RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] ~~Floydian Slip~~

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior

DEMO Found Here: Floydian Slip.exe - 45.3 Mb - W/RTP (Fileserve)

Spoiler for:
Synopsis:

Floydionia: A Godless land where right and wrong is a choice, as the inhabitents begin
to lean more towards the evil side an Emotion absorbing parasite attatches itself to
the planet. As Evil grows, so does the Parasite. As the Parasite grows, So does the climate
of Evil. An orphan and his 2 companions were able to destroy the parasite with an mysterious
device called the Echoes. What force drives our parentless hero?

After the destruction our 3 hero's (now kings) rule the land in 3 regions.
Goodwill and Purity have never been stronger. Then one day the Orphan hero begins to lose it.
few years later, he is gone and never seen again. Soon one of his fellow heros will also change.
Almost overnight he begins to transform into an Evil ruler. In the following years the land of
Floydonia would once again become a wasteland of Evil and Despair.

A new orphan, seemingly born of Nothing will emerge. Can he destroy the Parasite and once again
bring peace and life back to Floydonia?

World:
Spoiler for:
Prior to the foretold events, the Land of Floydonia (although Godless and seemingly Lawless)
was a very Vibrant and beautiful land with Happy and Civilized inhabitants.
An unaware populus would soon find out that an Otherworldly Parasite was feeding off the
Planet. The Planet would slowly begin to Rot. Plants, water even procreation is affected
by this unknown entity. In Modern times, the land of Floydonia is a barren wasteland of Evil
and War. Few inhabitants remain. Small towns once again are the norm and living with and off
the backs of your neighbors is commonplace. Life Expectancy is 200 Years. (Ages are basicly doubled
Human years). Like Earth eras (BC and AD) Floydonians guage eras as BR and AR. Before Redemption and After Rebirth.
After Rebirth begins the minute the Heros defeated the Parasite the first time.

Bio:
~Main~
Spoiler for:
Eugene:

Orphan, found on the outskirts of the town of Grantchester. Taken in by the town
he soon assumed the role of protector. Quick witted, Axe weilding Warrior.
Will he too discover an innate drive and will to destroy the planet killing Parasite?

Seamus:

Age 40(20)
Best Friend of Eugene, A Petty Theif who Often gets himself in situations
that only Eugene can get him out of. When his parents died, Eugene assumes the role
of Big Brother. Often forgiving Seamus for his lack of judgement.

Vera Lynn:

Age 46(23)
A Beautiful and caring Woman, She is the object of Eugene's Desire.
Carefree and often Careless she also gets Eugene in sticky situations.
A Healer by Nature.

Polly:

Age 40(20)
Another beautiful woman, She is easily swayed and influenced.
Initially a member of a very strange cult, she joins the crew to
keep an eye on Eugene and his Mission (although Eugene doesn't know)

~NON Initial Party and/or Not playable (maybe)~

Spoiler for:
Syd

Age 50(25)
Disappeared 25 AR
The orginal Orphan Hero.
His good heart and friendly demeanor made him an unexpected Hero. His journey began
when he started a quest to find the Mysterious Echoes Device, which he could not
understand how or why he was driven to find it. After the Device is found He and his
friends Gilmour and Waters began the Journey to destroy the Parasite.

Gilmour

Age 56(28)
The Superstar of Floydonia, His Sword Skill are stuff or Legends and it is the accepted
belief that Without his Sword Syd may never have made it to the Parasites Liar.
Laid back and easy going but always ready to Fight
Lord Gilmour
Age 158(79)
The True King of Floydonia, His Region (East Floydonia) is the pride of all Floydonia.
Reveared by all, its his Goal to keep the rotting globe at the very least a safe and
productive place. Even if they appear to be doomed. Beaten down and Tired from years
of Wars and Famine, He is not who he once was but even so thats better than most.

Waters

Age 52(26)
A Cocky and Powerful Magician, often too quick to use his Magic to turn people into
Toads and Fairies before he calms down and reverts them back. No doubt his part in
destroying the Parasite was indeed important.
Lord Waters
King of West Floydonia, His once Heroic Demeanor changed into an Evil Dictator who
rules his region with an Iron Fist. Wars upon Wars against Lord Gilmour and East Floydonia
have made his people bitter and with thoughts of Revolt. He even builds a Wall to seperate
the Regions.

Screens:
Spoiler for:
I know that these aren't amazing screens by any stretch but I hope to adjust them more as I go.

NOTE 1: I Have two hopes about this Project. One that the almost immessureable amount of
Pink Floyd references dont sour the expeirence. I assume that if you are a Fan of said band
then the References would only Enhance the Game.
And Two that if your unfamiliar with Floyd you can still enjoy the game as is.

NOTE 2: Im all alone! I have almost 0 GFX skills and limited scripting knowledge.
This project is in draft form so Im hoping as I go and Learn I can go back and Tighten up
the earlier parts. ANY Help is encouraged and appreciated!

NOTE 3: Im currently messing around with the Yanfly Melody system. I plan on using either
the default turn based system or maybe the Charged system. Not too sure yet.</div>
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:10:33 AM by CronoCrossisGr8 »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Can I recommend Mack's tilesets & characters? A lot of people prefer them to the standard RTP tilesets... but that's up to your personal preference. :) just throwing it out there. You may have already heard of them. xD

Mack's Tilesets here - Click the English button in the corner if the site is in Japenese. He also has characters & much more.

May I also make another recommendation? I think you should have someone edit the scar on Waters' cheek onto the face of his older face. It doesn't make much sense for him to lose that scar, but gaining one on his eye does make sense xD Gilmour doesn't look much like his older picture, though... but, hey! Old age can change a lot of things! So, yeah :P

Anyways, good luck with your game! Sounds good so far :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:26:23 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Can I recommend Mack's tilesets & characters? A lot of people prefer them to the standard RTP tilesets... but that's up to your personal preference. :) just throwing it out there. You may have already heard of them. xD

Mack's Tilesets here - Click the English button in the corner if the site is in Japenese. He also has characters & much more.

May I also make another recommendation? I think you should have someone edit the scar on Waters' cheek onto the face of his older face. It doesn't make much sense for him to lose that scar, but gaining one on his eye does make sense xD Gilmour doesn't look much like his older picture, though... but, hey! Old age can change a lot of things! So, yeah :P

Anyways, good luck with your game! Sounds good so far :)

Unfortunatly Ive gone too far into this to switch the tilesets, I tried it and it was a real mess.
Maybe ill make a project copy and transfer it over slowly.

I did take your suggestion and I used GIMP to copy the scar over to his older self, for some reason I always saw it as crease or wrinkle more than
a scar but it does look better now. I Disagree about Gilmour not looking alike though, hes one hundred years older than his younger self so his hair color has greyed/whitened a bit, but the eyes nose and ears all match up pretty well.

I really appreciate the quick feedback! I started this project over a year ago but I stopped cause I didnt generate any interest.
With so many projects out there its hard to stand out though.

Thanks again!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Now that you mention it, the nose does look similar... :o I think the long hair threw me off!! lol xD Realistically, his hair would not be the same after that much time anyways lol!

I understand your case about the tilesets, and if it will be too much trouble, it may not be a good idea to change them after all. Whatever you are most comfortable with is what counts when making a game! :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
FEEDBACK (Haven't done this in a while):

> I liked your opening scene, up until "I feel like crap." That just seemed like a weird thing to say. But then it continues flashing to those other places; you did a nice job with that. That butler mage part was again kinda weird.

What's with that "Do you want to continue" part after the opening scene, of course I want to continue, I haven't saved yet. I recommend getting a Selection Menu Sound, it isn't satisfying to select things without a chime. Marissa in the town is stationary in a walking pose. I apparently stole from Lynn's house, I was looking at her jewelery and what not, I kept pressing enter waiting for confirmation that I stole it, but I never got any, so I thought I had been looking for the wrong stuff, so I left, and then I get killed from by an old man without a fight, I have a Battleaxe, what could he have possibly done to kill me? And I didn't save, and didn't want to watch the opening again. Maybe I'll play later.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
FEEDBACK (Haven't done this in a while):

> I liked your opening scene, up until "I feel like crap." That just seemed like a weird thing to say. But then it continues flashing to those other places; you did a nice job with that. That butler mage part was again kinda weird.

What's with that "Do you want to continue" part after the opening scene, of course I want to continue, I haven't saved yet. I recommend getting a Selection Menu Sound, it isn't satisfying to select things without a chime. Marissa in the town is stationary in a walking pose. I apparently stole from Lynn's house, I was looking at her jewelery and what not, I kept pressing enter waiting for confirmation that I stole it, but I never got any, so I thought I had been looking for the wrong stuff, so I left, and then I get killed from by an old man without a fight, I have a Battleaxe, what could he have possibly done to kill me? And I didn't save, and didn't want to watch the opening again. Maybe I'll play later.

The "I feel like crap" line was meant to be a bit of foreshadowing, cause it was during that encounter with the Atom Heart Mother that he was infected. The Butler is Gilmours Mage bodyguard, cause he doesnt have the Magic skill that Waters does. I think I may have tried to cram too much foreshadowing into an opening. All of it would surely make sense by the time the game is finished.

I cant remember why I did the Continue menu anymore, musta been an exercise with choices as is the silly thief minigame.
I hadnt used variable too much prior to that so I tried to make a minigame using only variables. The Minigame starts with a warning that you may not get away with it, as do some of the warnings during the minigame. I should problaly just ditch it all together, all though it does state that you too can just skip it. It should be after about 5 or 6 items that the option to take them starts to come up, the reason for the silly minigame was that I always enjoyed JRPGs that had very interactive locations, I was always dissapointed when youd enter a house and you couldnt look at or take anything so I may have went a little crazy. I tried to make each interaction humorous. I should warn you to save before going forward with the minigame.  Also by using variables, You'd get a different "Death" scene depending on whose house you stole the last item from which I was kinda proud of cause I was new to variables.

I really appreciate the feedback, ill consider all of that going further.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Yeah, but I pressed the action button a lot and never saw the steal message pop up, yet I still stole it. I'll continue with the game later today, and skip the thief business.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Yeah, but I pressed the action button a lot and never saw the steal message pop up, yet I still stole it. I'll continue with the game later today, and skip the thief business.
Great. Ive update the Demo so which addresses a few issues.