My game GALER Contest: Win a chance to be a character in my game!!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 23
RMRK Junior
GALER
Plague Of Heroes

Story

Spoiler for story:
A land of the dead, and that's just the beginning....

Rumors of a mysterious plague is running rampant through various parts of the world. What starts out as a disease becomes something mush worse, and the citizens start looking to those who claim to have the answer. A select few begin to hear a voice, a voice that tells them that salvation lies in unity. Follow each character as they join together in one of the last standing kingdoms in GALER, and are told the truth behind the end of the world and what they need to do to prevent it. Internal struggles coupled with outside forces wreak havoc on their ability to cope with the situation at hand, but they must accept themselves and each other if they hope to survive in what is soon to be a land of the dead.   

Gameplay
Spoiler for Gameplay:
This game carries with it the look and feel of an old school Final Fantasy, but also involves a zombie survival horror element. I tried to capture both at the same time!

Characters

Spoiler for See More:

Spoiler for Dale Brightblade:

Spoiler for Igil Gustavious:

Spoiler for Pegeen Rose:

Spoiler for Raymond Stratos:

Spoiler for BorrKrath:

Spoiler for Zack Frazor:

Spoiler for Lord Veruma:

Spoiler for Tavious:

]

Screenshots

Features

Spoiler for Features:

Trailer

FAQ

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:28:37 AM by GALER »
"All that we have is each other, and them..."

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Nice! We could always use more old school games.

Ooh, I like that title screen! :D
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

死んだばか (Shinda baka)
Rep:
Level 95
誰も
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This looks cool. :)

RMRK Junior

IT'S ONLINE ASKING FOR YOUR VOTE!!!

I had just submitted my video game for consideration on the Steam GreenLight project! This site is dedicated to helping independant game developers be chosen based on the consensus of the gamers who would like to see your video game being published. A vote for this game honestly does mean the world to me. Help me make my dream become a reality!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524079883

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
It's possible to put RM2K/3 games on Steam..?
My amateur game-development blog is over at this address: http://sorelosersgaming.blogspot.com
Information on my personal game development projects can be found here!
A list of games that I've reviewed can be found here!

My Twitter is here: @Sated86

RMRK Junior
Yes, it is!! However, you have to be prepared for all the mudslingers who hate RPGMaker. So, I hope it gets picked, but I won't be holding my breath.

Right now a friend of mine has told me there have been roughly 12-14 RPGMaker games to go on Steam Greenlight project. Not sure if any were greenlit though.

RMRK Junior
Hey guys!

Currently my game: "GALER: Plague of Heroes" is currently 40% of the way to the TOP 100 games on Steam Greenlight!!!

I want to thank all of you who have helped make this possible!!!

If you haven't already, please vote if you feel it is worthy!!!

RMRK Junior

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Voted for you on greenlight! Good luck!! ^_^
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
Hey guys,

Just wanted you all to know that my video game "GALER: Plague of heroes", has been GREENLIT on Steam!!!

I wanted to give away some free keys to the members of the RPGMaker universe, as you guys rock!!!

I'll include a few links below to help with the navigation:

Here is a link to the store page on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/508330/

Here is the official website for more detailed info about the game:
http://galerplagueofheroes.weebly.com/

And clicking on the link below will allow you to send me an email if you would like a free key when my game launches Aug 31st!
http://galerplagueofheroes.weebly.com/contact.html

Thanks so much for all your help and support!!!
-Graham Dodge

RMRK Junior
In the year 2000 I started making a game called: "GALER: Plague of heroes." This game was at first meant to be a tribute to my Dungeons & Dragons group who became the best of friends. GALER is the name of our group made up of the first initials of all of our names:

G- for Graham
A- for Alec
L- for Luke
E- for Eddie
R- for Robert

However, as I started making the game it became quite profound that as the storyline went on, it was actually a true parallel to what was going on in my life. In the beginning you start off as a character named "Croswell", well this character was fashioned after a long time friend Sean Croswell who I haven't seen in 25 years, but my first love of RPG's came from watching him play Final Fantasy and cheering him on back in the late 80's....

In fact, the first characters you meet in the game were all people I met in early childhood. A true parallel to real life. As I went on crafting the game, the remaining characters in my game came into picture almost exactly when I met them in real life... Very eerie as I did not intend for this to happen, it just 'happened.'

As I grew older and into my late 20's, I noticed that I just wasn't 'right.' There was something mentally wrong with me, and I used my game to tell my story of mental illness, which can be seen as the world in my game falling apart and people dying from a zombie apocalypse, or in real life, me blocking out my issues with alcohol and losing friends and family in the process of my destruction...

This is more than just a 'game' for me, it is my story and perhaps others while they are playing my game can relate to it. That is my sole purpose for eventually finishing this game in 2015.

Here is the link to my game on Steam (release date set for December):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/508330

Thanks so much for your support!!!

Sincerely,
-Graham Dodge

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Congrats again and good luck! :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
Hey guys,

Unfortunately, I am having difficulty in implementing some of the new features, and as a result I have pushed back my release date to February 3rd, 2017.

Sorry for getting some people's hopes up, but when this launches I really want it to be the best effort of mine possible.

Cheers,
-Graham Dodge

RMRK Junior
Hey guys,

Here is my final and therefore official trailer for "GALER: Plague of heroes"

Let me know what you think!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GBPhQ73a2Q

Cheers,
-Graham Dodge

RMRK Junior
Hey guys!

I did up a playthrough/walkthrough of my game to show the mechanics and gaming style.

Enjoy!!

-Graham Dodge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-VsxSETW0

RMRK Junior
Hey guys!!

I have decided to launch a free contest, where the winner will get to have their own unique character in my game, "GALER: Plague of heroes!"

Click on the link below for more information:

http://galerplagueofheroes.weebly.com/contest.html