RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Scripting ideas thread

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Some of our resident scripters have complained about not having any good ideas for scripts. Let's give them some!

*Ideally, these would be ideas that haven't been done before (i.e. caterpillar, 8-way movement, fog). An exception to this would be if a certain script doesn't quite do what you'd like, or you think could be improved upon.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Well, it's not so much a single script, but, it's an idea for you;

One of the things I would love to see happen for XPAce  would be a SDK-esque style of scripts that work together. I think one thing that Blizz-ABS has going for it, is how easy it is to make plugins for it, and, easier still when other people try to troubleshoot or change it. I equate it to a system similar to the SDK, but, yanno, that works and isn't considered annoying to work with (or hell, someone re-make the ABS as an XPA system, and I'll make it part of the damn core engine!!!)

All joking aside though, I would love to have more people working on XPA with us, rewriting the core scripts, essentially re-making the engine. Right now we're working on a tilemap rewrite, but there's always room for small incremental improvements too; for example, I took one of the experience reset scripts and streamlined it as part of the engine (for those who are scratching their heads, essentially what happens is that when you level up, your current experience drops back to 0, making it harder to level up the higher your level is). I could go on and on about the fun stuff that could be re-written into the engine, but I would like this basic idea to be the spark for other people to have ideas on it :)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 84
Recreate the wall tile extension script for ace. I'd use the heck out of that one.

Here's the original if anyone doesn't know what it is: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=35549

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Inspirational topics can often be great :D

I created this post nearly five years ago: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68256
Can't remember what the forum was called back then.

Looking over those ideas can't hurt ^_^

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
What about editing the main menu, so that at the top of the script all the Xs and Ys can be easily changed.

EDIT:

Hey, here's something you could help with if you're bored or something. *wonk* *wonk*
http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=49343.msg564859#msg564859
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:14:26 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
I might try that after I finish Yuyu's Save menu today!
My Website:

:tinysmile:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
What about editing the main menu, so that at the top of the script all the Xs and Ys can be easily changed.

That's a brilliant idea. I'd love to do that.

That's also a nifty little convenience, even though from memory the function is already accomplished via the L and R inputs (Q and W keys), so all one would have to do is change that to include the Left and Right inputs as well, if I'm not mistaken.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:42:22 PM by Baron von Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hey pacman, you should try doing that mode 7 script we talked about. ;o

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Mode 7 would be cool, but I hear tell that it's nearly unpossible. :(
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Hey pacman, you should try doing that mode 7 script we talked about. ;o
Trust me, I've not forgotten about that. It is on the backburner though, because, like, that shit's complex and I'm reaalllly busy (read: lazy and fat [read: australian]).

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Maybe someone could make an addon to modern's face options? I'd really love to see these happen:

The inquirer also asked whether multi-pose blinks are possible (i.e. something like eyes fully open => eyes half-closed => eyes fully closed => eyes half-closed => eyes fully open). Currently, that is not a feature of this script and it only supports a (eyes fully open => eyes fully closed => eyes fully open) animation. I figured that blinking is a subtle enough gestue that it was unnecessary, but is it perhaps more noticable with large faces?

Anyway, it would not be hard to add and if other people are interested then I will consider adding it.

Also, I think I will add a true or false setting to make the face tone match the screen tone, but am having trouble naming it. :face_tone_match_screen seems a bit long.

For large faces, I was also thinking of adding a message code which would allow you to play a discrete animation at the specified point of text and then revert or change. I.e. it would replace the face, play through the animation once, and then go back or use a new face, as desired. It could be used for a gesture like brushing hair aside, drawing a sword, etc. I'm leaning towards no at this point, since it would probably be kind of useless for small faces. And, for large faces, it would take a lot of work for anyone to draw all those poses and so would likely be used very rarely if at all.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think of all those features.

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
I badly need ideas myself. I am looking for ideas that would be useful for each and every category of the game. For example, script that can be used for:

- Actors
- Skills
- Classes
- Animations
- Items
- Weapons
- Armors
- States
- Tilesets
- Windows
- Scenes (Titles, Menu, File etc)

And perhaps ideas that can be implemented that would be useful for some people to use. I have been porting, scripting and just getting ideas from the past scripters, but to be honest my original scripts made are useless... :(

If you like my work, please do support me on Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Soulpour777?ty=h

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Some ideas that might help out:

I think I was talking to modern about this at one point, but it'd be really cool to see an in-game face generator out there, made with the Ace out-of-game face generator. :-) That's a bit complex, though. ;9 I don't have any direct use for it now, but I get the feeling a lot of people would use it (myself in the future included). (I'm not sure if one of these has been created yet or not).

Also, possibly some more simple/creative menu scripts. Menus are basically the face of your game. *_* It's really challenging to find menu scripts that aren't over-the-top with commands. If they are simple, chances are they look awkwardly empty with very little rearranging. ;9 Stark and Euphoria helped me make a custom one, but I'm sure there are other people out there that might be looking for more diverse menus. :-)

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a shortage of really good simple scripts out there. ;9 Not everyone wants an insanely detailed Yanfly script (Note: Yan's scripts are awesome).
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
I'm planning on making a menu script when I'm competent enough, but it would most likely be a bit complicated.
Maybe I'll make two :p
My Website:

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
Some ideas that might help out:

I think I was talking to modern about this at one point, but it'd be really cool to see an in-game face generator out there, made with the Ace out-of-game face generator. :-) That's a bit complex, though. ;9 I don't have any direct use for it now, but I get the feeling a lot of people would use it (myself in the future included). (I'm not sure if one of these has been created yet or not).

Also, possibly some more simple/creative menu scripts. Menus are basically the face of your game. *_* It's really challenging to find menu scripts that aren't over-the-top with commands. If they are simple, chances are they look awkwardly empty with very little rearranging. ;9 Stark and Euphoria helped me make a custom one, but I'm sure there are other people out there that might be looking for more diverse menus. :-)

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a shortage of really good simple scripts out there. ;9 Not everyone wants an insanely detailed Yanfly script (Note: Yan's scripts are awesome).

Good idea. I have made a lot about Menus myself, perhaps from the basic I know how to modify it to the complex one I like. Menus are interesting to work with, especially depending on what game you're making... RPG or Horror for example.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello

I... I...
;9 okay

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
I put together a "Collection" that implements every possible feature I could think of.   Being that my "Collection" contains everything, it has some things that have already been covered, like Caterpillars and Fogs, as mentioned in the first post, but also has a TON of other scripts that no one has thought of.  Quick List of scripts included in the package I think are unique and useful:

- Timed Input and Windows - Simulates Input from Player for interacting with Menus and Windows
- Super Event Sensor - With eventing, can give NPC's an AI
- Auto State Switches - when an Actor has a State like Poison, a Game Switch is turned on
- Unlimited Battle Page Conditions - Useful for Eventing Battles
- Easy Chests - Template for Chests as doing each chest one by one is a pain
- Move Straight - Moves an Event directly from one location to another in a straight line
- Blink Low Actor Stats - HP/MP blink Red when less than 25%
- Die on Map Screen - Taking Poison Damage per step can now end the game when party is all dead
- Control Self Switches Anywhere - Keeps Switch Eventing "clean" and better organized
- Lightning - Simulates Hollywood Lightning without bugging out like Eventing with Fade Screen
- Disable Battle Commands - Useful for Tutorials or Evented Battles

Lots of the scripts in that "Collection" are not mine, and I tried to credit each author appropriately.  Even the Caterpillar is based on Zeriabs Caterpillar and enhanced to a ridiculus degree.  Multiple Message Windows is also not my original idea, but I tried to further enhance it with things like Auto Orient, so you talk to an NPC the Message Bubble position relative to the speaker depends on which direction the speaker is facing and Sounds Per Letter.  Each script by itself can have many different features.  Combining Scripts like Super Event Sensor (Event AI) and Auto State Switches allows for interesting effects like Stealth Equipment, making gameplay that uses Events to trigger battles have a Metal Gear Stealth type of gameplay.  One of the limitations of a Collection comes from conflicting scripts.  So I couldnt include more than one menu system, battle system or message system.

If you want to check out my "Collection", its availble at this link:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13682.0.html

For a real XP Ace, I would hope that a lot of things that I created would make it into the Default Engine.  Small things like "Turn Toward Event" not just Events turning toward the Player only.  There are a few really good ideas that added to RPG Maker VX and Ace, like the way that weapons work in Ace and a Character Generator that matches the Face.  There are some things I think absolutely sucked about VX and Ace, namely the visual style and trying to Autotile EVERYTHING.  I couldnt stand the Chibi Characters (one tile tall) and much prefer the characters and tilesets in XP.  I despise this style to such a degree that I wont play anything made in RPG Maker VX or Ace, regardless of quality of the game, despite a few good ideas.

There are quite a few related threads on this topic on various forums around the interwebz0rz.  Instead of just repeating myself, I'll just link to those topics:

Why do you still use RMXP?
http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/10422-why-do-you-still-use-rmxp/
http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/10422-why-do-you-still-use-rmxp/#entry84564 (my post, same thread)

Its a bit of a rant on VX and Ace, and I would still be interested in XP Ace if Enterbrain ever decided to make it.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

I... I...
;9 okay

nonononono!!

Your menu is one of the awesome ones, Pacman! ;____;

I just think we can never have too many menu scripts out there! B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Some alternate battle systems that aren't Side-view Final Fantasy clones, as it seems 1/2-2/3 of all battle scripts are that. How about Lufia II or, something non-Final Fantasy but still sideview, Atelier Iris 3?

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I for one would love a Tales of-style battle system, though I'm sure that would be quite the undertaking.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Some alternate battle systems that aren't Side-view Final Fantasy clones, as it seems 1/2-2/3 of all battle scripts are that. How about Lufia II or, something non-Final Fantasy but still sideview, Atelier Iris 3?

Breath of fire~

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I for one would love a Tales of-style battle system, though I'm sure that would be quite the undertaking.
I had wrote down a plan for this back in 2012. To this day I still haven't begun working on it.
When you say you're sure it would be quite an undertaking... You have no idea ;_;
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
Battle systems are very hard, at least I've heard. As for menu's Luna Engine, and official RMW project will be out in their store pretty soon and is supposedly a noob friendly script for editing all the menu scenes as well as the battle scene. So I don't know if menu's would be of much use once that comes out.

I have been working on some scripts lately, but I think I need to re-watch DP3's Hash video :p I can't use array's or hashes very well, and it certainly isn't helping me out. But I may release a few scripts here shortly.

(great videos by the way, DP3 :) )
My Website:

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
Hash is a magical thing, helped me create those Persona related scripts.  :sdog:

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII

EDIT:

Hey, here's something you could help with if you're bored or something. *wonk* *wonk*

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this scripter posts in my videos and I've been following him/her for a while.

http://eternalworld.tistory.com/417

It allows you to use the mouse to change the position and size of the windows as well as the contents within the windows.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,8898.0.html

I'm pretty sure I've made this and the second one. If I find the code I'll give it to you.

Rep:
Level 96

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this scripter posts in my videos and I've been following him/her for a while.

http://eternalworld.tistory.com/417

It allows you to use the mouse to change the position and size of the windows as well as the contents within the windows.

That's super cool. :o
I've never seen this before.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,8898.0.html

I'm pretty sure I've made this and the second one. If I find the code I'll give it to you.

As long as it isn't a bother. It was just a small annoyance I've had with rpg maker.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&