RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What do you collect?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
So I went and got the Skyward Sword posters from club Nintendo a few months ago
(It's different for every region, I'm in Australia BTW, Idk if they're offering these world wide).

And yesterday I got another poster and a note saying that there was a design flaw on one of the posters so they sent me a replacement.

Does anyone know what the design flaw was?

I've been looking at both posters for about 20mins and I'm still scratching my head.
Either I'm freaking blind or the design flaw wasn't that bad.

Will post pics if requested :)

Edit: This is now a thread about things you like collecting.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:46:54 AM by d&p3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Apparently they didn't color the wing tips on the bird's left wing.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Gotta admire Nintendo for fixing their mistakes...

Even the ones not really worth noticing.

Thanks, I can finally see the difference now.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Can you say "collector's item"? That might buy you a car if you sell it to the right geek person.
:tinysmile:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Yeah, maybe in a few years time.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Can you say "collector's item"? That might buy you a car if you sell it to the right geek person.

I imagine every other person who received the replacement is thinking the same thing, so I'm not too sure it'll yield much of a profit.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Meh, my prediction only.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Step 1: Purchase poster.
Step 2:
Step 3: Profit.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
What? Its not going to be a collectors item. Its a poster.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Uh, there are movie posters that go for thousands of dollars.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The funny thing is that you'd expect people who are that crazy about the franchise (especially one this old) would have it in the first place.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Uh, there are movie posters that go for thousands of dollars.

Yeah, but this is Skyward Sword. Not Casablanca.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'm just sayin that posters can be collectors items!

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
These days it doesn't take that long for things to become overpriced collectibles.

Release date? February 22, 2011

Price before Christmas? 24$

(I know the price has gone down, but this is an example of how ridiculously fast prices fluctuate.)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Vinyls are a great example of how stupid prices can get.

This album isn't even 10 years old yet :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
Something being high priced doesn't make it a collectors item. We have radiant historia at work for $20. Although, I guess you're right irock. I collect guides, so those are collectors items to me.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
At the time of that price Atlus had mentioned that there was not enough demand for a new print of the game, so that made each new copy a collectible item since no new ones were going to be made. They changed their mind recently though and are making a new print of the game.

Also anything anyone is willing to collect is a collectors item, it doesn't matter if it's not rare or just plain stupid.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Damn, with prices going that high, I'm freaking happy that I bought every game I've ever liked already.

But the poster comes in a set of three so I couldn't exactly call it a 'collector's item' without adding the other two.

I think I'd like to ask what everyone has an affinity to collect.
For me, I like collecting games.

I think I like collecting posters as well, but maybe I'll only keep that enthusiasm until I've actually covered my wall.

How about you?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Collections, eh? I'm a pack-rat.

I collect video games. Probably my biggest collection. I like to collect stones, namely Agate and Crystal. I also collect fun shirts and, of course, fan items. I've got some Zelda stuff, and a shirt and autograph from my favorite shooter ;0 (Top Shot Season 3's winner, Dustin Ellermann). I have some Naruto stuff that is collecting dust and is very old. I'm not longer interested in the series, so I should probably get rid of it some time. Trouble is, I keep forgetting it's there. :P
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 94
As I said earlier, I collect guides. I have almost 250 right now. Most of the older ones that I want, but don't have, are between $40 and $200. I've paid a decent amount for a small few of them, but I'm not yet at the point where I'd like to pay a hundred dollars for a guide. I'll take pictures sometime.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I know what you mean Holk.
There are some games that I wanted to buy, but I really don't feel like paying a ridiculous amount for them.

Out of curiousity, do you actually read any of your guides or do you only just collect them?

But wow, 250, I don't think I could ever collect that much of anything.  :D

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
Much like Yuyubabe, I used to collect stones. Unfortunately, my collection went lost after I moved out of the house. Besides that, I don't really see the point of collecting something. Well, maybe it's because I don't value objects :P

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I collect calligraphy equipment. I do a lot of writing, and every time I see a shiny new nib (a pen tip) or a bottle of brilliantly colored ink, I just HAVE to have it. I use them, eventually. Since I'm wiccan, I use it lots to write in my book of shadows. On that note, I collect herbalism equipment; you know, flasks, beakers, antique looking bottles, and of course the herbs and plants.

I used to collect Warhammer 40k models, and I do have a Space Wolves army, but the hobby has gotten- well- bland. It may yet have it's day again, so I keep them around.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I used to collect WH40K too XD then the store near by me closed...and i had no one to play with : (, i managed to collect all those childish collectables (yu-gi-oh, pokemon etc) in rather large quantities

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I collect pictures of beer I've enjoyed. Well, really, I collect beers ... in my stomach ... I guess.

150+ so far.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I've started collecting vinyl, very small collection so far ;9

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I must be weird or something. I've never had the compulsion to collect anything.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I never really thought about it, but having a look in my room I guess I collect clarinets. There are like five in there.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I suppose you could say I collect dresses. There are at least 6 or 7 prom/homecoming/bridesmaid dresses in my closet. My mom has an extensive collection of shot glasses. Oh, and beer steins. And vintage soda and beer cans.

I think my mom has a problem. .-.

Rep:
Level 94
I read some of them, use some, love the art in some, the information in others. Some I don't touch a lot. It depends on what it is.

Rep:
Level 60
I read some of them, use some, love the art in some, the information in others. Some I don't touch a lot. It depends on what it is.
What would be your favourite guide at this moment?

Rep:
Level 94
Its too hard to answer that question, because I like them for different reasons. I can give you a few examples, though.

"Final Fantasy III" By Nintendo Power is probably the one that I've wanted the longest, but hadn't gotten until recently. Its actually Final Fantasy VI, but back then we didn't know that yet. The art is all Amano, and the info is great. Its one of my favorite games, too.

"Mother 3" by fangamer holds a special place in my heart, because it is a fan-made guide for what is basically a rom translation. The love that went into it is obvious. There are photos of fan-made figures and stuff that are spectacular. I have it sealed in a bag, though, and I don't like to open it often.

The Oblivion guide was the one that I've actually used the most out of all of them, and it shows. Its in pretty bad shape, but I haven't replaced it because I'm waiting for the GOTY edition to go down a bit in price. Right now, its sitting between $50 and $200.

The one that I've paid the most for so far has been the Fallout 3 GOTY Collector's Edition. I'm not going to say how much.

There are so many that I love, though, for so many reasons. I couldn't possibly be very specific.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I used to have that FF3/6 guide. It's pretty awesome.

Rep:
Level 60
Its too hard to answer that question, because I like them for different reasons. I can give you a few examples, though.

"Final Fantasy III" By Nintendo Power is probably the one that I've wanted the longest, but hadn't gotten until recently. Its actually Final Fantasy VI, but back then we didn't know that yet. The art is all Amano, and the info is great. Its one of my favorite games, too.

"Mother 3" by fangamer holds a special place in my heart, because it is a fan-made guide for what is basically a rom translation. The love that went into it is obvious. There are photos of fan-made figures and stuff that are spectacular. I have it sealed in a bag, though, and I don't like to open it often.

The Oblivion guide was the one that I've actually used the most out of all of them, and it shows. Its in pretty bad shape, but I haven't replaced it because I'm waiting for the GOTY edition to go down a bit in price. Right now, its sitting between $50 and $200.

The one that I've paid the most for so far has been the Fallout 3 GOTY Collector's Edition. I'm not going to say how much.

There are so many that I love, though, for so many reasons. I couldn't possibly be very specific.
Well, I can state the reason for you; memories. When playing a game or experience a certain event, your mind saves the feelings you had at the moment. Most of the time, you'll not even know of it. For this reason, many collect things like you. I find this very beautiful, as it is your own way to deal with things from the past. A good example for me would be the movie "Braveheart". I never knew my father until 2 years ago and he died after a fight between us. The scene were his death father comes back really makes me cry, while I saw that movie so many times and nothing happened.

Hear me babble, haha. All I want to say really is that I understand why you collect them even if the prices are high. I find it beautiful in a way. You have my respect :)

Rep:
Level 97
I paid the original pricing for that, u jelly?

Rep:
Level 94
No, because I've got some that are worth a lot more, but I paid nearly nothing for.

Rep:
Level 94
Took a few quick pics. I have a lot more than this, but I haven't got any more shelf space at the moment, so they're sort of just satting around.

The one on top is the Skyrim artbook.

That Resi 5 guide is a rare misprint of the collectors edition. The pages are all in backwards.

Random art books, and those little DoubleJump books are some of my favorite. That Persona 4 book is particularly rare.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:51:51 AM by Holk »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Stuck? Need game hints? Call the Hint Hotline at 1 800 ASK HOLK

Rep:
Level 97
Man I had that Phantom Brave guide, but I used it so damn much it isn't even legible anymore.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Man, back in the day, I wanted the Morrowind Prophecies more than life itself. It seems trivial now that I've discovered UESP.

Rep:
Level 94
I just ordered some books from Japan. Hopefully, if everything goes well, I can post some pictures this week.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Looking forward to it :)

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
That's an awesome collection Holk, looks really impressive!
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Man, that makes me want to start collecting game guides.

Rep:
Level 94
Ok, so I got the first of two shipments from Japan, and one bonus shipment! Here goes:

First, the Ys Complete Collection guide. This one has a whole mess of stuff in it. Maps, item info and illustrations, bestiary, and a whole art collection in the back. The only bad part is that the main section of the guide is not in color. Rather, its in a weird red/white color scheme. Otherwise, it is a pretty cool book.

Tales of Destiny guide. This one is gorgeous. It has a clear plastic dust jacket, so the cover art shows through. The title of the game is printed on the jacket. Inside, it is full color, with maps, character info, bestiary, skills, art, and interviews. Being Japanese, I can't read it, but still, it is a beautiful book.

Tales of Phantasia, Guides 1 and 2. These are for the PS1 remake of ToP, and they match the layout of the Destiny guide. Again, wonderful guides. During my research, I've found that most Japanese guides are split into multiple parts.

Dragon Quest 25th anniversary book! I've wanted this one for a while. Its basically what the title says: a fan book for Dragon Quest's 25th anniversary. Filled with art and stuff from every DQ game. Oh, and the poster, DVD, and inserts are all still in there!

And here's the beginning of a collection that I hope to have complete. These are small books published by NTT for early Final Fantasy games. My next shipment is a bunch of these. The two in the picture are the Final Fantasy IV Setting Materials Guide, and the Final Fantasy V Basic Knowledge Guide. These books are meant to give background information on the worlds and characters of Final Fantasy games. I love them. I only wish they did these in English, but they are so awesome.

Here's a bonus: I finally got a copy of the Mega Man Complete Works artbook!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Damn,very cool! Ever thought about learning the kanji?

Rep:
Level 94
I've been thinking about it lately, yes. Its pretty difficult, though.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, I'll give you that. There's just SO DAMN MUCH of it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Looking at my video game collection and considering how many of them I really play I'd go with that.

I have a massive collection of vinyl too, but I haven't actively collected in a while.

Off and on, Magic The Gathering. I don't have a massive collection, but it's rather respectable. I have spent a shocking amount of money on single cards however.

I don't really know if I consciously collect guitars but I have at least eight of them. I've even started refinishing and making them.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Admiring Holk's guide collection from over here, I've picked a few up for games as I play them. They can get pretty expensive second hand, so I don't even try to collect them. Many times the guides end up being worth more than the game it's self.

I do, however, collect roleplaying games in general, everything from NES to 360. Last time I tallied everything up it was around 600 different titles. Mostly my games are in English, I do have Tales of Phantasia (just saying since Holk's got the two guides there) for PSX, there's a translation patch out, so I bought it to rip a copy of the ISO and play the patch.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Oh, right. Ever since I turned 21, I've been wanting to save my bottle caps, and I started doing so a little while ago once I noticed this thread. I suppose it's video-game related, in a sense.

Rep:
Level 94
Got my 2nd Japanese shipment today! I may do a video, but I haven't decided yet.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
G'head. We'd love to see it.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I collect people :)  And I :heart: them all. You are all now part of my collection. I promise to take good care of you :*

Edit: forgot what I started this post to say lol I have started sooo many collections, I never stick with one thing for long. My biggest collection is just a folder full of beautiful pictures.  I love nature and scenery pictures. Even if they've been manipulated, anything pretty. I'm a sucker for purdy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:26:53 PM by LadyJules »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Got my 2nd Japanese shipment today! I may do a video, but I haven't decided yet.

I'm eagerly awaiting a video Holk ;D

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
As I just noticed, I have a habit of collecting little trinkets and storing them away in a box.
The only common thing among them is that they all have something to do with a video game :)

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Most Missed Member2012 Best Writer
I like collecting the collector's editions of video games. Even though my brother told me not to get the collector's edition of Fable III I did it anyway. Whenever I pre-order a game it's like IT HAS to be a collector's...

Also I like to collect CD's. Even if I have it on my Ipod, I will still go out and get an actual copy. I love CD's. Old School Man! Old School.  :blizj:
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool