RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Vacant Sky Complete Edition: Act I+ Released!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Wow, that fanart is really good and the battle system looks amazing. Andddd that reminds me that I still haven't played your demo. It's like I'm masochistic or something and refusing to do something because I am afraid it will give me pleasure. I am now compelled to rectify that.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Project of the Month winner for March 2008
Wow, that fanart is really good and the battle system looks amazing. Andddd that reminds me that I still haven't played your demo. It's like I'm masochistic or something and refusing to do something because I am afraid it will give me pleasure. I am now compelled to rectify that.
Then the next demo will have you shaking in your boots.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Damn. I got an error during battle

It occured after I went into my items (I had none at the time so I cancelled out of it). As I was scrolling back up to Attack the error occured. Since the error deals with scope I am guessing that the script expected me to have selected an item in the Item menu and the error occured when it tried to do something with that item (which was still nil since I did not select it). That's all just speculation though.

As you've changed the battle system, maybe this error does not occur anymore - but I thought I would point it out nonetheless
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:05:44 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Hm, strange that no one's encountered that error before. XD Ah well, thanks for the report.  I'll make sure it doesn't happen in the new battle system.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Couple new updates.  First of all, the official site has launched at http://projectbc.wordpress.com .

Next, we've got two new pieces of fanart...

And another one, which is too big to paste directly in here.
http://www.deviantart.com/download/81161829/Auria_Edith__first_try_by_Captainalan.jpg

Rep:
Level 97
The website looks pretty nice. Good job on it.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
The website looks pretty nice. Good job on it.

Thanks a ton.  It took a lot of messing to get it look right.

Two new screenshots to show off!  These are of May Hill, East Naven's third neighborhood.

Resting after a long day of shopping.

The fence that kept the world out.

Rep:
Level 97
The cliff looks great. Excellent use of panoramas there. Though the two straight edges on the left side look a little incomplete.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
The cliff looks great. Excellent use of panoramas there. Though the two straight edges on the left side look a little incomplete.
The straight edges of what?  The fence or the cliff?

Rep:
Level 87
I'm no rocket scientist...but isn't that the right side?

<Anyways great looking game!>

Rep:
Level 97
Yes, but I'm from Canada where left and right are reversed :P That might not be true, by the way.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Hm.  That's embarrassing.  How did I not notice that? >_>

Rep:
Level 87
Modern, I'm also from Canada, so no using that excuse ;D

I've played the demo, and given the ending, I want to play more...hurryz!

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I might've mentioned this before, but the use of panorama like that is something I've always been fond of. :> Would be even cooler if you can walk down to that town, which I assume that you probably can.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
I might've mentioned this before, but the use of panorama like that is something I've always been fond of. :> Would be even cooler if you can walk down to that town, which I assume that you probably can.
You can. :) The town you see off in the distance is Fallston, which is the shopping district.

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
The new demo is in beta testing and will hopefully be released tomorrow. :)

Rep:
Level 85
Looks absolutely amazing. Perfection to the detail, love it.

Just out of curiosity, what scripts did you use here? Or did you make them all yourself?

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity

Just out of curiosity, what scripts did you use here? Or did you make them all yourself?
First of all, thank you. ^^

As far as scripts go, the major ones are Synthesis's character customization, ccoa's UMS, and Charlie Lee's CBS.  All of the scripts (particularly the first and third) were modified fairly heavily, and the rest were custom done.

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
I downloaded this off your DA account about a month ago. I thought it was really good. :) Keep up the good work!
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 85

First of all, thank you. ^^

As far as scripts go, the major ones are Synthesis's character customization, ccoa's UMS, and Charlie Lee's CBS.  All of the scripts (particularly the first and third) were modified fairly heavily, and the rest were custom done.

Awesome. Do you have any idea yet when a full version will be available?

Rep:
Level 86
Bellicose Calamity
Hopefully Act I will see a release of early summer, if all goes well.  However, the 2nd demo will be out within a week, and it'll have an extra hour or so of playable content. :)

Rep:
Level 85
Hopefully Act I will see a release of early summer, if all goes well.  However, the 2nd demo will be out within a week, and it'll have an extra hour or so of playable content. :)

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Rep:
Level 97
Sounds great. I can't wait.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
its a great game, really, but perhaps you could offer a version without the voice acting? Its a great idea, but by the way its recorded, it doesnt sound like it really "fits", if you know what I mean.

Also, try and put names or faces on dialogue boxes, as i found myself guessing who was talking at some points.