RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
World Crafters: V.10.1

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Concerning the events, how do I submit the area I will make?
Like do I have to add your events or will you do that?

Rep:
Level 90
Hello Maia, I'm new here and been looking around and I must say I really like what your doing, and with your permission I wouldn't mind also making a map that you could use. I wanted to know like, is there a limit to how big one could make it? and also like, what could or couldn't be used. Like say if I were to make a shop, how would I know what items to sell and that stuff. Also I was wondering for like, making it so they have to go to the inn and save to the bed, would that be something I had to add in, or would you be the one to do it after I gave the map(s) to you. And like with the monsters, how would I know which monsters should be used and all that. Just a curious over thinking mind not wanting to make any mistakes is all  ::) Hope to hear from you soon, would very much make my day if I had a reply in like, 5 mins but the luck of that happening not very high lol

There is no limit to how big the maps can be or how many there can be. Make whatever items you want for the shop. I will either balance it or stick the map somewhere that players could bennefit from it.

Same thing with the monsters. I would stick the map in an area where the players could take the monsters or people could just avoid the area entirely. Like Dragon Warrior if you went south west too quick you were dead.

Just make the inn with the standard inn maker. The game system automatically makes it where you can then enter a room at the inn and sleep to save.

I am alive.

Concerning the events, how do I submit the area I will make?
Like do I have to add your events or will you do that?

You make a new project, then make your project. Add events, but some major events the game adds itself like the branching talk system.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 85
C is for Cereal! Thats good enough for me! :)
Hehe, glad to finally get an answer from you lol Now I am off to go make the maps and stuff lol I've never actually made a full game before, tried a few times and just gave up after a while, so don't be surprise if mine sucks horribly lol

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
cool, well I'l be making an area for the teen levels, but I can make it more difficult as necessary.

Rep:
Level 90
You can make it however. Currently my play party is in the teens.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
During the actual making of the levels, I made it harder ;D
So yeah, like 40 or more is recommended

EDIT: We can add stuff to the database right? I am adding a few enemies, skills, items, one or tow common events, and maybe armor. Is that ok?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 03:07:05 AM by Forcystus »

Rep:
Level 90
Sure knock yourself out with database additions.

There was someone else that did level 40. I have yet to beat his land.

Rep:
Level 85
I don't know what level I will make the enemies, I really wouldn't know like you know.. how much health an enemy should have at this level and what stats and that, lol. I'm pretty close to being done building it now, I have only one last town left to finish fixing up. So far, my land will have a castle, 2 "towns", a normal looking town and a vallage covered in snow. Then I have 3 other areas. A small field map, a cave which is one floored that has ice and an ice sliding puzzle in it, you know the kind where when you move forward you keep moving till you hit something and it makes you stop? Yeah, took me an hour before thinking up the Events for that thing, it sucked. Then I have a 5 floored tower. Now I just need to add a story line, and finish making the building in the town.

Rep:
Level 90
That sounds really great. I know a place to put all of that, cause someone submit an ice cave before. There was no ice land, so it will match together nicely. As for the enemies, make it what you want. I'll edit accordingly.

Rep:
Level 85

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Sure knock yourself out with database additions.

There was someone else that did level 40. I have yet to beat his land.

Wait, how much is battle frequency, because if it is three... :P
I'll make an easier place also, for good measure
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:50:16 PM by Forcystus »

Rep:
Level 90
Battle frequency is anything you want, but if its less than 15, it will piss people off. Dragon Warrior was always 5 or less.

Rep:
Level 85
I have a question for you Maia, I really don't know what monsters to put and stuff, cause if I make new ones, I wouldn't know like, what stats and health they should have so that people at level 10-20 should be able to kill them. The same with the Items. The default ones it comes with, only has some basic items with prices and strength and stuff that jump high levels and stuff, and only have 1 item per class. I don't know what items should be added to the shops and stuff. I have no... how you put it... Basic idea of what to have around different levels of the player.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
copy paste the other monsters and items that fit around that level.

Rep:
Level 85
Thats the problem, how do I tell what level they are for? How do I know how high a level 20 monster HP should be, or his Strength, or his evasion, or his defence. And when I make like a sword, how do I know when not to over power it and stuff? I mean, it's not like they tell you in RPG Maker VX "JUST SO YOU KNOW! THIS MONSTER IS LEVEL 24!" or some shit like that >.> I can get like, the HP and Magic and stuff from other games, but that still doesn't help with the monster's stats. If it has too high a defence, you won't do any dmg, too low and a lvl 1 guy can 1 hit him >.> Same with evasion, too high and you always miss, too low and you always hit no matter what

Rep:
Level 90
I have a question for you Maia, I really don't know what monsters to put and stuff, cause if I make new ones, I wouldn't know like, what stats and health they should have so that people at level 10-20 should be able to kill them. The same with the Items. The default ones it comes with, only has some basic items with prices and strength and stuff that jump high levels and stuff, and only have 1 item per class. I don't know what items should be added to the shops and stuff. I have no... how you put it... Basic idea of what to have around different levels of the player.

Just dump them in and I will level them. Some people have left their shops blank for me to put stuff in them.

Thats the problem, how do I tell what level they are for? How do I know how high a level 20 monster HP should be, or his Strength, or his evasion, or his defence. And when I make like a sword, how do I know when not to over power it and stuff? I mean, it's not like they tell you in RPG Maker VX "JUST SO YOU KNOW! THIS MONSTER IS LEVEL 24!" or some shit like that >.> I can get like, the HP and Magic and stuff from other games, but that still doesn't help with the monster's stats. If it has too high a defence, you won't do any dmg, too low and a lvl 1 guy can 1 hit him >.> Same with evasion, too high and you always miss, too low and you always hit no matter what

The best way to tell what level they are for is put a party at level 10 and play test. Either use the test battle or start a party off at level 10 and do your game. If you can survive the monsters, then they are level 10. You should make it where the player survives the monster party at level 10, BUT with new weapons and armor it is easier to defeat them.

Again, if it is too high or too low, I edit the things anyway.

Rep:
Level 85
Just dump them in and I will level them. Some people have left their shops blank for me to put stuff in them.

The best way to tell what level they are for is put a party at level 10 and play test. Either use the test battle or start a party off at level 10 and do your game. If you can survive the monsters, then they are level 10. You should make it where the player survives the monster party at level 10, BUT with new weapons and armor it is easier to defeat them.

Again, if it is too high or too low, I edit the things anyway.
[/quote]

Ok, I will try that, and I think it best if I leave the items out and let you make the shops, I only have a few, 3 in each town I think, an item seller, a weapon seller, and finally a armor seller

Rep:
Level 90
3 shops is an awesome number, not every town needs every little thing. Remember some of the old classics would have an item shop in one town, an armor shop in another. Instead of item / weapon / armor / spell / bank / gambler / pawn shop / armory / fishing bait store / gun store / explosives store / general market / green house.

Rep:
Level 85
3 shops is an awesome number, not every town needs every little thing. Remember some of the old classics would have an item shop in one town, an armor shop in another. Instead of item / weapon / armor / spell / bank / gambler / pawn shop / armory / fishing bait store / gun store / explosives store / general market / green house.

o.O The games I remember, mostly final fantasy, there was only the Inn, Item shop, and the Weapon/armor o.O Also in FF5 there was Magic shop since you had to buy spells to learn it in that game >.>

Rep:
Level 90
There are towns already in the game that have no inns. You need to go to the church to recover HP / MP :-) So not having an inn works not having a church works too, just makes it harder.

Rep:
Level 85
Hmm.... Places without Inns? I just need to make sure to buy lots of healing items lol

Rep:
Level 90
Healing items work, but magic restoration items are not as abundant, same with revival items.

How is everyone's project coming?

Rep:
Level 85
Well, I think I'm almost done with "Making" it, now just need a storyline for it. Thinking up a story, planing, typing, stuff I am not good at, lol

Rep:
Level 90
Technically you don't have to think of a storyline. Here are some suggestions you can maybe use and twist and contort.

Evil Lord has killed people.
King is really an imposter.
Princess was kidnapped.
Boy fell in a well.
Kill the Grobox!
Fall in love with a fairy.
Kidnapp a young prince.
Wake a sleeping village.
Burn down a tree.
Exchange your feet for fins.
Build a bridge.
Catch a cow.

Rep:
Level 85
o.O Thats some Suggestions xD But so far the only boss I have is an Ice Queen, which would be a hidden secret boss :P . As for what to do in my land.... Hmm.... I was thinking more along the lines of having to go to this place and killing some boss guy, just don't know who that boss could be, or as to why you need to kill him lol. He would be in the Ice place, in a tower at the very bottom underground, which is actually only 5 floors >.>. Maybe... Hmm.... hehe, I have an idea now, but It's a secret :P