RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What do you collect?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
So I went and got the Skyward Sword posters from club Nintendo a few months ago
(It's different for every region, I'm in Australia BTW, Idk if they're offering these world wide).

And yesterday I got another poster and a note saying that there was a design flaw on one of the posters so they sent me a replacement.

Does anyone know what the design flaw was?

I've been looking at both posters for about 20mins and I'm still scratching my head.
Either I'm freaking blind or the design flaw wasn't that bad.

Will post pics if requested :)

Edit: This is now a thread about things you like collecting.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:46:54 AM by d&p3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Apparently they didn't color the wing tips on the bird's left wing.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Gotta admire Nintendo for fixing their mistakes...

Even the ones not really worth noticing.

Thanks, I can finally see the difference now.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Can you say "collector's item"? That might buy you a car if you sell it to the right geek person.
:tinysmile:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Yeah, maybe in a few years time.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Can you say "collector's item"? That might buy you a car if you sell it to the right geek person.

I imagine every other person who received the replacement is thinking the same thing, so I'm not too sure it'll yield much of a profit.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Meh, my prediction only.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Step 1: Purchase poster.
Step 2:
Step 3: Profit.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
What? Its not going to be a collectors item. Its a poster.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Uh, there are movie posters that go for thousands of dollars.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The funny thing is that you'd expect people who are that crazy about the franchise (especially one this old) would have it in the first place.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Uh, there are movie posters that go for thousands of dollars.

Yeah, but this is Skyward Sword. Not Casablanca.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'm just sayin that posters can be collectors items!

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
These days it doesn't take that long for things to become overpriced collectibles.

Release date? February 22, 2011

Price before Christmas? 24$

(I know the price has gone down, but this is an example of how ridiculously fast prices fluctuate.)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Vinyls are a great example of how stupid prices can get.

This album isn't even 10 years old yet :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
Something being high priced doesn't make it a collectors item. We have radiant historia at work for $20. Although, I guess you're right irock. I collect guides, so those are collectors items to me.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
At the time of that price Atlus had mentioned that there was not enough demand for a new print of the game, so that made each new copy a collectible item since no new ones were going to be made. They changed their mind recently though and are making a new print of the game.

Also anything anyone is willing to collect is a collectors item, it doesn't matter if it's not rare or just plain stupid.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Damn, with prices going that high, I'm freaking happy that I bought every game I've ever liked already.

But the poster comes in a set of three so I couldn't exactly call it a 'collector's item' without adding the other two.

I think I'd like to ask what everyone has an affinity to collect.
For me, I like collecting games.

I think I like collecting posters as well, but maybe I'll only keep that enthusiasm until I've actually covered my wall.

How about you?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Collections, eh? I'm a pack-rat.

I collect video games. Probably my biggest collection. I like to collect stones, namely Agate and Crystal. I also collect fun shirts and, of course, fan items. I've got some Zelda stuff, and a shirt and autograph from my favorite shooter ;0 (Top Shot Season 3's winner, Dustin Ellermann). I have some Naruto stuff that is collecting dust and is very old. I'm not longer interested in the series, so I should probably get rid of it some time. Trouble is, I keep forgetting it's there. :P
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 94
As I said earlier, I collect guides. I have almost 250 right now. Most of the older ones that I want, but don't have, are between $40 and $200. I've paid a decent amount for a small few of them, but I'm not yet at the point where I'd like to pay a hundred dollars for a guide. I'll take pictures sometime.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I know what you mean Holk.
There are some games that I wanted to buy, but I really don't feel like paying a ridiculous amount for them.

Out of curiousity, do you actually read any of your guides or do you only just collect them?

But wow, 250, I don't think I could ever collect that much of anything.  :D

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
Much like Yuyubabe, I used to collect stones. Unfortunately, my collection went lost after I moved out of the house. Besides that, I don't really see the point of collecting something. Well, maybe it's because I don't value objects :P

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I collect calligraphy equipment. I do a lot of writing, and every time I see a shiny new nib (a pen tip) or a bottle of brilliantly colored ink, I just HAVE to have it. I use them, eventually. Since I'm wiccan, I use it lots to write in my book of shadows. On that note, I collect herbalism equipment; you know, flasks, beakers, antique looking bottles, and of course the herbs and plants.

I used to collect Warhammer 40k models, and I do have a Space Wolves army, but the hobby has gotten- well- bland. It may yet have it's day again, so I keep them around.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I used to collect WH40K too XD then the store near by me closed...and i had no one to play with : (, i managed to collect all those childish collectables (yu-gi-oh, pokemon etc) in rather large quantities

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I collect pictures of beer I've enjoyed. Well, really, I collect beers ... in my stomach ... I guess.

150+ so far.

:tinysmile::tinysmile: