RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Just Beneath The Skin

Rep:
Level 39
So it begins...

http://www.justbeneatheskin.net/

IndieDB:
indiedb.com/games/just-beneath-the-skin

Spoiler for:
Just Beneath The Skin is a cinematic story revolving around Shyla, the main character whom unknowingly and unwillingly is forced into battling for her LIFE.

Taking up her fathers old sword she must face monsters, aliens and maybe even closer foes, friends and family. As the plot thickens Shyla will soon see that she never had a choice, her life has been planned out from the very beginning. Even though she feels alone as she trudges on through one dangerous event after another, visions of another place fill her head just the same. She can't help but feel something deeper is going on then any plot the aliens have for her, something connecting everything together with thin lines of life and death.

Spoiler for:
Name: Shyla
Character Status: Main Character
Sex: Female
Build: Slim
Weapon: Sword
Aware of actual facts?: not even close

"Shyla" is the main character from "Just Beneath The Skin"

She is very quick on her feet but new to fighting but as the game progresses she will become a fierce battler.
She has an intensity behind her moves and a very serious personality as in the story she has been hurt a lot emotionally and takes her pain out in battle.

Her weapon will be a golden sword, she will keep this weapon throughout the entire game, she is very agile as she is a younger character, age of 17 and has very quick reflexes.

Name: Mr. Crow
Sex: Male
Weapon: None
Aware of actual facts?: very much so

Mr. Crow is Shyla's father (or so he says), being a dedicated father he has raised and protected Shyla and her younger brother for 15 years now ever since Shyla's mother disappeared one day never to be seen again. He is very kind and patient, he took on farming to feed his family and has loved every minute of his life, the ups and the downs.

Mr. Crow and Shyla's mother never got married so Shyla does not have his last name and curiously enough she looks nothing like him. She has wondered about this for quiet some time.

Name: Taroe
Build: Medium
Weapon: Dual Swords
Aware of actual facts?: not even close

Taroe is Shyla's sidekick in Shyla's adventure, he will come in at some point in the story and protect her as she is his beloved "Mizuna" (Queen of the Fairies) or so she's told.

He comes from a community of fairies that have been taken over and ruled by aliens from outside of their home (literally aliens) and he is in search for his queen that escaped before the aliens took over, she will bring peace to the disorder and save him and his fairy community. He is very determined and loyal, a little on the dim witted side but can battle quiet well, as the battles progress his loyalty will truly show and the intense fighter he wishes to be will show when his queen stumbles into more and more dangerous situations. He can cast many spells and transform into a larger more buff character.

Name: Sharoe
Build: Medium
Aware of actual facts?: Entirely

Sharoe is a mysterious character that reveals himself to Shyla and tells her all about her journey to becoming a God. He will help her here and there along the way but mostly force her into battles and giggle about it afterwards, he is very childish and loves to crack jokes but when he gets serious, there's no limit to what he may do.

Name: Uknown
Weapon: Robotic Claws
Aware of actual facts?: Entirely

This mysterious character seems to have been watching Shlya from afar for quiet some time, since she was very young. Shyla's father sees this mysterious character peaking in on their place late at night sometimes. Although he seems to know who she is, he has no intention of confronting her as he knows in due time, she will reveal herself to Shyla, who she so desires to interact with.

She is very mysterious (as stated above) and says very little, a long time ago she split her personality in two creating the mask she now wears. The mask is her dark intentions and it controls her in every way, she has lost her true self a long the way but somehow, she just may find herself once again.

The question is.... when?

Name: Caldon
Build: Heavy
Weapon: Dual Swords
Aware of actual facts?: More then anyone else

At this point I will tell you nothing about this character, the only thing you need to know is he is a main character in the game. The rest you will find out soon enough.

Name: Abbot
Aware of actual facts?: Clueless

Abbot is Shyla's little brother, he is a very obedient child who loves to run around outside, playing with the animals and soaking in the fresh air. He doesn't like fruit very much but eats it because his father asks him too, the few fruit trees they have near their home are just not what he is into.

Abbot loves his sister very much and always covers for her if she happens to slip up or do something inappropriate when their father is around. When he gets scared he will come to Shyla's room and ask for her to sing him a song. Being very young he can still cling to his sister a lot but tries to be more independent.

Spoiler for:

• Keyboard input by OriginalWij and Yanfly
  • Advanced Text System by Modern Algebra
  • MOG - Advanced Load Bar VX by Moghunter
  • NeoSky Menu System by NeoSky
  • Yanfly equipment, item, skill, status and system game options
  • On-Map Item Menu by Shanghai simple script
  • Speed save by Jet10985
  • Chest Item Popup 2 by originalwij
  • Tahou map name by Moghunter
  • Advanced weather by Ccoa and Agckuu Coceg
  • Stage Select by Moghunter, Translated by ???Nobody???
  • Thomas Edison VX by bulletxt
  • Sideview battle system [kaduki] by Enu
  • Tales style effect by KGC
  • ATB by Enu
  • Battle backgrounds by Synthesize
  • Burst Gauge by wltr3565
  • Yanfly Victory aftermath by Yanfly
  • Victory Splash by Reedo
  • Shake windows by Exhydra
  • Alignment system by Jet10985
  • Poison fix by OriginalWij
  • More....

Anything I forgot that you happen to see while playing the demo or watching the vids, feel free to shout it out

Spoiler for:
Here are a few screen shots:

Spoiler for:
Here are some videos I have made for the game so far, the latest would be the promo video I just made and the others are screen grabs.

Spoiler for:

Just Beneath The Skin v1.4.8 Beta Packages:
Spoiler for:
JBS Installer:
JBS v1.4.8

Estimated play time: 2 hours (varies per player)

This demo will allow you to play the first 4 levels of the game, anything beyond that will only be available upon full release of the game.

This demo does not represent the final product and is subject to change, please keep in mind there may be bugs or glitches and if you would be so kind to report them to me I can make sure the necessary fixes are applied.

Original game design, storyline, character design by Dizzy Media Inc

Spoiler for:

Characters: Luna Elto

A few sprites: Apoc

Tilesets: Celliana, MegatronX

Other: Fifth Planet Project
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=56414

Script Coder Credits:

-wltr3565
-modern algebra
-Woratana
-Moghunter
-Syvkal
-Yanfly
-NeoSky
-Jet10985
-Rafidelis
-Master I
-D�ƒ«vic
-Galv
-???nOBodY???
-tomoaky
-Ccoa
-Agckuu Coceg
-BigEd781
-IceDragon
-OriginalWij
-Pokemaniac
-BulletXt
-trebor777
-DiamondandPlatinum3
-Sky00Valentine
-FenixFyreX
-Enu
-Mr. Bubble
-Mithran
-NAMKCOR
-Mr. Anonymous
-Synthesize
-AlphaWhelp
-Kylock

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:08:03 PM by dizzyinc »
If there's a will, there's a way.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hi, SMF uses a different code for hyperlinks, so I edited your post to fix your links. Anyway, your project sounds like it might be neat. I will keep my eye on it and wish you the best of luck!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Screenshots? ;_; I'm a fan of screenies.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
So it begins...
Hey! Thanks for fixing those links for me ^_^ I added screenies, videos and the link to the beta above!

Finally a new beta is now available to the general public, make sure to go check it out here:

http://t.co/j0ZoIvg5Iu
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:08:26 PM by dizzyinc »

Rep:
Level 39
So it begins...
The Indiegogo is now up and the game is on steam greenlight! Please help this game by showing your support!

Steam Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=245130995

Indiegogo:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/just-beneath-the-skin/x/6321060

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
 :lol: wow... good luck with greenlighting it... the steam community can be a bit mean towards rpg maker projects. Still - I will eventually attempt the same, so who knows... Maybe we will get lucky.

^-^ In any case, I like the art style of the characters. I will have to try the demo at some point, but it does look interesting! I will see what I can do to support you on steam and indiegogo, though I don't have an account of the latter.

:oCareful using negatives of characters in pictures though, as people usually consider that amateurism with photoshop... Just a tip!
My project: