RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Vacant Sky Complete Edition: Act I+ Released!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow, this looks extremely impressive. I'll dl the demo sometime later, kinda busy atm.
For some reason, this reminds me of Chrono Trigger.....

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Project of the Month winner for March 2008
At long last, it's finally here!!! 

First post updated, lots of new pretties, holy God I just spent an all but sleepless week testing and testing and testing this game to death.  Ganonfrog and I stayed up until 7 every morning during out spring break working on this.  I hope you all enjoy!!

Download links:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BYMILSM7
http://rapidshare.com/files/210166152/Vacant_Sky_Vol_1_Contention.zip

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Awesome. I've been waiting for this, I can't wait to download.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
downloading now.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
The ending theme, "Lie Your Way" has been posted to the Project BC Youtube account.  Take a listen if you haven't beaten the game yet, featuring the lovely vocals of Melanie Ehrlich:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6V4ZBvi-WI

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alright, it is officially downloaded. I am now going to start playing.

Rep:
Level 85
 Hello everyone! I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone who has played the game, and to encourage those who haven't to give it a try! Who knows? You may just like it!

A lot of people put countless hours into this project- a true labor of love for everyone involved; and although I am only a recent member of the team, I'm very proud of the part I had to play in seeing this game to its completion. With that said, I would now like to ask for your feedback about the soundtrack: what were the things you liked? I imagine there were also some things that you didn't like! Which song/s were your favorite? What kinds of songs would you like to see in later releases?

All of these things help me (and the team) to produce a game that I can be truly proud of, and that fans all over enjoy playing and always want to come back to for more! Help me realize this goal by requesting you take a moment of your time to give me your thoughts!
Again, thanks to everyone who made this possible: the producers, the fans, and everyone in between!
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Someone pointed out that the download link to the dll was broken, so I reuploaded it.  Sorry!

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
*downloads and fidgets impatiently*

I'm looking forward to playing this, it looks awesome.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Just a heads up.  I'm working on a rerelease of Act I that'll include the new dll file out of the box as well as a few graphical and music fixes.  Not much in the area of new content, but there might be one or two new sidequests.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
It's been a while since I've posted!  Act II is still due out January 1st.  Here's the first new song from the soundtrack, "City of Faith."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8vcYXYA_VU

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Next of the Act II updates!  This is a screenshot from one of the new cities accessible in Act II, Viadahn.

Rep:
Level 83
WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEeeE!!  ;8

Craps in pants*
Downloading Right now..

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Happy Halloween!  I'm back with this week's Act II update!  This time, I've got another song.  Here is "Vagrant (II)", a remix of Weapon's theme that accompanies a boss battle in Act II.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krfu4Zfhigs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krfu4Zfhigs</a>
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:03:33 PM by Sailerius »

Rep:
Level 83
Cool!! its like a fussion of F-Zero soundtrack and Dj Tiesto  :blizj:

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Carnage Scissors!
This game is some kind of wonderful, I'm really excited about part 2 :X

Rep:
Level 84
This looks very good. I like the custom graphics you are using. The story is great. The Virad is one cool cult. One of the best games I have seen.

Rep:
Level 97
That sounds awesome Sailerius - your composer is really good!

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
This looks very good. I like the custom graphics you are using. The story is great. The Virad is one cool cult. One of the best games I have seen.
Thanks much!  I hope you stick around for Act II.  I'm about halfway done with the mapping and dungeon-making and I can say it blows Act I out of the water.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
This week's update features Vanquish, a Banivian knight that joins your party in Act II.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
RMXP User
Wooooooooow!!!! Damn, this is seriously the best RMXP Game ever! You even could make money with this :P

~ Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Quick question for anyone that's beaten Act I: How many credits did you have toward the end of the game?

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Hi everyone and welcome to December! Everything's still on track for a January 1 release. smile.gif Here's this week's Act II update, a new track called "Nightlife."
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bABeWW3yh5M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bABeWW3yh5M</a>

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Whoo! After a 20 hour train ride, I'm finally home for the holidays. Though this week's Act II update is still forthcoming, I've got something else in the meantime. I'm starting up an Act I character poll, where you vote for your favorite male and female characters.

Once Act II has been out, a follow-up poll will be held and it should be fun to see if certain characters go up or down in the rankings. :) Without further adieu, here's the character list:

Male
Rayonne de Bellemont
Zaqris jaGrane
Vastale/Michael Ranksmith
Weapon
Blaise Tearson

Female
Auria Edith
Serijala Racorie
Sandarga
Auria's Mom
Fiora

Submit your vote either by response by IM, PM, email, or whatever method of communication you feel like and I'll add it to the tally. I'll post again next Saturday with the results.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Today's Act II update is a screenshot that shows what the streamlined battle UI looks like.

Some new face portraits by Salice are shown, as well as Ganonfrog's beautiful new battlers for the new party members.  A different font was chosen which is crisper and easier to read.  Also, the addition of the Ascensions option in the battle command menu. :)