RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
In case you're saying "Stencyl is limited to fan games" ...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Jon said that?

Oh, then it's true.

sory~
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I can bet you (maybe not 2 months-maybe a year) But stencyl will become a pay-to-get thingy if the makers see that it's gaining so much popularity
The team said they will NEVER charge for Stencyl. Jon wants to bring the best game creation program to everyone. Charging for the program would only hurt his goal.

It would only be hurting it if it were actually the best game creation program, which it isn't, and it won't be.
:tinysmile:

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
It would only be hurting it if it were actually the best game creation program, which it isn't, and it won't be.

I will laugh if it actually turns out to blow everything else out of the water. :P

Looking forward to this.  Can't wait for the beta.  <3

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I can bet you (maybe not 2 months-maybe a year) But stencyl will become a pay-to-get thingy if the makers see that it's gaining so much popularity
The team said they will NEVER charge for Stencyl. Jon wants to bring the best game creation program to everyone. Charging for the program would only hurt his goal.

lol yeah. It's like..everyone is like "ZOMG STENCYL ZOMG ZOMG" but in a few days everyone gets bored of it.

I'm not against it, i'm just saying that don't get over-excited about Stencyl.

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

lol yeah. It's like..everyone is like "ZOMG STENCYL ZOMG ZOMG" but in a few days everyone gets bored of it.

<Irock> Are we getting over excited about Stencyl, Stephen?
<Stephen> Sorry?
<Irock> Everyone is excited about Stencyl
<Irock> But are we over excited?
<Irock> Are we expecting too much?
<Stephen> We hope not :)
<Stephen> We've been honest about what's in and what isn't in the 1.0 program

So if you're aware of everything in the 1.0 program, and you're excited, you shouldn't be disappointed when Stencyl is released.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91

<Stephen> Sorry?

So if you're aware of everything in the 1.0 program, and you're excited, you shouldn't be disappointed when Stencyl is released.

whats in 1.0 and whats not isnt the point. It could have all the features you could think of and it may still suck :(.

atm im tempted to call vaporware.

a perfect example is final fantasy 12 packed full of features and minigames but WHERE THE FUCK IS THE STORYLINE.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

<Stephen> Sorry?

whats in 1.0 and whats not isnt the point. It could have all the features you could think of and it may still suck :(.

atm im tempted to call vaporware.

a perfect example is final fantasy 12 packed full of features and minigames but WHERE THE FUCK IS THE STORYLINE.
Why not stop posting things that could be wrong with Stencyl, and actually ask them yourself?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
becasue wed meet a solid wall of zealots :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
And thus we wait under the arltree for the coming of Stencyl.
*lies in wait*
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Irock, you have no right to dissaprove our opinions and tell us to stop posting them

we think stencyl sucks so we beleive it.

And we aren't saying it SUCKS, atleast i'm not. I'm saying it;ll come like a wave and get washed down in about 1 month or something
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
Irock, you have no right to dissaprove our opinions and tell us to stop posting them

we think stencyl sucks so we beleive it.

And we aren't saying it SUCKS, atleast i'm not. I'm saying it;ll come like a wave and get washed down in about 1 month or something
I'd rather people give their opinions to the Stencyl Team, and wait for a response. They love to hear opinions, especially the well thought out ones.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
They love to hear opinions, especially the well thought out ones.

ARE YOU BEING SARCASTIC TO ME YOU LITTLE IROCK.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
They love to hear opinions, especially the well thought out ones.

ARE YOU BEING SARCASTIC TO ME YOU LITTLE IROCK.
Not at all. The team loves receiving feedback from the community. It helps further improve their program.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Good.
I may register tomorrow and have a quick word with Jon XD

jk, but i do know him in real~
Arlen is hot.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
irock, the stencyl dev team live and breath stencyl their hardly going to like us marching in their telling them there doing it wrong. Its a bit like trying to take a toy of a child or a bone of a dog. Try it and theres tantrumns and bodily fluids all over the place

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Stencyl seems limited to fan games.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
irock, the stencyl dev team live and breath stencyl their hardly going to like us marching in their telling them there doing it wrong. Its a bit like trying to take a toy of a child or a bone of a dog. Try it and theres tantrumns and bodily fluids all over the place
Actually, you have it all wrong. They REALLY enjoy criticism.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
they enjoy it because they know that the criticizer is the minority being that there on a forum/irc room full of zealots.

the fallacy : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-popularity.html

will be overused.

its much easier convincing the above of how he shouldnt become a zealot of everything with the words  "inovative" and "new" plastered on them

Rep:
Level 102
they enjoy it because they know that the criticizer is the minority being that there on a forum/irc room full of zealots.

the fallacy : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-popularity.html

will be overused.

its much easier convincing the above of how he shouldnt become a zealot of everything with the words  "inovative" and "new" plastered on them
Your entire post is a simple guess. The team likes receiving opinions. The majority of the people on the Stencyl forums are like "OMG STENCYL IS PERFECT." Trust me, the team would rather get well thought out criticism. I've seen Jon talk about offering someone a spot in the beta because he gave some well thought out criticism. They don't get a lot of it, and they don't have a problem with it. 

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
so what your saying is i should march into stencyl HQ and go your product will fail and thell like it.

... sick fuckers.

Rep:
Level 102
so what your saying is i should march into stencyl HQ and go your product will fail and thell like it.

... sick fuckers.
They'll like it if you give well thought out criticism.

And Stencyl doesn't have an HQ. x_x

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
stencyl.com.

Rep:
Level 102
Normally a headquarters refers to an actual building or room, but alright.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I posted in this thread and now it's gone  ;8
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 87
Irock is completely right. Jon would love well thought-out criticism. Just don't go in there and say "stencl sux... lul." Nobody likes that. :/

And Stencyl doesn't have an HQ. x_x
Jon's house. XD