RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] STORY WRITING COMPETIOTION! SEASON 2!JOIN! 5 members!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I thought...Event..then map..So this is STORY TRIVIA!

I need 5 members..and...2 more judges.....

Now in round a  judge(one of us 3) will pm each contestant with the topic of the story..then they will have 2 days time, to post their story in this topic..they will be given marks from:-

-10 to 10

Rules:-
1.There will  be 2 days time.
2. There will be 5 members.
3. Only us 3 judges.
4.Stories will be jjudged on.......Skill, connnection to topic, common sense and emoctions.
5. DAILOUGES IN THE STORY ARE NECESARRY! It is just like making a game..dialouges movements etc. Are necesarry.

So, please join.. and i need judges..this should go well, though its not a good topic to have a competition on..but What goes in trying..and....the ! RULE IS DIFFERENT!

No one is kicked out...they are scored in each round...the guy with the highest score in the end of all round will be the winner, or i want ur suggestion..

! kicked in each round
OR
The highest in all rounds
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:23:43 AM by boe »
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Hmm so have you decided all the rules yet? :O_o:
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 89
I'll write a story!
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Gaming Hearts Studios Director
If we're playing more than one time, then I may join after this one.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
ooo,i could join this. 8)

Rep:
Level 90
~
I guess I'll join :/

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'd enter because I just wrote a two page Edda. But you said dailoge is neccesary, and this Edda  tells a stroy effectively with out dialoge. So I can't join in on this I guess.

And the fact that a topic is picked for me, would most likely eliminate that Edda.

On second thought since a topic will be given to me, I would like to join

Rep:
Level 90
~
When will this start?

Rep: +0/-0Level 90

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah..im back..exams or the line..now the member s are:-

1.Monster_doog
2.Lavata
3.Ramiro
4.DeathTrooper
5.FuMannChu
Ill wait 1 more day if somenoe 2 ppl are willing to join as judge..if not..I am enough..

And u might think what do iknow 'bout stories..but i win the competitions in school
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
meh if i'll have the time i'll try
sign me up for now and then we will see if i can find time to actually post a story ~_~
holy shit my sig was big!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
6 members is also ok..

PArticipating closes tommorow(15th march)
And blue is in too...
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I would like to judge.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i would also like to judge

and ithink ill spell check your post changes in bold and no offence to your typos i make them all the time i thought id just do this anyway.

:

Post subject: STORY WRITING COMPETITION!     Reply with quote
I thought...Event..then map..So this is STORY TRIVIA!

I need 5 members..and...2 more judges.....

Now in round a judge(one of us 3) will pm each contestant with the topic of the story..then they will have 2 days time, to post their story in this topic..they will be given marks from:-

-10 to 10

Rules:-
1.There will be a 2 days time limit.
2. There will be 5 members.
3. Only  3 selected judges.(one of which is me)
4.Stories will be judged on:

• Skill,
  • connnection to topic
  • common sense
  • emotions
  • [/list:u]
    5. DAILOUGES,ACTION,DESCRIPTION ETC. ARE ALL NECCESSARY[/b]

So, please join...

i need judges this should go well, though its not a good topic to have a competition on but What goes in trying and the RULE IS DIFFERENT!

No one is kicked out...they are scored in each round...the person with the highest score in the end of all round will be the winner, or i want your suggestion..

see poll to make your suggestion

you dont have to make the changes i just felt like doing it :)

Rep:
Level 89
Yes! I'm in!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Awesome, I got accepted in the competition. Writing short stories are the shizm shazm.

Rep:
Level 91
is there a limit for the story's size or otherwise a minimum amount of lines? Oo
holy shit my sig was big!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
No..but try to make it a little big and od for more points....

PARTICIPANTS ENTRY CLOSED!

Ill pm everyone with their topics today evening(in india that is)
And...you will post ur story's here....not pm me and with the question i wrote too soo the jdges can judge..and then Gilgamesh will send and then ahref..so on and so forth....And yeah..the lowest will be kicked...
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
This goes in Creativity Outlet.  :O_o:
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah...Right..Very True..Creativity Outlet....

Forgot..ThoughtCompetitions should be here..sry...

OK..im pming everyone...and i will give...till....Friday...mornig(in india)
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Okay here's my story, I don't know if it's any good or long enough. Dumb question. But was I supposed to copy and paste the topic you game me, do the judges know who got what topic? Please let me know, and If I got to put in the topic too, I'll edit this and put it in.

I'm trying to remember why I'm lying in a pool of my own blood, staring at the night sky. I need to remember, it has to come back to me. Did it have to do with Emily? I think it did, it really did have to with my sister. I'm remebering now.

So we sat on the lawn joking how old people smell like cottage cheese. "Ryan," She uttered, "You're a twerp."

Our friend Pug was there he laughed, "Yeah your a twerp... And short too."

"Shut up Pug," I mumbled. "So yeah, remember that time Emily feel in a cow pie? It was the best."

She smacked me saying, "Hey! I thought you weren't ever going to mention that again." She pouted in her usual way.

Pug rolled around in the grass, laughing. He couldn't stop. He didn't care how agrivated Emily was. He kept rollong around laughing, holding his stomach. It was funny in itself, considering he's so pudgey he rolled like a ball, he really did. A ball wearing a ruddy shirt and faded kilt.

Emily stood up, she commanded, "Dummy and fatty! Come we were going to go on a hike in the woods weren't we? Hurry up!"

So we got up. Pug was trying to hold in the laughter... I was too, but I think I did a better job. We usualy went on a weekly hike in those woods, nothing specail usually. Up to the old Tower and back, completely normal except today.

It was the border of the woods, strange it was silent today. Usually it had a sound of birds, chips of squirrls, the flowing of streams. You know standard stuff... But not today? A figure did move, a shadow at first, like a dark mist even. His voice was cold, "Aww look at the three little whelps. You think your cute huh?"

The shadow formed, he was an old man missing his right arm. His eyes glowed. A blood red, shiimering like hate itself. He grabbed emily by the hair and laughed, "What are you ten? The tarts too young to rape, but your soul should be nice and tastey." He looked at me and pug, "Come up to the tower if you want your souls eaten too... There's always room for dessert." He faded, Emily faded too kicking and screaming yet fading.

I grabbed a tree branch, it had to be fifty pounds. My rage gave me the strength to weild all nine feet and fifty pounds. It would crush his skull i knew it. I screamed, "You bastard!!!!"

Pug said, "Damn it all. We need to get her back. We gotta huury Ryan, we gotta hurry!"

I said nothing, but we ran. We've never run so fast, What would of taken us an hour, took us moments. The door was closed, we tried out best and kept crashing our bodies itno it. The door stared to give, it shattered. I grabbed Emily's hand and shouted, "Pug! get here the hell out of here!" He said nothing and they fled.

That misty shadow returned. Said, "Good job. I Didn't want the tart's soul, stupid. I wanted yours."

I swang all fifty pounds into the mist. Nothing... It didn't hurt him? Why? I kept swinging, the mist was laughing. Every swing I tried my best, but only laughter.It happed that mist formed a hand... A punch to my chest, he broke through me, blood splattered, my eyes faded white.

Now I know why I'm in a pool of my own blood. Staring up. I can't move. I'm dead aren't I? The mist is swirling above me laughing still. I'm dead? I'm dead? Why am I dead? Why?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
(My english is rather bad, and I drunk some beer, so take it for what it is :P)

It was a long time ago...

The days that Aristcles was King of Argos.
10 years after he abandoned Perseus and his Daugher Danea to Sephiros.

Perseus, now a young man of 18 years was hunting in the woods.
His beloved GaurdDog Callistos running with him.

After a while they reached the border of the forest..
There was a huge cave, where, according to the tales, a enormous beast lived.

Perseus moved swiftely and silently towards the entrance of the cave...
His dog on his side.

The cave was dark and it looked like it was deep, but the smell was horrible.
Silently and with his sword in his hand Perseus entered the cave...
He did a couple of steps when he heard a growl.. so loud that he smelled the stinking smell of the monsters breath.

And instead of deeper in the cave the growl came from outside...
Perseus shrugged and duck into a small hole in the wall.
His dog was not in sight... and Perseus was too affraid to call him..

There fell a shadow on the entrance and a huge hairy monster appeared.
Perseus held his sword tighter in his hand and waited for the next move of the monster.

The monster seemed to smell him, because with another load growl he jumped into the cave..

Perseus, affraid and almost paralyzed rolled out of his hole and stood in front of the beast.

The beast attacked immeately, but Perseus wasn;t forgotten what his master Diktys teached him and dodged the first incredible smash bij jumped back. ignoring the pain, because his head hit a rock while he jumped back.

Then he moved quickly forward and drove his sword into the thick skin of the beast..
The beast didnt seem to feel it, and Perseus became really worried..
He passed the beast quickly by jumping between his legs and climbed quickly higher in the cave by using a couple of big rocks.. then hwe jumped on the shoulders of the bewast and drove his sword into his skull...

The beast was slain.. and Perseus went back home..

There he drunk a cup of coffee and went to sleep.

Supervisor... For the real small things... and the finest stuff...
www.rpgs.nl
Woodcutting Xtreme: 94% Stuck on Error

Rep:
Level 89
Okay, here it goes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the village of Little Valley, a boy named Ryan and his younger sister Heather are picking mushrooms in the forest, which go great with the stew that their mother is making.

"Hey kids!" said ma. Hurry up with them mushrooms the stew is almost ready! "Almost done Mom!" I said.

I came out of the bushes and went to my mother's small wooden cottage and sat down on the porch, waiting for her to take the mushrooms.

I realized that Heather wasn't with me, so I called" Heather! Get your mushrooms!"

No answer.

I said " This isn't funny! You're gonna ruin dinner!"

No answer.

I left the mushrooms on the porch and went near the bushes in the forest. I began to panic. Mom would kill me If I lost Heather! After all, she's only 9.

I continued my way, deeper and deeper into the forest, until I noticed someone that was hiding behind a tree. I said" Hey! Who's there?"

I heard quiet scuffling, and out jumped a small boy, shaped like an apple, and he knocked me down! I pushed him off me, and yet another one came too! I thought I was seeing things. I grabbed both and threw them on the ground. I said" You two rascals, who are you?" They said" Im Tate"! And the other one popped up and said " Im Nate!".

They begged me not to tell their mother. I said, " I won't tell, IF, you two come along with me. I'm looking for my sister." Nate shivered. Tate said" There's some strange things in this forest lately. Not the normal raccoons and squirrels. And that strange tower in the middle of the forest. We'll take you there to look!" I said " OK!"

We made our way to a little opening in the forest, where a 3 story tower stood. I never saw this before in my journeys through the woods, so this was a surprise. We opened up the door and went in.

As we made our way, never-ending corriders looked as if they were painted along the walls. Nate and Tate opened a door, and Heather lay there, asleep. I said" Thanks guys! You can go now if you want, I can wake her up."
Nate and Tate together said" I don't think you'll be leaving Ryan".

"I"? I asked.

Then, I was thrown back as if a stone wall had hit me. As Nate melted into Tate, and Tate melted into Nate, one person was made. Or, monster?

It roared with a powerful belch. It was hungry. I picked up Heather,put her on my shoulder, and ran to the next corridor. I hit the wall with a mighty THUD, and my nose began to bleed. The walls were painted! I grabbed a carved piece of wood, and waited for him to attack.

As quick as leaves fall, four copies of the monster was made. I noticed one had a distincht glow. Before I could attack, he lunged forward with a powerful punch, and my arm felt as if it had broke.

Four copies were made again. I saw the glow, and punched it. He was stunned, so I took my wooden dagger, and stabbed! He fell on the ground, and the walls began to wash away. We were outside again.

I picked up Heather again, and went home for some Mushroom stew.

Hope it isn't too long!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Supervisor..you're not in..and asd u aren't in the topic HAD to be wrong..

FuMannChuu:- I got someo f the story but where did he save his SIStER!
i say.... 2/10(Good story atleast)
Monster_Doog:- Best of the3( 7/10)

3 more storise left
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
He did knock down the door and told her to get out of there... So he sort of saved her. But I can understand if you don't consider that saving her. I just realised Anthoer reason why you may have given it a 2/10... Because the villain won.

Now that I think of that. Your score was probly dead on because the hero lost.