RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
'Fire Emblem / Disgaea' Weapon System

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
'Fire Emblem / Disgaea' Weapon System
Version: 1.0
Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: January 10, 2012

Planned Future Versions
  • You Tell Me :)

Description

This script introduces a mixture of both Fire Emblem's and Disgaea's weapon system to your game.
With this script you can allow your actors to have access to any weapon (unless you don't want them to, of course), so long as the actor has a high enough weapon skill level to wield it, this is the script mimicking Fire Emblem's weapon system.
When improving a weapon rank, you'll also earn parameter bonuses for that weapon type, which can be further improved as your weapon rank increases, mimicking Disgaea's weapon system.

Features

• Allows your actors to equip any weapon.
  • Can restrict certain weapon types from an actor, so perhaps a soldier isn't going to use any Staves?
  • Can restrict access to a certain weapon until your actor has a high enough weapon rank to be able to wield it.
  • Can improve parameters for actors when equipping weapon types that they have leveled up with.
  • Can learn skills via weapon level upgrade and only keep it whilst using that weapon type.
  • Can display a level up message box when you have gone up a rank in weapon.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Instructions

Instructions are inside of the script, but it's a little complicated so I made a video tutorial on what things do. It can be seen here:
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REZyKy900fc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REZyKy900fc</a>

Watch on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REZyKy900fc

Script

Get it from here

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

• IAMFORTE - No special reason, just wanted to put him on the thanks list :)
  • Bunni89 - For requesting this script
Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues
I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

Patches

GubiD's GTBS Attack Patch: GubiD doesn't seem to be using the normal attack method in his GTBS, this means that all aspects of this script works with GTBS except for normal attacking; this patch fixes that.
Paste this code in its own script slot below all GTBS related scripts.

GubiD's GTBS: Add Weapon Status Command Option: This Add-on will simply allow you to view your actors Weapon Level Status during a TBS Battle

‘Apply Weapon Type Limit to Actor Classes instead of Individual Actors’: This Patch simply allows you to insert the ~DoNotEquip Notetag in the Actor Classes instead of the actors themselves. This means that if your actor switches classes, you can readjust what weapons they are limited to to match this new class type.

Demo

I really think the Video should be enough to cover this, so I don't anticipate the necessity of a demo.

Author's Notes

This weeks scripting has been brought to you by the letter 'H', as in "Helium mix, optimal... Maneuver props engaged!"

Terms of Use

If you can find a use for it, this script is free to use in non-commercial games. If you want to use this script in a commercial game, please understand that I expect a free copy (that's means you PM me and let me know that you plan on using it for a commercial game).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:10:35 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Very cool!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I love you

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
*_* this is beautiful! I was actually thinking about something like this the other day~ I'll try it out sometime! :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Nice work.

It's funny that this pops up as I'm half way through my own version of such a system, though I must say mine was inspired after playing Grandia more than the others (I've not played either Fire Emblem or Disgaea). It will still get released once it's finished because it's designed in a different way.

One thing I do notice: you have all of the hashes.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
It's funny that this pops up as I'm half way through my own version of such a system, though I must say mine was inspired after playing Grandia more than the others (I've not played either Fire Emblem or Disgaea). It will still get released once it's finished because it's designed in a different way.

1. I made a game with a Kingdom named "Grandia", before I knew that a game was already titled that. :mad:

2. You should play Fire Emblem. ;_; I haven't played Disgaea, though, so I'm not sure what that one's like. =o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
The request itself was for Disgaea, I just choose to add Fire Emblem onto it. I knew next to nothing about Disgaea (as I too have never really played it), and now on the VXA forum (where I also posted this script), some members have informed me that Disgaea actually gives you param boosts based on percentages rather than outright base boosting (as I have done), so now I've got to change it :/
But yeah Logan, you should play Fire Emblem, I'd recommend either Fire Emblem 8 or 9 since they are the easiest :)
Eight is on the GBA and Nine is on the Gamecube.

I wasn't sure if that was a critique or not :|
It was literally the only nice way I could think of to allow users to have as many weapon types and actors as they wanted.
I did not know you could actually make a 3D array that way, so that was a pleasant surprise though :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 82
I wasn't sure if that was a critique or not :|
It was literally the only nice way I could think of to allow users to have as many weapon types and actors as they wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I do like hashes myself. If it was practical, I'd probably turn all arrays into hashes, but sometimes that's just a silly thing to do.

But there is a lot. I understand that you've given the user the ability to pretty much customise everything, but I'd wonder just how many would want to (or rather, how many would actually customise everything). Perhaps a simplified version (kind of like a Lite version, perhaps) would be a good thing to do. Want all actors to have the same requirements to level up a weapon? Use the Lite version so you don't have to copy/paste all over the place. The main reason I say that, is because I really hate using copy/paste in any code situation, because it can lead to issues and such.

Back to the thing with the hashes. For the majority of the time the script is used, I can see most weapons using the same requirements. Where this might change is for powerful weapons to slow down their rate because they provide strong boosts. What I've done is made a hash which stores "rates"; each is defined as a letter rank (like you have S, A, B etc) and in there you can set how much you need for a given level, or, if you wanted to, a formula which will calculate the points for you similar to how exp is handled. Then you can choose a default rate for all weapons, and set the rates only for those that differ. You can also exclude certain weapon types for obvious reasons.

Seeing as it was a request based script, though, you do have to follow the requirements given. If they anticipate they will need to set individual weapons for individual actors, and that they are likely to be different for each (which from a design point of view is a lot of work and makes the system more complex than it should be), then you need to provide that specification. If they don't, however, then you can reduce the size of the code similar to what I have done.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
You have a very good point there. I'll make a lite version to coincide with the fully customisable one. :)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Updated with percentages. Also have the choice between the Full or Lite versions of the script.