RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Now Karo Rushe's Dump Art Gallery

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Here's some random sketches I've bee doing for awhile:

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thank you Jules, thou I had to google the meaning of arresting & the definition still left me a bit lost with what you meant. ^^

Spoiler for Girl Falling:
Spoiler for Tenryuu from Kantai Collection (Color Pencil):
Spoiler for (Work in Progress) Madoka Magica Inspired (Color Pencil):

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
That second one...

...hats off to you, my friend.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Spoiler for Girl Falling:
Spoiler for Tenryuu from Kantai Collection (Color Pencil):
Spoiler for (Work in Progress) Madoka Magica Inspired (Color Pencil):

Beautiful Karo, you're really talented!

Thank you Jules, thou I had to google the meaning of arresting & the definition still left me a bit lost with what you meant. ^^
I just meant that the eyes grabbed my attention and held it. I couldn't look away from them.  Well done.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
:> Thank you.

Well, here's two more:
Spoiler for Fubuki from Kantai Collection:

I kinda feel I messed this one up in her hair colors and her hands.
Spoiler for Konpaku Youmu from Touhou (Unfinished):

Started with the Background first which I colored using pastels, quite the mistake, I forgot I was coloring with Colored Pencils, Sharpies/Markers & Pastels, not Acrylic Paint :s (In painting, one starts painting the background first) I'll try to maneuver & finish this one, thou it'll be really messy.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Oooooo I LOVE the color pencil style. :3
I've never been good at it myself... <.<
But it is so pretty when done right.

And you done did right. ^^

Adds a lot of spark to your pictures.
Just epic!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Spoiler for Yoshino from Date a Live:
Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Here's some new drawings I've done these past few days:

-Color Pencils-
Spoiler for Kashiwazaki Sena from Haganai:

The entire thing is done in Color Pencil, usually I use pastels for the background, decided to do this one entirely on color pencils instead. Went a bit realistic here.
Spoiler for OC Mage inspired from .Hack:

Not much to say, just practicing, mostly on cloth's color, light, shadow & how it would behave and have movement on it. I was suggested to make a clear sky for this one, I'll work in it later thou.

Spoiler for Hakurei Reimu from Touhou, WARNING: A Bit risky here:

I tried to sketch it like the Sena/Blonde girl picture, but I didn't like the eyes, so, instead, went on for an Anime style here instead. I hate doing those bows & ribbons & ties, I get a lot of work in drawing them. I know this one is a tad risky, but nothing harmful. I just wanted to be a bit bolder here. >_>

-Sketches (work in progress)-

Spoiler for Squiggly from Skullgirls:

This one is mostly a sketch for a painting commission; but that's another story.

Spoiler for Tatsuta from Kantai Collection:

Need to fix her left arm at the end, It ain't suppose to look like that. Her face at first looked too manly, @__@ had trouble with that. Other than that, she'll take me time, as I have to paint her clothing's little by little since their black. Gonna try what I did with Tenryuu, and see if I can make a neat background.

I'll post more, and I feel like I'm making progress here, and preparing for Tomorrow's competition.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:08:44 AM by Karo Rushe »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Spoiler for Kashiwazaki Sena from Haganai:

This one's my favorite! ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
:> Thank you Yuyu.
Well; here's two I colored, and one I'm working on:

This one was done for the ComicFest / AguadaCon's Drawing contest:
Spoiler for Mikasa from Attack on Titan:

Colored Tatsuta:

Spoiler for Colored Tatsuta from KanColl:

Working on this one now:

Spoiler for Bismark from KanColl:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I really like the Attack on Titan one :D

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Glad you like it IAMFORTE. One of the Judges of the Drawing Contest did like it a lot.
Finished coloring Bismarck
Spoiler for Colored Bismarck from KanColl:

I used Color Pencils & Sharpies / Color Markers for this piece. This one was more of an Experiment, using Sharpies as the Shadows and using Color Pencils as details & light instead. Used the German Flag (I think it's the German Flag) as the background, which was done with Color Markers, used a lot of Red, and I was been careful coloring. Thou there are some spots and borders I accidentally painted. Nevertheless, loved the result here, and hope you guys too enjoy it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Just a bit of friendly advice: You might want to consider tracing over your lineart on a separate paper. The pencil smudges muddy the marker colors.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Just a bit of friendly advice: You might want to consider tracing over your lineart on a separate paper. The pencil smudges muddy the marker colors.
Any advice & criticism is welcome if it helps me learn & grow; You suggest I use Tracing paper to do this & then trace it back to the drawing? I'm a bit lost on it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Basically make the lineart as clean as possible, then lay another paper over it and trace it, either in pen or marker. Then you can use the clean lineart as a base to color on, eliminating the pencil marks.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
If I can ask, can a bad eraser contribute to giving off the smudge effects that I'm getting? Just something that came to my mind regarding the trace, and erasing.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I like that new one, Karo! You're getting better everyday! ^_^

If I can ask, can a bad eraser contribute to giving off the smudge effects that I'm getting? Just something that came to my mind regarding the trace, and erasing.

I've had both pencil marks and bad erasers cause some pretty nasty smudges. ;_; Sometimes I've gotten away with tracing the sharpie over it on the same page and erasing the pencil marks. But that requires a sharpie that won't smudge easily. Most of them do. ;_;

If you have the resources and time to learn, I bet you'd make a pretty awesome digital artist, too! It took me and my sister a bit to learn and get used to the awkwardness, but it's an overall fun experience. Bamboo/Intuos tablets are pretty affordable if you get the starter ones, and you can do all your drawing on GIMP or photoshop and not have to worry about having all the right materials! ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Agree 100% with yuyu on the digital art thing. It's hard to get used to at first. You might feel discouraged that none of your art looks quite right for a while (I know I was  ;9), but if you can work past that, it's a great tool.

Also, yeah, you definitely want to get a good eraser. Sketching lighter helps as well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:01:57 AM by Princess Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Gummy erasers are like pencil sponges, and you can tear them apart / stick them back together like putty, mashing it together to make the lead it erases just...gone. It mixes into the eraser itself, giving it an incredibly long lifespan. You also don't have to deal with shavings this way, and instead of rubbing out bad lines / leftovers, you can just stamp them out, as the eraser pulls up a little bit of lead with each press. Think of the old silly putty and newspaper comic trick. You can get a gummy eraser cheaply enough at an art supply store or even a college campus store, and you only really need one. Two to save yourself a trip later on, maybe. I used this tool extensively.

If you want a regular pencil eraser that doesn't suck: Staples makes good pencils (bright red rounded erasers) that fall apart easily under friction. Papermate, conversely, has flat topped pink erasers that act like they're coated with glue, and smear ANYTHING. Using them on scantron tests was a nightmare.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Noted on the Eraser, I'll say this to since I haven't and might be a factor, Materials I use:

Erasers: A.W. Faber-Castell Eraser (Pink color)
Pencils: Mechanical Pencil Point 0.7 mm
Color Pencils: (15-year-Old) Prismacolors
Markers: "Sharpie" Fine Point (Permanent Marker)
Pens: Faber Castels (says it's Waterproof) Point 0.2 , and some Pens which they're names are unreadable (Technolinear?) Points from 0.2 to 0.5
Gummy erasers are like pencil sponges, and you can tear them apart / stick them back together like putty, mashing it together to make the lead it erases just...gone. It mixes into the eraser itself, giving it an incredibly long lifespan. You also don't have to deal with shavings this way, and instead of rubbing out bad lines / leftovers, you can just stamp them out, as the eraser pulls up a little bit of lead with each press. Think of the old silly putty and newspaper comic trick. You can get a gummy eraser cheaply enough at an art supply store or even a college campus store, and you only really need one. Two to save yourself a trip later on, maybe. I used this tool extensively.

If you want a regular pencil eraser that doesn't suck: Staples makes good pencils (bright red rounded erasers) that fall apart easily under friction. Papermate, conversely, has flat topped pink erasers that act like they're coated with glue, and smear ANYTHING. Using them on scantron tests was a nightmare.
What I've been using as erasers are "A.W. Faber-Castell erasers" Color pink, and I think their Papermate as Arrow said are the bad ones.

When you say Gummy Erasers, you mean those that are like Bubble Gum? You can stretch them to clean them up and also use the graphite/lead to produce shadows? There's three of those around (In one piece I hope).

I like that new one, Karo! You're getting better everyday! ^_^
Thank you :>

If you have the resources and time to learn, I bet you'd make a pretty awesome digital artist, too! It took me and my sister a bit to learn and get used to the awkwardness, but it's an overall fun experience. Bamboo/Intuos tablets are pretty affordable if you get the starter ones, and you can do all your drawing on GIMP or photoshop and not have to worry about having all the right materials! ;o
Agree 100% with yuyu on the digital art thing. It's hard to get used to at first. You might feel discouraged that none of your art looks quite right for a while (I know I was  ;9), but if you can work past that, it's a great tool.
Since I read these two posts Friday up to today, I have been considering on moving to digital, I have an Old Wacom Tablet sitting around I used to paint this digitally:

Spoiler for:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Very cool! O.O I think I saw you post that one earlier, too, I don't know why I didn't think about that. D:

You seem to do an awesome job with digital coloring, too! :-) It would be cool to see more of your digital stuff!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
The technical term for what arrow is talking about is a "kneaded eraser", and you can find them at pretty much any store that carries even the most basic drawing supplies. Pink erasers are pretty much the worst possible eraser out there.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
So, I went, and played too long with the Tablet enugh to freeze the computer.
Spoiler for Playing around:

And, I'll look for a Kneaded Eraser and get rid of the pink Erasers; They turn this last sketch into a mess:

Spoiler for Re-Class KanColl: