RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Vacant Sky Complete Edition: Act I+ Released!

Rep:
Level 85
Is it possible for me to get these tile sets, or were they custom made for this game?

(I am creating a game for personal use, and i would mainly love the one of the town).

Finished the demo by the way, was "hella" cool.

(I heard will ferell say hella, so its cool to say it now)

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Project of the Month winner for March 2008
Also, try and put names or faces on dialogue boxes, as i found myself guessing who was talking at some points.
There are names on the dialogue boxes.  Did you install the font that came with it?  However, faces are being added in the new demo.

Is it possible for me to get these tile sets, or were they custom made for this game?
They're mostly custom edits, but maybe a while after the full game is released, I'll release the tilesets.

And thanks for the comments. :) The new demo should be out this weekend; it was delayed by some pretty nasty bugs.  In the meantime, you can show your support by Digging our site:
http://digg.com/pc_games/EPIC_Contention_Official_Site

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
The new demo is finally released! :)

Additionally, as you've probably noticed, we've undergone a name change: it is now officially entitled Vacant Sky Vol. I: Contention.  The main post was updated with new images and a download link.  Enjoy!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wicked. Downloading now.  ;D

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

Rep:
Level 85
The Evil Knight
my game is nothing against this!!!!
Projects in progsess/Demo/Finished

Wild Line - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26936.msg340116.html#msg340116
Forsaken Legends - The Black Fire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28741.0.html

European Army - No Demo

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I just finished your demo and I have to say...I loved it!

I was impressed from the very start, the music you used created the mood of the situation and the mapping was impressive. I can't wait to see more!

*Watching*

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Um, can you host it in a place other than Megaupload?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
I just finished your demo and I have to say...I loved it!

I was impressed from the very start, the music you used created the mood of the situation and the mapping was impressive. I can't wait to see more!

*Watching*
Thanks much. XD I really worked my ass off to get it to where it is now, and that's not even accounting for the work of everyone else on the team.

Um, can you host it in a place other than Megaupload?
Gladly.  Any preference?

Rep:
Level 85
The Evil Knight
Projects in progsess/Demo/Finished

Wild Line - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26936.msg340116.html#msg340116
Forsaken Legends - The Black Fire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28741.0.html

European Army - No Demo

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
No comments?  :-X
Also, so this isn't a complete waste of a post, I'm planning to have Act I released around July 1.

Rep:
Level 87
Even though I commented already in PM, at least the error parts, I have to say that the game is going very well right now! The new part of the demo brings in more questions about the story, and so far everything is coming nicely together!

Very well done, this game is looking SEXI~!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
No comments?  :-X
Also, so this isn't a complete waste of a post, I'm planning to have Act I released around July 1.
I ca't believe people haven't commented yet  :mad:

Finally got to play it & I luv it, specially Vastares & Weapon are Kweel!!! <3

=< But that's because I got stuck with the Key in the beginning, *Searching, searching to find the way to turn off their electricity*

>F I approve of this Game as Awesome too!

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
=< But that's because I got stuck with the Key in the beginning, *Searching, searching to find the way to turn off their electricity*
The key is actually only necessary for a sidequest in the intro. XP  Your final goal is the Staff Lounge.  To get there, you need access to the right-hand elevator shaft.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alright, this game is really good. The custom scripts give this game a really unique feeling, and the custom artwork and the mapping are also excellent and mark this game as being certainly one of the most original and probably one of the best RM games I've played in terms of graphics and gameplay. The story so far is also intriguing, but I have only gotten to the groceries (and I can't remember the other thing her mother asked her to do :(), so I can't make too much of a statement about that. In any case, great work so far and I hope to see this game finished. Good luck with this project.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Alright, this game is really good. The custom scripts give this game a really unique feeling, and the custom artwork and the mapping are also excellent and mark this game as being certainly one of the most original and probably one of the best RM games I've played in terms of graphics and gameplay. The story so far is also intriguing, but I have only gotten to the groceries (and I can't remember the other thing her mother asked her to do Sad), so I can't make too much of a statement about that. In any case, great work so far and I hope to see this game finished. Good luck with this project.
Thank you for the comments. :)
Forgetting what to do in East Naven is actually something I hear a lot, so in the final version, I think I'll put in a checklist of some sort.
Places you need to go:
1) Bellsong Cellphone Emporium
2) Groceries
3) Clothing store
4) South Thanes cafe (in the afternoon)

Rep:
Level 87
Impressive looking game, I'll download the demo and give a full feedback.

From the screenshots, this game looks truly unique.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
A couple new tracks from the original soundtrack:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mpjmk0e0mia
Act I Overture - "To Banivia"

http://www.mediafire.com/?mdtx39dzkty
Theme of Meraiden - "Into Memory"

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
An absolutely beautiful new piece of fanart:

Also, Act I is coming along beautifully and should be done within the next few weeks.

Rep:
Level 97
That looks great. Who is the artist?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Kaze wing chan, it said on the image.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
That doesn't really sound like a real name though :P I guess it doesn't have to be.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
It was someone on DeviantArt.  I don't know her real name, unfortunately. XD

Rep:
Level 97
 :lol:

Well, that's alright - it was just my curiosity. The game is great - keep up the good work.