RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't see reflections.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I think she means the fog he's using, but it's not the water reflection fog from XP or anything. It's just a poorly composited fog with those harsh pixel edges in places.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Yes, Grafikal is right. I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out what to call it and I'm not exactly good at wording my thoughts. It looks its suppose to be underwater or something with that fog... :p
Winter is Coming

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII

Random screenshot of a random script that  was finished out of boredom.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:26:06 AM by TDS »

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Dude, that is beautiful. Very stylish and slick, I really like it.

But why's the bar with icons under 'Inventory' seperated from 'Inventory'?
  - 

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
equipped bar

that's obviously a minecraft script.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
What do you (anyone looking) think? It's a screenshot from the game I'm making, entitled Visions.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Random screenshot of a random script that  was finished out of boredom.

MINECRAFT!!!

Well done though.

Rep:
Level 82
@erlyn: (one page back)
Your tileset is amazing, very beautiful. It reminds me of all the good the Snes did with graphics. The trees look amazing, I could see and know what the grass was, the dirt looks great with the grass and I adore the houses! And from what I see, the sprites match well with the tileset. The water looks great too, and I like that you made it so we could still see the cliff/side.

I don't really see anything bad about the mapping either, so I won't try to comment on it. :P

I do have a suggestion though...the boxes to the house to the left in the middle, I could barely tell what they are. Unless they aren't boxes?

Other than that, I think its perfect and very good job!

@luiishu535:
There's probably a reason for it and I'm just being silly, but I am very curious...why is there water reflections on the town?

Well, there's really no reason for the sparkles, it's just a thing I've added to give the map more nature and a exotic feeling. SInce the water there is very clean and the place is magical... There's really no big deal for it :P

And btw, do you mean the sparkles in the water or the fog effect? The sparkles are just sprites from RTP and the fog is picture from woratana's fog demo.

Rep:
Level 91
Nowadays everyone cries minecraft at a crafting system; five years ago you would be slated for copying Runescape, before then it would be some other game. It's not a system unique to either of those games. (But then I'm just a moaner)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I think it's a little more direct in this case:

Good job though TDS. It looks great.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Yep, it's a replication of the minecraft bench crafting system.

It's kind of my hobby with RGSS to replicate features from games I'm currently playing, so it's a compliment when people can guess the game it's from fast.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Creator of Kaethos
Currently working on the intro for my game. Which I plan to have shown before the actual start menu. And Well the scene takes places in the Emperor's hallway leading to his chambers. I was thinking of using a darker tile set as the one in the program seems to friendly and doesn't reflect the dark story well. Nonetheless here's a screen shot from the intro where the messenger is heading to the Emperor's chambers.

Any advice to improve on the scene to fit what is written in the spoiler will be great.

Spoiler for What I'm basing the intro off.:
A royal messenger entered the dark and dingy hallway which lead to the fabled chambers of the Emperor. On his way, the messenger was overshadowed by a vast array of paintings. Emperors long gone, glorious scenes of victory from the Empire's past. He stopped when he noticed the great wooden door which sealed the rest of the world from the Emperor's private life. It was open slightly and the light from inside was gushing through.

The messenger approached the door and looked through the gap. He saw a room covered in candles and every single one of them was lit and burning brightly, banishing the shadows from the room. Other than the obvious lighting, the room was mostly bare. It was stripped days ago on the Emperor's orders and the only furniture that remained was the bed and a tall chair that stared out at the window. The messenger's eyes widened as the Emperor who was hiding in the chair started tapping the arm uncontrollably. Nervously the messenger knocked on the door twice and the emperor ushered him in with a hand gesture.

"Close the door" the Emperor commanded with his booming voice

The messenger closed the door as he entered and headed towards the emperor quickly. He was so nervous all he wanted was to get it over and done with. The uncanny ambiance was even effecting the emperor, his eyes were bloodshot and his stare was emotionless but he made the effect to gaze towards the messenger. Just as the messenger was going to open his mouth the emperor interrupted.

"Do you see them?" the Emperor asked quietly?
"See what" The messenger stuttered
"The shadows" the emperor answered staring blindly towards the messenger. And he frowned at the messenger's reaction.

"Do you take me for a fool boy?" The Emperor shouted as he stood out of his seat to confront the messenger. "The shadows from the old tales." The emperor stood back rubbing his eyes and fell into his seat.

"Emperor? I've come to tell you that the royal guard is ready and waiting for deployment." the Messenger stated clearly for him to hear.

The Emperor stared at the messenger in response to the message, he then sighed quietly and slumped further in his seat.

"Tell them that we march for Wolveshaven at dawn. You're dismissed" he said clearly.

The messenger felt relieved as this whole moment would soon be over. He went exit the room but stopped to make a small glance to the chair the emperor was sitting in and left the door open slightly. The emperor was staring out the window in the comfort of his seat. His tapping getting louder...

"The sun shall rise uncontested but from that day onward we will all live in shadows. The children of the stars shall fall under the gaze of the red moon...What have I done..."

Rep:
Level 84
It's a little empty...a lot empty actually.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
So it finally dawned on me why I don't like XP RTP graphics compared to VX RTP. XP doesn't blend the pixel work together therefore making a harder looking graphic and they're also more desaturated.

Creator of Kaethos
grafikal@
Hmm. I see. Well I'm not the best tileset artist but I put that on the to-do list to edit. For now I will keep those how they look now.

DarkCodeZero@ I saw what you mean clearly and attempted to sort out the problem. I also went with a dark dingy look to fit my intro description.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Keep an eye out for implied space. The carpet you have looks uneven, since the walking space for the horizontal is actually three tiles wide, not two. The way you have it implies the floor is the following, where X is carpeted and O is uncarpeted.

XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
OOOOOOOO

It would be odd for the castle to be decorated that way.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
grafikal@
Hmm. I see. Well I'm not the best tileset artist but I put that on the to-do list to edit. For now I will keep those how they look now.

lol, my comment had nothing to do with your screenshot. I was just saying.

Rep:
Level 84
VX is more cartoony and vibrant. I didn't like it at first. But now, I like it better than XP.

Creator of Kaethos
modern algebra@ Thanks for pointing it out. Will put it on the to-do list.

grafikal@ I agree with you on that point and edit those curtains to look better.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Why do you say 'and' ? I literally NEVER even mentioned you in my post. Why do you think I'm talking to you or referring to your curtains? Curtains were just an easy example that I had. Coincidence that you used curtains in your screenshots. Stop it :mad:

Creator of Kaethos

Rep:
Level 73
About TDS's screenshot. That Minecraft styled crafting looks awesome :P i love it. Personal question. Are you going to publish script someday? All other crafting scrips are not too good, or are really limited, or hard to configure. Your looks perect ^^

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yep, it's a replication of the minecraft bench crafting system.

It's kind of my hobby with RGSS to replicate features from games I'm currently playing, so it's a compliment when people can guess the game it's from fast.

It is certainly very well done.

Rep:
Level 75
I was wondering the same thing as B-LAzer

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life