RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy XII is Released!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
FF 12 looks like it might be alright. If I ever get a Playstation, I may end up trying it out.

10 and 10-2 were a waste of time, in my opinion, and I never tried 11 because I'm not big on online games, but I think I may actually enjoy 12.
:tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
FF 12 looks like it might be alright. If I ever get a Playstation, I may end up trying it out.

10 and 10-2 were a waste of time, in my opinion, and I never tried 11 because I'm not big on online games, but I think I may actually enjoy 12.

ummm...

well, heres the thing. In FFXII, my experience so far shows that you have a number of characters who can all be turned into whatever you want, ala the liscense board. The maps are amazing, the battle system actually plays out ver ywell...annnd....yeah. I think that it deserves at least a "good" (i think its wonderfulll...itd be orgasmic of vaan had a shirt and if Fran didnt, oh well)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I gave up on FF after FFX. Unless the series gets better with story and plot I will most probably never again play an FF, because that would be waste of time.
Hi, I listened to one of your songs. I didn't like it. I'm never going to listen to any of your music ever again.

Hearing from the critique of the members here the series got better again. I hope so at least.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
I got it today and it is the best final fnatasy yet! When 10 came out I thought... this game suck... then x-2 brought me to tears at it's... i don't know a word strong enough... but XII makes up for all that and more...
but it still could haved used a little kekfa...

NO.

well...i dunno. the story isnt supposed to be cataclysmic "save the world" you know.
Well pritty much your wrong because in Final Fanasy 6 was was destroiedish and then was saved and the world wasn't messed up than it was already and magic didn't exist for crazy emperior assistants[kefka] to mess with.The end

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I got it today and it is the best final fnatasy yet! When 10 came out I thought... this game suck... then x-2 brought me to tears at it's... i don't know a word strong enough... but XII makes up for all that and more...
but it still could haved used a little kekfa...

NO.

well...i dunno. the story isnt supposed to be cataclysmic "save the world" you know.
Well pritty much your wrong because in Final Fanasy 6 was was destroiedish and then was saved and the world wasn't messed up than it was already and magic didn't exist for crazy emperior assistants[kefka] to mess with.The end

shutup. I was refering to the fact that in all the other Final Fantasies one person or thing with superpowers or whatever was threatening the livlihood of the "world", or whatever, and its different in 12.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I gave up on FF after FFX. Unless the series gets better with story and plot I will most probably never again play an FF, because that would be waste of time.
Hi, I listened to one of your songs. I didn't like it. I'm never going to listen to any of your music ever again.

Hearing from the critique of the members here the series got better again. I hope so at least.

WELL IT GOT A LOT BETTER!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

WELL IT GOT A LOT BETTER!

I hope so....but really FF is getting over rated...we need a new great game....*points at my own game topic* haha jk
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
THis one is not... 7 was the most overated game ever!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
80 hours in, still going strong.  looks to be a 100hrs or so like an old baldur, me likes.
really love how long this one is... although it pales in comparison to XI (250+ 24hr days)
could beat the storyline, but we're waiting to get all the espers (yay VI reference) which are all very smart monsters

LOVE this game.  one of the best dungeon crawlers (surprisingly) ever.

~but~

I do not get the same sense of adventure i got when i was a kid & got the airship on a round world map.  even final fantasy 1 is much more exciting in this reguard.  XII showed us SO many COOL airships... AND WE DON"T GET TO FLY ANY?!? #$()%#$%^#*$^.  ;-;p    . . . i really REALLY wanted to fly in this game...  i will kill cid for this!! XD

Also, it is still just a luke-warm version of final XI.
it is intense to switch to XII that has so much loot yet no crafting, so many monsters yet no elemental affinities, so many COOL weapons & no skill system... & armor that is invisible when equipped... a step backwards.

That aside, the gambit system is genius.
I hope to see this sort of semi-automation employed in their online gaming asap.  certain things would not work of course, as in multi-player they would encourage outrageous cheating and exploits like bots, yet a few of them (like attack lowest HP mob, arise HP=0, steal HP =100%, etc.)  are brilliant and could make online gaming much smoother & more enjoyable.

Intense dungeons.  Love the mobs & Marks (NMs) that don't have 100s of people online all hunting them at once.  Love the intelligence they are gaining, though still not on par with EQ AI imho.  Crazy summons, like how they're desire based.

XII is essentially a baby step game to XI.
There is very little realism to this 6 person party thing.  A good group is rare.  I was fortunate enough online to be with the same friends from my late 30s to 75. . . but in the real world, it takes a good year or so of sifting through noobs & cheaters to find real stable & reliable players.  this is starting to be expressed in XII as a sort of step-up to online gaming.   BUT this is WAY better then X... the writing is brilliant & not so emo.  i believe the thoughts of the hero belong to the player;  i do NOT sympathiz with Tiduses emotions at all.  The cast of XII, however, is random & unpredictable, none seem to be heroes or villans, this i love.  anyway, for me at least FFXI > FFXII, but it was still a really fun play well worth teh 50 spot.

GL to you all on your adventures!

If you like XII, the real challenge is online & we would welcome you to Vana'diel <(^.~)>

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wow, nice review!  :D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
dude. Its a good review if you plan on comparing it to an MMO, which is a mistake.

Although you said it was a great game, and it is, you are speaking as if SE was trying to create a single player XI.
Instead, they incorporated MMO elements into an Epic, thusly the invisible armor (which still keeps the characters the same...although i agree its always been a flaw with FF...especially Vahn's monkey suit and Baschs' hippy vest)...And also why you're seeing the "good group" thing. I mean, it wouldnt do SE very well to make characters in the game incompentent, "l337" speaking, annoying degenerates who sit at home collecting body mass while being immersed in nothing to do with reality, would it?

so, although i think you had a good review, i think you need to re-examine your perspective a bit more.

And WTF? i dont get to fly the airships?

godamnit...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Comparing a game with an MMO doesn't work. The differences are too big. Just like you can't compare a racing game and a strategy game.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
All of the people I know that've played it, they've all liked it. They all have pretty similar views as me too (hate for X-2, basically agree the series peaked at IX).

So when it comes out in the UK, I'm gonna get a copy. Plus, soundtrack by hitoshi sakimoto <33.
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
if you guys wanna know how ffXII is

google image.
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol, I always google for game reviews before i even think about going out to buy the game, then I ask around and see if anyone will lend me their game, if not go to blockbuster, finally if its good, Ill buy it.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah. anyways, XII is a definate buy, unless youre one of those FF cuntbags who refuses to accept change.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thats me, i probally will buy it and throw it away the first da......haha jk! NO im not one of thouse people, I will buy it. (and at the same time pray for a sequal to LOD for the ps3)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
thats me, i probally will buy it and throw it away the first da......haha jk! NO im not one of thouse people, I will buy it. (and at the same time pray for a sequal to LOD for the ps3)

i actually hope square brings something from LoD to the DS. thatd be orgasmic X 50.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I herd someone got the original to actaully play on their PSP...man I wish I could do that

Rep:
Level 96
Is Gil Pronounced Gill or jill.
I say that it is pronouced gill because of the "G" but my friends keeps trying to tell me it is Jill and I say...ok then what sound does the G make? And he says jah...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You hear gil pronounced in FF7 AC, it's "Gill".

I'm actually lying, though that's how I pronounce it.
bringing sexy back

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
OK, seeing some of these reviews on the game, I can agree to some, and some not.

As stated, this was not meant to resemble, or "emulate" a multiplayer experience, S-E just took elements of MMORPG's and implemented them (quite well) into a single player experience.
They(S-E) were going for a (MUCH) more mature audience than previous installments. The style of the game has lifelike figures, emotions, and dimensions. (of course dimensions are skewed by Final Fantasy) The attention to detail is superb, and facial expression, even in non-cinematic sequences, are well done. The cinematic quality resemebles that of the PlayStation 3's graphical capability. The battle system used is fluid, and easy to get accustomed to, especially the Gambit System, which was a genius step into "programming" your players.  Players are not set on one path; rather, they can be switched to other classes, such as a "Knight" or "Mage." The chain system is a bragging right, and a skill to get the max out of your battles. "Mist's" such as Quickenings, and Summons are fluid in the least, and are a very cool way of dealing loads of damage within a short period of time. Quickenings are much like a mini-game used for a larger purpose as you try to chain the longest quickening chain, and do loads of damage...however, the time you have to chain quickening's togethor shortens the further along the chain you are.  For those EBGamer/GameStop'ers out there who may or may not have bought the collectors edition, it features a tin case, a custom inside, and a bonus disk with Art Galleries, Developer interviews, The history of Final Fantasy, and trailers from the U.S. and Japan. All of this and the Mark System, which is a way to show off your skill in hunting and/or killing hidden and/or hard monsters.

The game is a great game, and so far, I've only logged about 23.5 hours on it due to school, but the experience so far is that of an amazing one.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
In the japanese language, gil should be pronounced gill, not jill. :O

But that doesn't mean it has to be one way or the other.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
In the japanese language, gil should be pronounced gill, not jill. :O

But that doesn't mean it has to be one way or the other.

good point arlen. And anyways, with the old games it couldve been disputed. With VOICE ACTING, sqaure gets to decide. Although, I dont really agree with their pronounciation of "Ivalice"

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
You hear gil pronounced in FF7 AC, it's "Gill".

I'm actually lying, though that's how I pronounce it.

I always pronounced it "Gill" as well. "Jill" sounds utterly stupid to me. Then again, I also think "Gill" isn't really that much better.
:tinysmile: