RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
World Crafters: V.10.1

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Hey maia, due to my guild's project and my own project, my piece in the game will take a long time to make.

Sorry for the inconvience

Rep:
Level 90
o.O Thats some Suggestions xD But so far the only boss I have is an Ice Queen, which would be a hidden secret boss :P . As for what to do in my land.... Hmm.... I was thinking more along the lines of having to go to this place and killing some boss guy, just don't know who that boss could be, or as to why you need to kill him lol. He would be in the Ice place, in a tower at the very bottom underground, which is actually only 5 floors >.>. Maybe... Hmm.... hehe, I have an idea now, but It's a secret :P

Build a snowman with 3 snowballs.
Melt a block of ice.
Thaw a cave man.
Kill a fire gnome.
Corale a polar bear.

Hey maia, due to my guild's project and my own project, my piece in the game will take a long time to make.

Sorry for the inconvience

That is fine, I have not touched an editor for a month. Not since V.8 was uploaded.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 85
C is for Cereal! Thats good enough for me! :)
Melt a block of ice.
Thaw a cave man.
Kill a fire gnome.
Corale a polar bear.
Nah :P Hehe, Mine is more... cruel xD You can't go anywhere except into a castle, so you go in and go see the king, he acts nice and treats you well and lets you stay for the night. After your stay, he charges you 1,000,000 gold. Since I don't think anyone can pay that much, he will do a trade insted :P Kill a demon for him, and you owe him nothing. I feel soo evil for this xD

Edited:

Also, just so you know, I counted all the maps I had on it, you know like the castle, the field, and the rooms and all that stuff, and I have around 40 maps lol
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:58:17 PM by jirodyne »

Rep:
Level 90
Melt a block of ice.
Thaw a cave man.
Kill a fire gnome.
Corale a polar bear.
Nah :P Hehe, Mine is more... cruel xD You can't go anywhere except into a castle, so you go in and go see the king, he acts nice and treats you well and lets you stay for the night. After your stay, he charges you 1,000,000 gold. Since I don't think anyone can pay that much, he will do a trade insted :P Kill a demon for him, and you owe him nothing. I feel soo evil for this xD

Edited:

Also, just so you know, I counted all the maps I had on it, you know like the castle, the field, and the rooms and all that stuff, and I have around 40 maps lol

That is amusing, and don't worry about spoiling anything. This game is on 3 forums. Only 2 have participated. The 3rd is working on something, but eh... people get tired.

I am thinking with the lands that people have sent betas of that it totals about 6 right now. So I'll make everything branch off from the start. Instead of taking 1 path, it goes in 7 paths.

As for the money... there is no chance of 1,000,000 GP yet in the game. The most I've gotten was like 11,000 and you buy the canoe for 10,000. I got 11,000 more :-)

Counting maps is good, I condense it. I put 5 areas / floors in 1 map to save space, cause I will be seriously running out! I think right now there are 76 maps. That is deceptive, because there are 5 caves on 1 map or all of the interiors of an entire town are on 1 map. So taking a stab at it, I'll go with around 200 maps.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 85
Hmm.... I have a suggestion! If it isn't made already that is lol; I noticed that in the first town, you do not get a selection of all the classes, some are in the different towns and stuff. Well, I didn't know that and stuff and made a mistake and had to restart, like 3 times xD So yeah, maybe some way so that after you choose to be a class, like a white mage or a black mage or something, there to be a way to take it away and reset back to an apprentice or whatever it was before going to the class you have now? Cause I have also notice, the "actors" you can choose to be and stuff, have preset stats and that the stats are not based on if you choose Combat or Magic or Stealth.

So like, an Actor's stats make him best for magic cause his HP is always low and his Mana is high, but yet you don't have a way of knowing that when you pick him, so you pick him and then want him to be a combat guy, only to find he isn't that good since he has low HP, low Strength, and can't change to the higher combat classes cause of that.

So either, I was wondering if there was a way for you to set the stats to be based on if he is Magic or Combat and stuff, like if you choose Combat than the guy you choose has High HP and will gain more HP than mana, and has High Strength and stuff, insted of having to guess which Actor has what stats >.>

Or maybe when you click the guy it tells you his starting stats and then the amount that the stats changes apon level up, so you can see if that actor would be better for magic cause his Mana increases by 100 while the others increase by only 50 or something like that... And if someone is better at Combat cause his Atk increases by 100 while the others increase by 50. I know for a fact it won't increase that much, but you know what I mean, people's stats increase differently so someone would increase in Str/Atk better than someone else, you know to use him as a warrior and the other guy if his mana increases more to be a mage and stuff. It would make creating a team easier insted of having to guess....

I'm sorry if I didn't make any sence, pretty hard for me to explain when now there pointing out to you what I mean, but if you can't seem to understand, I can give examples of what I mean in pictures xD

Edit:

P.S. Damn I wrote alot >.>

Edit #2:

P.S.S. Also, I notice you can't sell any of your items, what is up with that? I also thought maybe if one of the stealth guys become a merchant it would let you sell, but it still doesn't, how can you sell your items then?

Edit #3 (wow I find new things to say xD):

P.S.S.S. I don't know if this is spose to be or not, but the Enrage skill doesn't always work, which is odd as I believe in ALL RPG games, skills that help you, rather it be increasing your stats, making you enraged, or even healing. It would have a 100% chance of working. Also, I notice that when when I make my go enraged, he might, keyword there, he MIGHT hit once the entire 4-6 turns he is enraged, not including the fact that he never gets enraged on the first try casting it. It seems annoying and useless, if he can't cast it fast and quick, and also that he can only hit bearly once in that time and miss all the other times.

Also, just so you know, right now my level 7 MAGE, is hitting twice the amount of damage that my level 10 Warrior is >.> Just to give an example of what I mean by stats not being good <.< And said Mage has twice the amount of HP as my Merchant >.>

P.S.S.S.S This time it's a request cause it's really annoying >.> After the place where you need the Flit you to the desert and there is a tower there? Below that across two bridges there are mountains and what looks like a forest, and inside the forest there are 2 monsters that seem very very unfair. 1 is a plant monster that seem to cast a sleeping spell that puts everyone to sleep and it casts that damn like like 8 times in a row before finally attacking once before doing it again >.< The other is a bird that does the same, only insted of sleeping it's paralizing, casting it about 8 times in a row, and for some reason almost all of my attacks do no dmg, it doesn't say "Miss! Birdy Basterd takes no Damage!" It saids like "Birdy Basterd takes no damage!" >.<

Ok, final thing xD In the first post, you say we can't add any extra graphics, but what about Music?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:39:00 AM by jirodyne »

Rep:
Level 85
Ok, one last post with an update. I think I have it 99.9% done, but I am not completely sure. I have only added monsters to the Ice cave and to the Tower dungeon, so the field map and a few of the other maps don't have monsters. I just, you know took a guess at what the monster's stats should be, and hope they work out.

Rep:
Level 90
That is fine if you want to do that. Someone on another forum is making a trap riddled tower for the game.

As for everything else, I will check it out tomorrow, when I am more coherent.

Rep:
Level 85
ok ^^ Will wait for you post of when your more coherent., cause I typed alot and that really doesn't answer it all xD

Rep:
Level 90
JIRODYNE = Hmm.... I have a suggestion! If it isn't made already that is lol; I noticed that in the first town, you do not get a selection of all the classes, some are in the different towns and stuff. Well, I didn't know that and stuff and made a mistake and had to restart, like 3 times xD So yeah, maybe some way so that after you choose to be a class, like a white mage or a black mage or something, there to be a way to take it away and reset back to an apprentice or whatever it was before going to the class you have now? Cause I have also notice, the "actors" you can choose to be and stuff, have preset stats and that the stats are not based on if you choose Combat or Magic or Stealth.

MAIA = Not knowing where stuff is until later adds to the replayability. I have received PMs from people who have not played the game twice with the same party. Apprentices become black mages or white mages. Technically there is a secret way you can go back to a previous class, but it cuts everything in half, making you doubly weak.

MAIA = The default stats are the same time after time when you start. One can use dual weapons, another can double heal.

JIRODYNE = So like, an Actor's stats make him best for magic cause his HP is always low and his Mana is high, but yet you don't have a way of knowing that when you pick him, so you pick him and then want him to be a combat guy, only to find he isn't that good since he has low HP, low Strength, and can't change to the higher combat classes cause of that.

MAIA = There are combat attacks that use Mana / spells / SP. Anyway, I know your point. I will think about it.

JIRODYNE = So either, I was wondering if there was a way for you to set the stats to be based on if he is Magic or Combat and stuff, like if you choose Combat than the guy you choose has High HP and will gain more HP than mana, and has High Strength and stuff, insted of having to guess which Actor has what stats >.>

MAIA = Yeah, I'll probably do that.

JIRODYNE = Or maybe when you click the guy it tells you his starting stats and then the amount that the stats changes apon level up, so you can see if that actor would be better for magic cause his Mana increases by 100 while the others increase by only 50 or something like that... And if someone is better at Combat cause his Atk increases by 100 while the others increase by 50. I know for a fact it won't increase that much, but you know what I mean, people's stats increase differently so someone would increase in Str/Atk better than someone else, you know to use him as a warrior and the other guy if his mana increases more to be a mage and stuff. It would make creating a team easier insted of having to guess....

JIRODYNE = I'm sorry if I didn't make any sence, pretty hard for me to explain when now there pointing out to you what I mean, but if you can't seem to understand, I can give examples of what I mean in pictures xD

MAIA = Yeah I understand.

JIRODYNE = P.S.S. Also, I notice you can't sell any of your items, what is up with that? I also thought maybe if one of the stealth guys become a merchant it would let you sell, but it still doesn't, how can you sell your items then?

MAIA = True, you can't until later. Would Walmart want to buy someone's junk? You go to pawn shops that appear later in the game. I've tried to make the merchants sell, but it just was impracticle.

JIRODYNE = P.S.S.S. I don't know if this is spose to be or not, but the Enrage skill doesn't always work, which is odd as I believe in ALL RPG games, skills that help you, rather it be increasing your stats, making you enraged, or even healing. It would have a 100% chance of working. Also, I notice that when when I make my go enraged, he might, keyword there, he MIGHT hit once the entire 4-6 turns he is enraged, not including the fact that he never gets enraged on the first try casting it. It seems annoying and useless, if he can't cast it fast and quick, and also that he can only hit bearly once in that time and miss all the other times.

MAIA = I will check on the Enrage skill. ... yep just checked. Technically it always works and never fails, but the character's resistance to being berserk can fail.

JIRODYNE = Also, just so you know, right now my level 7 MAGE, is hitting twice the amount of damage that my level 10 Warrior is >.> Just to give an example of what I mean by stats not being good <.< And said Mage has twice the amount of HP as my Merchant >.>

MAIA = Yeah I've thought about making stats based on classes instead of personalities, but somewhere out there is a rocket scentist that can break cinder blocks with his fists. Change around the personalities.

JIRODYNE = P.S.S.S.S This time it's a request cause it's really annoying >.> After the place where you need the Flit you to the desert and there is a tower there? Below that across two bridges there are mountains and what looks like a forest, and inside the forest there are 2 monsters that seem very very unfair. 1 is a plant monster that seem to cast a sleeping spell that puts everyone to sleep and it casts that damn like like 8 times in a row before finally attacking once before doing it again >.< The other is a bird that does the same, only insted of sleeping it's paralizing, casting it about 8 times in a row, and for some reason almost all of my attacks do no dmg, it doesn't say "Miss! Birdy Basterd takes no Damage!" It saids like "Birdy Basterd takes no damage!" >.<

MAIA = That plant is the Elyptis. It casts sleep not that often. I have lowered the sleep pollen attack. Actually... if you have someone with a weapon that slashes or chops, you can easily take them out.

MAIA = Does the phrase out of your league hold any meaning for you? If you are dying, head back. As for the birds, shoot them with arrows, guns, burn them, freeze them, blow them away with wind attacks. NEVER try to stab, bash or smash a bird!!! After all in real life could you even get close enough to do that? Think about the weapons you're using! It is all about knowing how to deal with the foes. I did just adjust the Blue Jay.

JIRODYNE = Ok, final thing xD In the first post, you say we can't add any extra graphics, but what about Music?

MAIA = No extra music. The file is already big enough.

Rep:
Level 85
Well Maia, I have done what I can before losing interest in finishing it. I'm sorry but here is what I have so far, you'll have to finish the rest of it. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BIEBFIPR

Rep:
Level 90
Looking at it... most of it is from the default game included with the RTP.

Rep:
Level 85
I would like to contribute, but alas, I am incredibly new to rpgm vx.
What would you suggest I learn so I can join this elite band of game makers?

Rep:
Level 90
None of us are good at RPGM VX, as it is only a few months old.

I'd say just use the map maker. That's really the only thing that has majorly changed.

----

As for jirodyne's submission. I've reworked it and it will be included in V.9. It will be a northern off shoot of Alefgard, and should be found very easily. I'll make a canoe launch for the price of 2000 GP to make sure no one goes there to die.

Rep:
Level 85
Looking at it... most of it is from the default game included with the RTP.

Well, I did go online to look for pre-made maps >.> I didn't know cause I didn't pay for mine, I basicly stole it with a cd crack xD

Rep:
Level 85
I stole it

You're not supposed to Admit that.......

Rep:
Level 85
why? you going to hack the forum, still my ip, track it through hundreds of proxy's till you find my real one, track that to my home, knock on my door and tell me to go buy it? >.> I'm not making any game will it, so not making any money, they won't care

Rep:
Level 90
Brand new photos.

Spoiler for:

A bunch of pirates lurking around does not look like a moment to savor.

The first step in the new kingdom of Ravana.

The sky dims for nightfall in a courtyard full of fools.

The new castle of Ravana.

The guards make sure you cannot refuse the king's hospitality.

The new land mass of a kingdom north of Alefgard.

The entire second floor of Ravana.

Rep:
Level 85
lol and inside the "hidden library" if you haven't a chance to look, most of those events are Credits to different people/places, you could also add like, advance classes at the end of it, where the three bookcases were

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Question: How do you put the pictures on the text like that? Or will you do that?

Rep:
Level 90
Actually it is a system thing that matches the face with the NPC sprite unless otherwise indicated. No problem.

So you don't have to do anything.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Oh kool,

and what if I want the hero to say something, what face graphic do I use?

Rep:
Level 90
There is no face graphic for the hero... sorry. It does keep track of what the hero looks like though.

Rep:
Level 90
Brand new photos.

Spoiler for:

An entire fort stands in the way of the bridge. Only the kings permission can get you past.

The walls protect the quiet town of Bigglesburry.

Only the children know the secret of Bigglesburry.

The frozen passage will lead you either to Ranora or death.

Treasure is hidden everywhere, even if secretly.

Beware of ice that will slide you everywhere.

From Ravana to the frozen island of Ranora.

This town is not just dead... its frozen solid.

A curse from a demon has frozen this land and thrown the rest of the world into jepordy

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You're definitely the best VX mapper I've encountered. Good job on the new maps - they look great.

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks. There are not too many RPGM VX mappers around. I personally think the default / RTP mapper is great.