I noticed there wasn't a thread like this in here, so I decided to make one. Most of these are from Deviantart and might require registration.
- Rotatable 3D models of different poses. Modeled without skin so you can see the muscle structures.Torso Landmarks and VolumeHeads
Stock References:DA Poses
- A large collection of categorized reference photos for different posesSTOCK-backgrounds
- Exactly what it says on the tin. Tons of stuff here.FairytaleStock
- Stock backgrounds and poses with a fantasy theme
- Vector based program in the same vein as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator.Gimp
- Decent alternative to photoshop.PaintTool SAI
(Trial version) - An excellent program for drawing and painting. Technically not a "free" program, but it doesn't automatically stop you from using after the 30 day trial ends. The only thing that changes is you can't save at all, so if you don't mind screencapping your work it's not that big of a deal.GraphicsGale
- A very good pixel art program. There's a free and a paid version, the only difference being able to save and open animated gifs.
Program-Specific Tutorials:SAIPhotoshopPaintShop Pro
- A huge collection of info focusing on game art. Tutorials, advice, references, and articles on multiple topics including animation, textures, environments and more.Ctrlpaint
- Digital painting tutorials.CG Tutorial for Open CanvasFree Patterns (Commercial free with credit)Hair Coloring TutorialEye Coloring TutorialGeneral Coloring Tutorial
Feel free to suggest any links you think might be useful.