RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy XII is Released!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I think it's rather neat.
You don't have to like it. Many people have differemt opinions on things: yours in that you strongly hate it. I, too, didn't think that I'd like it...but I did and it became addicting =D

Don't worry though....FFXIII will be returning to the turn-based battles and such.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Of course they admited it will be a "Conglomeration of all the FF games".
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
This is all I'm going to say in this thread. One of my friends on campus explained the battle system to me. Honestly I think it's the worst battle system I've ever heard of.  CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS PROGRESS! Fuck it. FF12 has a retarded battle system.
A personal opinion is usually built upon personal experience, rather than "this guy said it sucked." Try playing it, first.

Don't worry though....FFXIII will be returning to the turn-based battles and such.
If this is true, I'm rather disappointed. Especially after seeing that super-action-packed trailer a while back. Slowing/dumbing it down to turn based would kind of be a shame. =\

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Not like FFX turn-based...fast-paced turn based. it will be (hopefully) like what the battles were lik in the trailer.

Rep:
Level 96
There's a gameplay trailer? I only saw the CG intro "look how pretty we can do stuff" trailer. :tpg:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Same trailer <.< lol. I just WISH itcould be like that.  I, for one, am hoping that it does. That would be awsome.

Still....I have to beat XII first  :P

Rep:
Level 96
It would be so hard to pull it off that well, with the battles in real time, and jumping and dodging all over the place and doing crazy acrobatic moves and yeah

Like God of War.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
It was explained to me that the PCs are AI controlled during a battle and you have to set up the AI patterns before hand. That would take all the fun out of it for me. Seriously, I'd toss the game into the microwave after the firts battle. If I can't directly controll the characters, then fuck it.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
It was explained to me that the PCs are AI controlled during a battle and you have to set up the AI patterns before hand. That would take all the fun out of it for me. Seriously, I'd toss the game into the microwave after the firts battle. If I can't directly controll the characters, then fuck it.

... you can. They do what you tell them to do priority 1. You can switch leaders easily so you can play certain characters in battle manually. The reason you can set up "Gambits" (what the 'programs' are refered to) before hand, is because there's so many battles, it's not random encounts, they're physical, so if you get ambushed chances are you won't survive without a gambit set.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'd toss the game into a microwave so fast Square would cry. And not in a manly way either.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Like Tsuno said.

I've been wandering around in Leviathan now for like...an hour. Guards just keep coming and coming (since the alarm is on) and I get tons of LP. SO...the boss after that was a breeze.

Also, the Final Boss looks awsome. Much better-looking that Sephiroth. (lol. Just had to say that =P)

DO NOT watch this if you don't want to be spoiled (but it's pretty obvious, anyway..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZkqe1kNXI

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

... you can. They do what you tell them to do priority 1. You can switch leaders easily so you can play certain characters in battle manually. The reason you can set up "Gambits" (what the 'programs' are refered to) before hand, is because there's so many battles, it's not random encounts, they're physical, so if you get ambushed chances are you won't survive without a gambit set.

Exactly.

Anyways, Fu, you dont have TIME to controll the other characters. Its way to fast paced, but its alot more fun.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I can't wait for the game

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
its...already out.