RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feminism

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Unsure if this is for here.

Right, everyone has seen the massive influx of feminism in the news, mainly targeting video games, and the Tropes vs women on kickstarter.

But i wanted to link the the blog of the women who started the kickstarter and get your guys opinion.

http://evebitfirst.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/a-man-is-a-rape-supporter-if/

honestly, i think she has problems, i was wondering your's guys?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Feminism as a whole is dumb.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Feminism is dumb. I have never met a feminist who has truly wanted equality, they want to be worshiped for having a vag.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I've never met a pleasant feminist either, and this one doesn't seem nice either. Any ladies wanna pitch in, though?

... just wondering
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Feminism is dumb. I have never met a feminist who has truly wanted equality, they want to be worshiped for having a vag.

Pretty much this. I'm all for treating men and women equally, but that's not what feminists want.
:tinysmile:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Did you get that from FB? Redwyn I think, posted it this morning.

I'm starting to get sick of feminism. Seriously, never met a bigger bunch of ignorant, bigoted and rude people in my life.

I'm all for equality but they make me feel ill, some of the stuff they believe.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Let's start Manism.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Did you get that from FB? Redwyn I think, posted it this morning.

I'm starting to get sick of feminism. Seriously, never met a bigger bunch of ignorant, bigoted and rude people in my life.

I'm all for equality but they make me feel ill, some of the stuff they believe.

No, i found it in the many Feminism discussions, read some out, then i made a youtube video just talking about it, i found most of the list funny. 

Rep:
Level 87
I actually got the link, from Link [haha :v] during our skype chats. However, I found this last year; I just pushed it out of my mind.

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geQyrBGS_60&list=UUjNxszyFPasDdRoD9J6X-sw&index=105&feature=plcp

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
The author of that blog is a marxist, and therefore is examining the aspects of gender-bias in culture from a marxist perspective (the situation of domination and submission, who benefits--as the consumer--and who is being exploited), and, ultimately concludes that there are elements of patriarchal culture which encourage undesired behavior. In this, she is correct, and I understand pretty much all of her arguments by the school of thought they are based in. And it is always interesting, and perhaps even helpful, to know (or at least consider) why one does or think something and  why that action is thought to be, or is thought not to be, acceptable. The article has its merits, but I do have my issues with the author.

I've read other articles on her blog, and articles he has linked to. I don't like invalidating assessments. Even though I think she does wrong in the way she strictly defines subjects of "love", "consent", and "dysfunction" in her own terms, ignoring how others define them for themselves (her article criticizing another feminist for her BDSM fetishism is a good example of this).

While I would not attempt to define the first two, the use of the phrase "dysfunction" has always been an interesting subject for me. As someone who has severe social anxiety and is mildly paranoid-schizophrenic, "dysfunction" has meant that something interferes with your ability to function. If you can cope with that thing, and find ways to enjoy life/self, then, well, you can hardly be called "dysfunctional" for you are, in fact, "functional".

However, I understand that her argument would have been something along the lines of the Marxist view that just because something is "functional" doesn't make it "right".

As a final note, and this is the one that could get me in trouble with her (or even people on here, maybe), I would like to address that, as someone who is training to be a professional actor, I've been taught that he measure of any interaction is a.) "what the person wants, and b.) "what that person is doing to the other person to convince them to give it to them". She talks about emotional and social manipulation. In my worldview, every interaction (including healthy sexual activity) involves coercion of some form. It should be mutual, but people are always working on each other for one thing or another. Relationships and sex are one of those things. So, how do we define what is "healthy" coercion, and what isn't? I'm not so sure there's a way to define that which would be applicable to everyone, though, there's certainly forms of bad coercion which are wrong for anyone.

In my experience, it is easier to define chaos than to define what order is; what is evil rather than what is good, and I'm not really sure that defining one would automatically define the opposite.

But that's me. I don't know anything, really. I've come to grips with the fact that I don't ever have any answers. I just thought I'd weigh in with something other than "feminism is dumb."

EDIT: And one more question is biting at me has to do with her criticism of the BDSM fetishist. She argues that the fetishist gets a sexual high out of BDSM because she, in her own words, was abused. It was her way of coping with and conquering that fear by reliving it. To make sure we understand: even the woman who is in BDSM is saying this is the case.

How that relates to me, and the existential/philosophical question it brings up has to do with my career as an actor. As I said before, I experience severe anxiety in social settings, with people (especially women). I grew up in almost total isolation. I am one of the last people who would want to be an actor and would pursue it (maybe). To me, though, it gives me a high because it allows me to cope and conquer that fear. To me, people would say that was healthy.

Why, then, is my coping mechanism and ability to get a rush from something that has traumatized me for most of my life, considered good, but hers is "unhealthy" and makes her a victim?

Someone might argue it is because she is a victim, then, of the patriarchal society, and, I cannot argue that. But I can say this: so am I. I didn't meet the standards of the patriarchal society, and still don't. I didn't match the ideal male persona and so was used in a way by other men to establish their own meeting of this critirea. So, idk, in my mind, I don't see it as different. But I do wonder if I am missing the part that makes it so. And if so, why?

At what point (and perhaps here I do get preachy) do we accept that we all have bullshit in our lives and whatever we do to make ourselves happy and to cope is good, as long as we aren't destroying our ability to function (only helping it) or hurting anyone else.

Of course the marxist like her (or the marxist in me) would argue that the things we do in society are always harming others by way of implicit consent, and that is a valid way of looking at things in terms of cause and effect.

*shrugs*
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:12:17 PM by dudeguy119 »

I support:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
He discusses the “types” of women he finds sexually appealing and/or attempts to demean women by telling them he does not find them sexually appealing.
That's dumb. There's a few others in the list that are dumb too, but this is the goofiest.

Anyway, discussing feminism and sexism is really boring. The person made some valid points, but it's all a bit of a slippery slope so whatever.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm really not sure why this board exists anymore.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
If I was able, I would rename it Video Games 2. Only no casuals would be allowed entrance, so it would just be me.

I probably should have written more about it. dudeguy119 made bakas of us all.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
it seems this is on the same level as religion debates.

This board needs a new mod.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Feminism isn't the problem, it's the people that take it in the wrong direction, just like any other philosophy or belief. You can't hate an idea because of the people that twist it into a bad direction.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Most Missed Member2012 Best Writer
Okay, so I, for the most part, cannot stand feminists. And this list of "rape-supporters" is just bullshit... It degrades men in general and is so broad and vague it basically calls ALL MEN rape-supporters which is just wrong. So then I guess I am totally a rape supporter! GO RAPE.

Fuck this list...  fuck these types of supporters and anyone who legitimately believe this list is right...

It's all nonsense...
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Okay, I'm actually going to throw my two cents with what Acolyte says.

Feminism isn't the problem, it's the people that take it in the wrong direction, just like any other philosophy or belief. You can't hate an idea because of the people that twist it into a bad direction.

I think she's right. There are some crazy feminists out there. The idea itself of feminism itself isn't any different then many other groups. There's going to be those few crazies that expect to be handed everything from any group, and take "equality" to beyond.

Okay, so I, for the most part, cannot stand feminists. And this list of "rape-supporters" is just bullshit... It degrades men in general and is so broad and vague it basically calls ALL MEN rape-supporters which is just wrong. So then I guess I am totally a rape supporter! GO RAPE.

Fuck this list...  fuck these types of supporters and anyone who legitimately believe this list is right...

It's all nonsense...

Friend, I will be honest in saying that your response is a bit puzzling to me! ;9 I promise I don't mean any harm, but I'm just going to shoot for my honesty, now. This isn't really about that lady's views, but more about yours. Welp, here goes.

I think its a little unfair when you told me once:
"I'm not really affected when a female character dies in a game", but you admit to crying over some male game character deaths, multiple times. O.o I know you have a lot of respect for men but, while saying "fuck this" to feminist views? Maybe that's not true, but that's how I kinda took this whole thing. After you said that thing about not being affected by female deaths, it kinda bothered me. And now, you're saying how much feminists bother you.

Not sure how true this is or not, but this is made from assumption: A lot of lesbians are feminists, and you have a lot of support for the gay-rights movement. (Which is just fine, they deserve their rights - I'm all for that). But, why do you hate all feminists "for the most part", but then dislike it when someone has issues with homosexuality? It makes little sense to me.

I don't believe in what that woman says, I'm just stating the irony.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
because hating feminists is almost always justified because of their stupidity and unwarranted self-importance.

not to say hating gay-bashers isn't.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:51:51 AM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Feminism is stupid because it isn't even a thing. Equality is a thing.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Holkeye, I agree and disagree with that last bit. Yes, equality should be the end goal. However, feminism still can be (and I would say is) a thing with that in mind. Feminists are just those who work to ensure that females specifically are treated equally.

Feminists, I think, are not nearly the problem. Feminism at its base is a noble endeavor that I can support.

The bad part is the loud part, and the part we deal with most often: extremists. There are plenty of those in the ranks of feminists and sadly that is what they are commonly known for- and that works against them, I think. People, males especially, are significantly less willing to listen to aggressive and offensive individuals than they are to those who work peacefully (but no less affirmatively) to achieve their goals.

A major component of the whole issue being attacked here is that men hold greater power in key elements of society and that women are forced into a handicap of sorts (vastly abridged summary, I'm aware). That said, making those in power frustrated enough that they turn a deaf ear to the cause will only hinder the progress of feminists. There's not really any going around the current system of predominantly male policy makers and officials. You have to work through it and within it, and that means persuasion. Not rage.

I think that this is obvious to any intelligent individual, and the key figures who began the women's rights movement were certainly intelligent individuals themselves. It's the mob that came afterward that flubbed a lot of it up. Any movement will be used by narrow minded and angry people as a vehicle for their ignorance.

It boils down to this: a lot of you, I think, do not hate feminists any more than you hate any individual who wants a fair shake at life. You hate morons.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's like saying you hate animal rights because PETA exists.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I hate PETA because PETA exists.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
PETA is an organization, feminism is an ideology. The two aren't comparable. If anything, it should be comparing vegans to feminists.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I hate PETA because PETA exists.

Feminism definition as defined by http://www.merriam-webster.com to support my statement.

1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

Feminism as an ideology isn't bad.  Women that take it that step further to be treated as the dominant sex is bad.  Feminists fall under the same rules as every other group in that there will always be a few asshats in the bunch that will ruin it for the others.  Some feminists lose their grasp (or never had a grasp to begin with) on what it is they are trying to achieve and that is what gives the whole group a bad name.

The article is totally a slam against men (and women) saying that we support rape.  They didn't think their article through and apparently still have no clue what is wrong with their statements. 
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I think she's right. There are some crazy feminists out there. The idea itself of feminism itself isn't any different then many other groups. There's going to be those few crazies that expect to be handed everything from any group, and take "equality" to beyond.

There's quite a bit more than a few, otherwise, who would care?

Not sure how true this is or not, but this is made from assumption: A lot of lesbians are feminists, and you have a lot of support for the gay-rights movement.

Not to step into a debate that has nothing to do with me, but a lot of those lesbian feminists are the kind of crazy people we're talking about to begin with. Just because she supports gay rights, and a some gay women are feminists, doesn't mean there's a contradiction there. That's like saying it's a contradiction for someone to, let's say, not support the death penalty, but is in support of a particular group of people. And let's say that many of that group of people do support the death penalty. They're two separate issues. You can be in support of a group getting the rights they deserve, and still have different ideologies.

And it's not even different ideologies in this case. Surely everyone who has posted here is for equality. It's the lunatics - the group of people that call themselves feminists - that we're against.

The rest of what you said is between you two.

Feminists, I think, are not nearly the problem. Feminism at its base is a noble endeavor that I can support.

I think that this is obvious to any intelligent individual, and the key figures who began the women's rights movement were certainly intelligent individuals themselves. It's the mob that came afterward that flubbed a lot of it up. Any movement will be used by narrow minded and angry people as a vehicle for their ignorance.

It boils down to this: a lot of you, I think, do not hate feminists any more than you hate any individual who wants a fair shake at life. You hate morons.

Sure, in the beginning everything was working well, and it's the angry crazies that came afterwards that give feminism a bad name. It's kind of like what has happened to many environmental movements. But, that's kind of the point. I'm sure it would be wrong to say that most feminists are the type of women we're discussing, the hypocritical, men-hating, violent type. I'm sure there are plenty of women who consider themselves feminists but don't hate men just because they have a penis. Majority or not, the crazies are the ones getting the attention, and they're the ones shaping what feminism is becoming and what society's view of feminists and feminism itself is. Oh, and let's not forget all the fallacious "studies" done by feminist groups to support their hatred of men and male-dominated society.

So if you want, argue that this is an issue of bad labeling; that we shouldn't group both sorts of feminists under the same label. At the same time, this extreme side of feminism is really what feminism has become. It's mostly loud angry women saying loud angry misguided things that are completely ridiculous.

But you are right, I do hate morons.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Sure, in the beginning everything was working well, and it's the angry crazies that came afterwards that give feminism a bad name. It's kind of like what has happened to many environmental movements. But, that's kind of the point. I'm sure it would be wrong to say that most feminists are the type of women we're discussing, the hypocritical, men-hating, violent type. I'm sure there are plenty of women who consider themselves feminists but don't hate men just because they have a penis. Majority or not, the crazies are the ones getting the attention, and they're the ones shaping what feminism is becoming and what society's view of feminists and feminism itself is. Oh, and let's not forget all the fallacious "studies" done by feminist groups to support their hatred of men and male-dominated society.

So if you want, argue that this is an issue of bad labeling; that we shouldn't group both sorts of feminists under the same label. At the same time, this extreme side of feminism is really what feminism has become. It's mostly loud angry women saying loud angry misguided things that are completely ridiculous.

But you are right, I do hate morons.

My name is Julie Chappell and I approve this message :julesapproved:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
PETA is an organization, feminism is an ideology. The two aren't comparable. If anything, it should be comparing vegans to feminists.

I was comparing feminism to animal rights, not PETA. I probably should have been clearer about that.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
to step into a debate that has nothing to do with me, but a lot of those lesbian feminists are the kind of crazy people we're talking about to begin with.

To step into a debate that has nothing to do with ME, but alot of those people who try to push their opinions on everyone else but wont listen to others opinions are the kind of crazy people we're talking about.

Rep:
Level 97
I'm not entirely sure what your point is, but I'm thinking that you missed mine. Maybe because I'm not very good at articulating my thoughts.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

I don't much like vegans either.

Hmm.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I'm not entirely sure what your point is, but I'm thinking that you missed mine. Maybe because I'm not very good at articulating my thoughts.

Thats what I thought.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
@Arrow & Lethrface

Yes, exactly. o:<

There's quite a bit more than a few, otherwise, who would care?

Right, but that really happens with most groups. Not just feminists. This whole thing is starting to remind me of:

>Few crazy pastors have huge problem with Gay Marriage.
>Some people develop deep hatred for religion/religious people based on those few extremists.

Not saying that happens often, but I've seen signs of it. :mad:

* yuyubabe is religious and approves of Gay marriage.

Not to step into a debate that has nothing to do with me, but a lot of those lesbian feminists are the kind of crazy people we're talking about to begin with. Just because she supports gay rights, and a some gay women are feminists, doesn't mean there's a contradiction there. That's like saying it's a contradiction for someone to, let's say, not support the death penalty, but is in support of a particular group of people. And let's say that many of that group of people do support the death penalty. They're two separate issues. You can be in support of a group getting the rights they deserve, and still have different ideologies.

You make an excellent point about the contradiction, but I didn't ever say it was my intention to contradict her. D: I just didn't think it was right to say feminism was all ridiculous, yet say the thing she did about females, games or not. It kinda proves the feminist point in a way. >:o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
Okay, I'm actually going to throw my two cents with what Acolyte says.

It's all nonsense...

Friend, I will be honest in saying that your response is a bit puzzling to me! ;9 I promise I don't mean any harm, but I'm just going to shoot for my honesty, now. This isn't really about that lady's views, but more about yours. Welp, here goes.

I think its a little unfair when you told me once:
"I'm not really affected when a female character dies in a game", but you admit to crying over some male game character deaths, multiple times. O.o I know you have a lot of respect for men but, while saying "fuck this" to feminist views? Maybe that's not true, but that's how I kinda took this whole thing. After you said that thing about not being affected by female deaths, it kinda bothered me. And now, you're saying how much feminists bother you.

Not sure how true this is or not, but this is made from assumption: A lot of lesbians are feminists, and you have a lot of support for the gay-rights movement. (Which is just fine, they deserve their rights - I'm all for that). But, why do you hate all feminists "for the most part", but then dislike it when someone has issues with homosexuality? It makes little sense to me.

I don't believe in what that woman says, I'm just stating the irony.

I would like to point out that when I said I was unaffected by the deaths of female characters in games is in big part due to the 'stereo-type' woman placed in the games. They are almost always one dimensional characters without an actual personality of their own that would be seen in real life. The male characters do. And yes, I can list a few where there were some women that did have an actual personality.

But this is besides the point. Lesbians are, for the most part, NOT feminists. They typically don't care. And I understand that you said it was an assumption. And the fact that you think I base my opinion on feminists on how I view a fictional character in a game is well, insulting.

And the views I get. It is the LIST I was bitching about and those crazy feminists who think all men are out to get them. I never once said in that post I hated their views... It was about that post in particular.

And I must ask, did you read that post? It was ridiculous. I think you took my post way out of context and shoved it to the extreme of hated all women and their views, and that is not right.  I never mentioned their views, only them.
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 62
you dont know me, you're not god!
if feminist think that men are out to get them i would think a lot of them wouldn't date them, and probably moved on to dating other women... and i think all women are a little feminist.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:18:52 AM by julyla »

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
I would like to point out that when I said I was unaffected by the deaths of female characters in games is in big part due to the 'stereo-type' woman placed in the games. They are almost always one dimensional characters without an actual personality of their own that would be seen in real life. The male characters do. And yes, I can list a few where there were some women that did have an actual personality.

But this is besides the point. Lesbians are, for the most part, NOT feminists. They typically don't care. And I understand that you said it was an assumption. And the fact that you think I base my opinion on feminists on how I view a fictional character in a game is well, insulting.

And the views I get. It is the LIST I was bitching about and those crazy feminists who think all men are out to get them. I never once said in that post I hated their views... It was about that post in particular.

And I must ask, did you read that post? It was ridiculous. I think you took my post way out of context and shoved it to the extreme of hated all women and their views, and that is not right.  I never mentioned their views, only them.

I believe Yuyubabe is simply voicing her opinion, just as you were when you made your posts. as such I ask that you respect her thoughts, please.

Rep:
Level 96
Not to be rude Halo, because I do agree with ninety percent of what you said, but this kind of struck me as a little odd.

I'm sure it would be wrong to say that most feminists are the type of women we're discussing, the hypocritical, men-hating, violent type.

[...]

At the same time, this extreme side of feminism is really what feminism has become. It's mostly loud angry women saying loud angry misguided things that are completely ridiculous.

Could you clarify, here?

if feminist think that men are out to get them i would think a lot of them wouldn't date them, and probably moved on to dating other women

You shouldn't say things like that- they do not reflect well on you.

Rep:
Level 62
You shouldn't say things like that- they do not reflect well on you.

im as straight as an arrow  :P

Rep:
Level 97
Not to be rude Halo, because I do agree with ninety percent of what you said, but this kind of struck me as a little odd.

I'm sure it would be wrong to say that most feminists are the type of women we're discussing, the hypocritical, men-hating, violent type.

[...]

At the same time, this extreme side of feminism is really what feminism has become. It's mostly loud angry women saying loud angry misguided things that are completely ridiculous.

Could you clarify, here?

Sorry, I meant that it would be wrong to say the majority of feminists are crazy, but it's the crazy ones that are the face of feminism.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
There was no disrespect in my post Mariah. I respect her views, just as she respects mine. I thought I was clear on what  meant but apparently not...  I don't hate all women, I hate the eccentric women who agree with the original post and THEIR views on feminism. That's all I meant really...

And I just wanted to defend myself...

And I was only one of many people who said they can't stand feminists. It's not like my post was the only one...

-Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 96
Alright, that makes total sense.

And Julyla, I wasn't saying it doesn't look good to align as homosexual- I myself am very much bi. I'm saying that that was a sweeping generalization that flies in the face of the situation's truth.

Rep:
Level 62
And Julyla, I wasn't saying it doesn't look good to align as homosexual- I myself am very much bi. I'm saying that that was a sweeping generalization that flies in the face of the situation's truth.

i always leave room for the exceptions, i know not all feminist are attracted to women.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That particular video game female mentioned actually had a pretty decent personality. I've known many female characters with great personalities. Actually, you didn't play that game (or got to that part), so you didn't really have a way of knowing what her personality was, but still said that ?? I found it kind of offensive, especially after I was talking about how sad I thought it was and you replied with an "I don't really care" response. That's against the point.

I'd assume a lot of feminists wouldn't want to marry men? I don't know the statistics, exactly, but it was an assumption.

I don't think it has to do with feminists, but females in general. You've showed more signs of having less respect for females then males, in other ways. I'm not saying you hate females, but you don't seem to respect them as much as men.

Okay, so I, for the most part, cannot stand feminists.

You should clarify, because it sounded like you were trashing all feminists based on one extremist. You've even said before that you hate religious people, and I didn't even know how to reply, because you know I am religious. Okay, so I consider myself a feminist, because I want equality for men and women (like Lethrface's definition stated). I'm no extremist, but I believe in equal opportunities. In fact, I think women have an easier time getting jobs, compared to men. I think that should be fixed. That's what a real feminist is, because that's equality. And that statement was offensive to me.

Yeah, that's the views of one extremist. There are environmentalists that think animals should be able to sue in court. There are crazies in every group. Maybe you didn't mean all feminists, but it sounded like you did at the time when this all bothered me.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58

That particular video game female mentioned actually had a pretty decent personality. I've known many female characters with great personalities. Actually, you didn't play that game (or got to that part), so you didn't really have a way of knowing what her personality was, but still said that ?? I found it kind of offensive, especially after I was talking about how sad I thought it was and you replied with an "I don't really care" response. That's against the point.

I'd assume a lot of feminists wouldn't want to marry men? I don't know the statistics, exactly, but it was an assumption.

I don't think it has to do with feminists, but females in general. You've showed more signs of having less respect for females then males, in other ways. I'm not saying you hate females, but you don't seem to respect them as much as men.

Okay, so I, for the most part, cannot stand feminists.

You should clarify, because it sounded like you were trashing all feminists based on one extremist. You've even said before that you hate religious people, and I didn't even know how to reply, because you know I am religious. Okay, so I consider myself a feminist, because I want equality for men and women (like Lethrface's definition stated). I'm no extremist, but I believe in equal opportunities. In fact, I think women have an easier time getting jobs, compared to men. I think that should be fixed. That's what a real feminist is, because that's equality. And that statement was offensive to me.

Yeah, that's the views of one extremist. There are environmentalists that think animals should be able to sue in court. There are crazies in every group. Maybe you didn't mean all feminists, but it sounded like you did at the time when this all bothered me.

What video game character did you think I meant? I never gave any particulars... I said female characters in general in video games.
     -Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 97

Hello, I was married to a feminist. Your claims are based on stereotypes, thank you for playing.

I like how we pretty much all were saying the same thing about feminists and made it pretty clear from the beginning we were all talking about the extremist crazy ones like the example in the first post and yuyubabe has chosen to single one person's posts out.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:04:28 AM by HaloOfTheSun »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Uh, can I for one say that when I read Guin's post I took it simply as she didn't like the woman who made that post.  Speaking for myself only she has never been disrespectful to me. 

I think you guys just had a misunderstanding. 

Edit: I would also like to say that I FREAKING HATE THAT I CAN'T SEE THAT PEOPLE HAVE REPLIED. :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler for:
Feminists can't change anything.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What video game character did you think I meant? I never gave any particulars... I said female characters in general in video games.

The one we were talking about at the time, but I'm not going to spoil a part of the plot. :-X

I like how we pretty much all were saying the same thing about feminists and made it pretty clear from the beginning we were all talking about the extremist crazy ones like the example in the first post and yuyubabe has chosen to single one person's posts out.

Okay. The topic is called "feminism", referring to feminism in general?

Also, I didn't single out her post. My intention was to point out the irony of her statement, because she crams her beliefs down my throat, but then goes around talking nonsense about mine. I'm sick and tired of accepting it, and I'm defending my beliefs, for once.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:15:11 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I like how we pretty much all were saying the same thing about feminists and made it pretty clear from the beginning we were all talking about the extremist crazy ones
Umm...............................................

This is false.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm really surprised this is still going without getting thrown in the sewers and going way off topic.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Spoiler for:

I know you probably didn't mean it as such, but I found that rather offensive.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Spoiler for:

This is the first time anything on the internet has made me burst out laughing in a long time.

Rep:
Level 94

Of course I didn't. I've already said that the idea of Feminism is stupid. I'll treat human beings like human beings, and if that isn't good enough for someone, then they can get stuffed.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Now I hate feminism

because a thread about it challenged the friendship threeofspades and I share

fuck this thread :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Maybe there's a distinction to be made between feminism and women's rights. I never really considered that.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I don't think that makes any sense.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
I know, we had a misunderstanding... and we let it get out of hand. And Letherface is right... This needs to be thrown in the sewers now...

And I am sorry for this topic being destroyed and taken way to far off what it was intended to be...

-Tre Cool

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Maybe there's a distinction to be made between feminism and women's rights. I never really considered that.

Wow please tell me you're joking. I have a feeling that you are. But regardless, of course there is. Women rights as an idea could easily exist without feminism, because feminism only exists to support womans rights (which was their original goal, they weren't created with total equality in mind and I think thats part of the problem). I'm too tired to talk properly at this point anyway.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:02:29 PM by Queen Gracie »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Of course I didn't. I've already said that the idea of Feminism is stupid. I'll treat human beings like human beings, and if that isn't good enough for someone, then they can get stuffed.

The idea of feminism is to strive towards equality for both sexes. Equal wages and opportunities, things like that. Like I said, there are plenty of people who go the whole "men are evil and are beneath us bluh bluh" route, but that isn't really feminism. Saying you think feminism is stupid is basically saying you think striving for equality is stupid.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't see the point in calling it Feminism if it's about equality in general.  There's plenty of situations where women are treated with extreme bias, and I've never seen a feminist complain about that.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
Exactly. Isms are all stupid.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yeah, like organisms.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
casual sexism ITT

Rep:
Level 94
Feminism is sexism

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Rep:
Level 94
Anything that bases anything on gender is sexism. Just as anything that bases anything on race is racism. Though many of the things that feminism originally intended to overcome were also sexism, the original article's argument is also sexist. And no, I am not against equality for men and women. I'm against people thinking that nothing is ever good enough, and that everything is always the result of some "-ist" bias.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
That's deep, man.

Rep:
Level 96
You know what I hate? People who are against "conservative bias" and the "liberal media" and all that horse shit. You need both halves to make a working whole.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
Anything that bases anything on gender is sexism. Just as anything that bases anything on race is racism. Though many of the things that feminism originally intended to overcome were also sexism, the original article's argument is also sexist. And no, I am not against equality for men and women. I'm against people thinking that nothing is ever good enough, and that everything is always the result of some "-ist" bias.

Damn Holk. Just, yes dude, yes.
     -Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

You know, I made an argument about something similar before and got flamed for it.  I don't think it was here but I was talking about black rights groups and whatnot and how there really shouldn't be a group for it as it should be human rights and not some one-sided group.  It's funny how just because I'm white and a male, my opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to using your head. 

Don't get me wrong, I do find that at some point, there was a need for groups to fight for the rights of women and people of color and there might even still be a need to a small extent now but we should all be at the point where we drop the labels and just call for equal rights for all. 

Anyway, I'm tired as hell so I'm going to stop here >.<

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Spoiler for:
You know, I made an argument about something similar before and got flamed for it.  I don't think it was here but I was talking about black rights groups and whatnot and how there really shouldn't be a group for it as it should be human rights and not some one-sided group.  It's funny how just because I'm white and a male, my opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to using your head. 

Don't get me wrong, I do find that at some point, there was a need for groups to fight for the rights of women and people of color and there might even still be a need to a small extent now but we should all be at the point where we drop the labels and just call for equal rights for all. 

Anyway, I'm tired as hell so I'm going to stop here >.<

DEAR WHITE FELLA,
COUPLA THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
WHEN I BORN, I BLACK - WHEN I GROW UP, I BLACK
WHEN I GO IN SUN, I BLACK - WHEN I COLD, I BLACK
WHEN I SCARED, I BLACK - WHEN I SICK, I BLACK
AND WHEN I DIE, I STILL BLACK
AND YOU WHITE FELLA,
WHEN YOU BORN, YOU PINK - WHEN YOU GROW UP, YOU WHITE
WHEN YOU GO IN SUN, YOU RED - WHEN YOU COLD, YOU BLUE
WHEN YOU SCARED, YOU YELLOW -WHEN YOU SICK, YOU GREEN
WHEN YOU DIE, YOU GRAY.
AND YOU CALLING ME COLORED???

As for feminism

Until feminists actually start protesting equal rights for BOTH sexes, I'm against them.
I've never seen a feminist complain when a female has gotten off with a slap on a wrist for a crime she committed, when a man who does the same thing gets a much harsher punishment.

I think females might get a little harsher time getting high hourly wages, but that does not balance out the really shitty and unfair detentions between males and females.

I think enough has been said.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:55:46 AM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I've never seen a woman getting an easier sentence for a crime, but  it really bothers me when women get preference over men in custody cases, especially when the father is obviously better fit for parenthood. That's one of the few things I can think of where women get better treatment. Men are definitely victims of sexism as well, it's just not always as noticeable, which is probably why people don't speak out about it as often.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Woman receives lighter sentence in murder trial

Woman burns toddler, gets house arrest

Fear of flying gets woman lighter sentence for drunken plane incident

I know somewhere on this forum Roph posted the Dear Zachary movie. That was a complete and total travesty of justice. And don't even get me started on Casey Anthony. 

Also: http://investigation.discovery.com/women-and-crime/sentencing-women.html

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Woman receives lighter sentence in murder trial

Woman burns toddler, gets house arrest

Fear of flying gets woman lighter sentence for drunken plane incident

I know somewhere on this forum Roph posted the Dear Zachary movie. That was a complete and total travesty of justice. And don't even get me started on Casey Anthony. 

Also: http://investigation.discovery.com/women-and-crime/sentencing-women.html

Pretty much.  With enough digging, you can find many instances of women getting off easier.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I've never seen a woman getting an easier sentence for a crime, but  it really bothers me when women get preference over men in custody cases, especially when the father is obviously better fit for parenthood. That's one of the few things I can think of where women get better treatment. Men are definitely victims of sexism as well, it's just not always as noticeable, which is probably why people don't speak out about it as often.

That last bit is entirely the problem. (that and the cases like those that Jules mentioned)

And then there's people like me.
There's a group within the feminists, I don't know how big they are, but they're big enough to have their own group, and they would tell me to get bent because of how I was born.

All feminism does is encourage a segregated society.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Or we could always fight fire with fire.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mensrights

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Water puts fire out faster than fire does. Using the same strategy (campaigns? ideas?) just deepens the conflict and continues a pointless battle. I understand the plight of both genders, and the ridiculousness that's been going on for the past few decades, but angering them is simply going to make the fire burn brighter.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
>Unread Posts since your last visit
>This fucking thread again.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
>Unread Posts since your last visit
>This fucking thread again.

Now you're part of the problem :mad:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
> implying that those women didn't apply for their jobs willingly.
> implying men aren't used as a sexual ideal in a similar fashion.

Rep:
Level 94
> implying that the one in the back is a butter face.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

but the filthy pig sexist patriarchy forced womyn to pick these jobs by filling all of the non sexist jobs with sexist pig men
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

but the filthy pig sexist patriarchy forced womyn to pick these jobs by filling all of the non sexist jobs with sexist pig men

lol, womyn.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Crazy men kill millions and commit genocide.

Crazy women spout stupid shit over the internet.

I'll take the women.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
lol @ sword

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that image.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'd be okay with it if they removed my frontal lobe first.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
That image looks like a kickstarter page.

$25 tier reward: Custom catstration knife etched with your initials!

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

http://thefemitheist.blogspot.nl/

Honestly, i really really wish it was, though it was written by a teenager which explains the lack of knowledge in the reproductive system of us.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It's on a blogspot so it must be legit.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
It's on a blogspot so it must be legit.

You could say that about any site.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Yeah, you could. It'd be totally silly, though. You did it anyway.

I was saying the post actually existing does not mean it's not a joke.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I never said it was or was not a joke, i was linking it due to the nature of the post, and the blog to prove it wasn't just a one off joke that carried off the back of the most recent increase in feminism.

If this was a discussion about weather or not this person is joking or is truthful, then carry on.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I don't think NAM's point hinges on whether the image has a source or not. I am about 99.99% positive he's calling bullshit on the content and >implying it's a joke.

Ya tone implies you're taking it serious too, homie. NAM calls bullshit and you link the blog and say 'nah dog, it's for reals.' Want to know how I know you took it for reals? Cos you said this, brother:
Honestly, i really really wish it was, though it was written by a teenager which explains the lack of knowledge in the reproductive system of us.
Why would ya go and say a thing like that if you thought it was a joke?
Spoiler for:
You wouldn't.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
KABLAMO I'm done talkin' at ya ya chobo

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I made a comment, i assume it was real because of the amount of blog posts made and youtube videos made.

Apparently i assumed something with no evidence what so ever.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
If not a joke, then I'm guessing someone has daddy issues.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

http://thefemitheist.blogspot.nl/

Rep:
Level 94
But aren't females just males with their penises chopped off? I missed that day of 6th grade.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
why is this thread still relevant