. Thirdly, this is an older version of the cave, therefore the final product will have subtle differences.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:01:02 PM by Billy Bullshot »
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I dunno what's wrong with you guys. Someone acknowledge this game's presence or I will be forced to annihilate.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I dunno what's wrong with you guys. Someone acknowledge this game's presence or I will be forced to annihilate.

learn to be polite, first off.  Perhaps people have seen your thread and simply ignored it.  And I'll put up some reasons why that is most likely the case.

• the mapping is square and empty
  • you give us no information on the game at all
  • your idea of a 'demo' is a random dungeon from somewhere in the game, devoid of storyline.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:12:03 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
It's a demo... There are puzzles... I guess there's no point. I was just unlucky you happened to find the topic before anyone else did.

By the way, I tried The Insanity. It was good, expect that I couldn't finish the first battle. Try easing the player into the game.

I gave you the game's storyline. I said it was made with RM2K. What more did you want? How it ends?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:14:25 PM by Billy Bullshot »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Also, both of your screenshots are the exact same thing.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
My bad... I'll change that.

OK, I've been thinking about some of the stuff you said, and here's my take on it.

I have no idea how long you've been making games, but the way you talk about mine you appear to be some "expert" on the subject. That is, you would appear to be one to me, had I not played your very own effort, "The Insanity". Don't get me wrong, it's polished and stuff (probably due to it having been created with superior software) and I like the strategy warfare combat system, but if you ask me the most off-putting thing you can have in a game (particularly an RPG where you have to load your game every time you die) is an overly-difficult first battle. I tried that battle three times, and got my ass handed to me each time. And I don't suck at games.

If you had actually downloaded my demo, you would have realised the maps weren't square (just because the standard form for posting your products here boils down to three screenshots doesn't mean you can tell everything about the game from them), the overall map design is actually quite sound, and that you were an idiot to slag off something you've never played before. But it's too late for that. Your loss.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 02:08:59 PM by Billy Bullshot »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
first off, critique my game in my game's topic.
Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never claimed to be an expert on anything, just better than you, and offering advice as to why your game went ignored.
(also, SADISTICALLY HARD GAMES have been made, sold, and praised.  Ever heard of "Shin Megami Tensai: Digital Devil Saga"?)  So go bash my skill as a game developer elsewhere.

that being said.

I gave you the game's storyline. I said it was made with RM2K. What more did you want? How it ends?

ok so there's a war, and an evil empire, and for some reason you (some random mystery person who I have no idea who the hell you are) is for some reason sent to attack them.

That tells me next to nothing.

why is the character doing this?
is he a soldier? a captain? some sort of mercinary?
who is this character?
is he from a rebellion? is he from the evil empire originally and defected?
what is your motivation? (if any)

If you had actually downloaded my demo, you would have realised the maps weren't square

Your mapping is blank, square, and empty.

Spoiler for:
SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE

EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY

EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY

put more on the ground, rocks, dirt, paths, make the edges rounded or more jagged, it's nature it should be random.

(just because the standard form for posting your products here boils down to three screenshots doesn't mean you can tell everything about the game from them), the overall map design is actually quite sound, and that you were an idiot to slag off something you've never played before. But it's too late for that. Your loss.

How do I know that?  I know what you've shown me, and what you've shown me is square and empty, and doesn't make me think you'll map anything better than that.

If you have better maps then show more screenshots, show diversity, show that your game is more than linear square mapping and blank empty dungeons.

First impressions and screenshots are EVERYTHING.
EVERYONE will shrug off your game if the screenshots are crap.

edit:
This is a one-dungeon demo of the game I've been creating for the past several months. I chose this dungeon because I consider it to be the best so suffice it to say, if you don't like it, then you probably won't like the rest of the game.

from what I've seen, I don't like it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:12:44 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
“I never claimed to be an expert on anything, just better than you”

And that makes it better, does it?

Every game I see posted here has a ton of generic history about the main characters. I, personally, do not have time for that. Remember games like Legend of Zelda (which, when all’s said and done, is more akin to the type of game you are gonna produce with this software than current games)? What exactly did you know about Link? All I can remember, since I had the manual for Zelda 2, is some cobbled-together trash of a storyline (that didn’t all fit with the game) that was read once, then forgotten.

Also, there’s this thing called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. I don’t wanna be bombarded with a wealth of info before I’ve even started, I’d rather pick it up as I play.

“why is the character doing this?”
He was summoned by the king (as the final product explains).

“is he a soldier? a captain? some sort of mercinary?”
He’s a mercenary.

“who is this character?”
Doesn’t make sense.

“is he from a rebellion?”
No. As you can work out from the plot I gave.

“is he from the evil empire originally and defected?”
Over-complicating it.

In the words of the king, “Popularity among the people and all the vag you could possibly want.”

I've no idea what kind of idiot thought you'd make a good mod. Changing my pic to "twat" X27 insults you more than it does me.

Grow up.

PS. I saw your first post in this thread. You obviously realised that just plain bashing someone's game without giving a reason for it did not make a good post.

PPS. Can I have my pic back please.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:14:18 PM by Billy Bullshot »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
One, if you dislike Namkcor or Namckor's game, that's your own opinion. But go rant about it somewhere else, you twat.

Two, you lack so much in your presentation that it's not worth downloading the demo. To put it bluntly, the mapping is terrible, it uses excess RTP, and I know practically squat about the story. And you complain why no one posts after only a few days?

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Jesus dude. Look, if you actually downloaded the game and played, you would see that it doesn't suck.

I wasn't really complaining about his game, just baffled that he has the nerve no knock my product without playing it first. At least I HAVE TRIED his and discovered it was horribly unbalanced with an impossible first battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
“I never claimed to be an expert on anything, just better than you”

And that makes it better, does it?

I never claimed to be an expert on anything, just better than you, and offering advice as to why your game was ignored.

Please, if you are going to quote me, quote the entirety of what I said.

Every game I see posted here has a ton of generic history about the main characters. I, personally, do not have time for that.

but you have the time to make an ENTIRE GAME :O

Also, there’s this thing called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. I don’t wanna be bombarded with a wealth of info before I’ve even started, I’d rather pick it up as I play.

you can develop them all you want.  If I see nothing about the character I really don't feel interested in the game.  Why would I want to see development of a character that I see as a blank slate.

He’s a mercenary.

thanks for telling me

“is he from a rebellion?”
No. As you can work out from

I can?

“is he from the evil empire originally and defected?”
Over-complicating it.

In the words of the king, “Popularity among the people and all the vag you could possibly want.”

I suppose actual motivation is over-complicated too.

Grow up.

perhaps if you didn't sound like such an egotistical prick, you'd get a nicer reaction from people.

Jesus dude. Look, if you actually downloaded the game and played, you would see that it doesn't suck.

I wasn't really complaining about his game, just baffled that he has the nerve no knock my product without playing it first. At least I HAVE TRIED his and discovered it was horribly unbalanced with an impossible first battle.

nobody is going to waste time or bandwith playing and/or downloading something that looks like crap.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Was that a last ditch attempt at being nice? I don't need your forum. Your forum needs people to post their games in it (and possibly give donations) or else it fails.

Uuuu... yeah, I made a game. I found making the game fun, rewarding, and character-improving. reading a ton of text about something I don't care about on the other hand, is not high on my to-do list. Maybe you just wish I hadn't made the game at all and now it's pissed you off.

Just take my word for it. You've had the time to write huge posts in my topic dissing the game, now how about actually playing it, hmm?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Was that a last ditch attempt at being nice? I don't need your forum. Your forum needs people to post their games in it (and possibly give donations) or else it fails.

LOL IM BETTER THAN YOU I DONT NEED YOUR STUPID FORUM IM GOING TO GO BE BETTER THAN YOU OVER HERE NOW!

Uuuu... yeah, I made a game. I found making the game fun, rewarding, and character-improving. reading a ton of text about something I don't care about on the other hand, is not high on my to-do list. Maybe you just wish I hadn't made the game at all and now it's pissed you off.

And I offered advice as to why people ignored it and you pissed all over it.
Large blocks of text showing you what's wrong with your game and what to fix aren't on your priority list?  Lovely.  I see you're a nice productive member.

Just take my word for it. You've had the time to write huge posts in my topic dissing the game, now how about actually playing it, hmm?

no.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
twat. Oh, and thanks for ignoring the request to have my pic back.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:28:26 PM by NAMKCOR »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Oh, and thanks for ignoring the request to have my pic back.

when did you request anything?
oh, and you're welcome.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Your eyes skipped that part. Scroll up.

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin
 :police:

Im not a mod here but.. Hold your horses guys. this will turn into a flaming topic. :mex:
Just forget the issue and just answer the topic  ;D peace!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Your eyes skipped that part. Scroll up.

ok, now you can thank me for ignoring it.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Wow, you really are quite a guy.

It already has turned into a flaming topic. It started when the mod guy here decided to come up with a clever answer as to why my game was being ignored. He realised it wasn't funny, but it was already too late, the gauntlet had been laid down. Too bad. BTW Ezel, did you (disregarding everything NAMKCOR's said) download the game?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:34:33 PM by Billy Bullshot »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

There's nothing to answer. The demo won't even run.

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin
Well that was something. HAHhahaha.

No, i didnt checked it. it just happened that i came on this topic and saw your cool debates.
Sorry for interrupting the party. lol. (i will check it out later. Too lazy.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:41:59 PM by ezel »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

There's nothing to answer. The demo won't even run.

I rest my case.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
You're fucking shitting me... JESUS!

Zylos, what happens exactly when you try to run the game? You have WinRAR, I take it? Cause I tested it and it works.

Yeah NAMKCOR, you got your small personal victory, well done.

EDIT: I added instructions to the first post so if the demo won't run you're doing something wrong or your Windows won't run it or you need the English RTP or whatever.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:01:54 PM by Billy Bullshot »