RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy XII is Released!

Rep:
Level 88
I don't know if anybody knew this ( you guys probably do know) but FFXII was released in North America on October 31, 2006- last halloween, fyi. I don't know about you guys, but I want this game. It has an entirely new gameplay system. I played a demo, not the best FF as I could tell, but sweet gameplay- nearly addicting. I plan to get it for Christmas or something.
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
An ISO of it was leaked mid-september.

Haven't played it, though the soundtrack is awesome. Sakimoto <3
bringing sexy back

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
What?!  The soundtrack wasn't composed by Uematsu?!  That's like, blasphemous in the world of FF.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Still...it sounds quite good.  It has a FF:Tactics sort of feel to it, though.

Rep:
Level 88
An ISO of it was leaked mid-september.

Haven't played it, though the soundtrack is awesome. Sakimoto <3

Yes, I've heard about that. Square Enix tried to find all of them quickly and remove them before any others were downloaded. xD

I hope I can get this before Christmas, but I don't think I'll be able to, my parents said wait til' Christmas. I heard it's the best Final Fantasy, but it doesn't look like the greatest to me.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
i reckon FFXIII looks better than XII

Rep:
Level 88
i reckon FFXIII looks better than XII

Yeah. They're only thirteen percent done with FFXIII and Versus is one percent completed.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
FFXII was released in North America on October 31, 2006- last halloween, fyi.

OH NOEZ! I DON'T WANT IT! TAKE IT AWAY!
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
uhhh..why? it looks pretty fun.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
i'll be getting this as soon as I'm done with ToA
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 88
FFXII was released in North America on October 31, 2006- last halloween, fyi.

OH NOEZ! I DON'T WANT IT! TAKE IT AWAY!

Why don't you want it? It's not that bad, is it?Lol.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
What?!  The soundtrack wasn't composed by Uematsu?!  That's like, blasphemous in the world of FF.
Hitoshi Sakimoto did the FFXII ost <3 He composed the Vagrant Story OST (my favourite OST of all time, so much I even bought a copy !_!) ...

Still...it sounds quite good.  It has a FF:Tactics sort of feel to it, though.
And also tactics. Though he teamed up with somebody else (I forget who) for the tactics OST.
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I gave up on FF after FFX. Unless the series gets better with story and plot I will most probably never again play an FF, because that would be waste of time.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I gave up on FF after FFX. Unless the series gets better with story and plot I will most probably never again play an FF, because that would be waste of time.

Oh okay. I understand now. Lol.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

He stopped doing the music after 10 (thank god. Actually, it may have been 10-2. I don't really care, I don't like either of those soundtracks.), but he'll stll do random bits (like the main theme in 12, I believe). Personally, I think he's been going downhill anyway. He's starting to get more "misses" than hits.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
I don't know, I thought the music was pretty good, maybe not the best but not bad either.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
alright...so i started playing FFXII today...

personally, i think its really great. The graphics are wonderful, Vaan, although in a man-stripper outfit, isnt a whiny bitch (ala tidus), and so far the story seems pretty good. The battle system is fun, gambits work well (although i think something messed up since they havent healed me yet >.>)...and it isnt as tedious or annoying as having random battles.

well...thats just my opinion.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I got it today and it is the best final fnatasy yet! When 10 came out I thought... this game suck... then x-2 brought me to tears at it's... i don't know a word strong enough... but XII makes up for all that and more...
but it still could haved used a little kekfa...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I got it today and it is the best final fnatasy yet! When 10 came out I thought... this game suck... then x-2 brought me to tears at it's... i don't know a word strong enough... but XII makes up for all that and more...

NO.

well...i dunno. the story isnt supposed to be cataclysmic "save the world" you know.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
No?
No I didn't get the game?
No I didn't think X and X-2 sucked?
No It's not the best final fantasy?
No I didn't maker up for X and X-2?

What did you mean by "NO."
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
No Kegfuck- er...Kefka, most likely.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
No Kegfuck- er...Kefka, most likely.

exactly arrow, thankyou. Wow BOE, i expected nobody but us to get it. Hm...odd.

Rep:
Level 88
I just got it. The levels and maps are so huge so far!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yay, finally some huge levels and maps other than FFX's linear ones.  I want to get this sooo bad T.T.  I loved the demo...and the games even better!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Hi, I listened to one of your songs. I didn't like it. I'm never going to listen to any of your music ever again.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
FF 12 looks like it might be alright. If I ever get a Playstation, I may end up trying it out.

10 and 10-2 were a waste of time, in my opinion, and I never tried 11 because I'm not big on online games, but I think I may actually enjoy 12.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
FF 12 looks like it might be alright. If I ever get a Playstation, I may end up trying it out.

10 and 10-2 were a waste of time, in my opinion, and I never tried 11 because I'm not big on online games, but I think I may actually enjoy 12.

ummm...

well, heres the thing. In FFXII, my experience so far shows that you have a number of characters who can all be turned into whatever you want, ala the liscense board. The maps are amazing, the battle system actually plays out ver ywell...annnd....yeah. I think that it deserves at least a "good" (i think its wonderfulll...itd be orgasmic of vaan had a shirt and if Fran didnt, oh well)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Hi, I listened to one of your songs. I didn't like it. I'm never going to listen to any of your music ever again.

Hearing from the critique of the members here the series got better again. I hope so at least.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89

NO.

well...i dunno. the story isnt supposed to be cataclysmic "save the world" you know.
Well pritty much your wrong because in Final Fanasy 6 was was destroiedish and then was saved and the world wasn't messed up than it was already and magic didn't exist for crazy emperior assistants[kefka] to mess with.The end

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

NO.

Well pritty much your wrong because in Final Fanasy 6 was was destroiedish and then was saved and the world wasn't messed up than it was already and magic didn't exist for crazy emperior assistants[kefka] to mess with.The end

shutup. I was refering to the fact that in all the other Final Fantasies one person or thing with superpowers or whatever was threatening the livlihood of the "world", or whatever, and its different in 12.

Rep:
Level 96

Hearing from the critique of the members here the series got better again. I hope so at least.

WELL IT GOT A LOT BETTER!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

WELL IT GOT A LOT BETTER!

I hope so....but really FF is getting over rated...we need a new great game....*points at my own game topic* haha jk
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
THis one is not... 7 was the most overated game ever!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
80 hours in, still going strong.  looks to be a 100hrs or so like an old baldur, me likes.
really love how long this one is... although it pales in comparison to XI (250+ 24hr days)
could beat the storyline, but we're waiting to get all the espers (yay VI reference) which are all very smart monsters

LOVE this game.  one of the best dungeon crawlers (surprisingly) ever.

~but~

I do not get the same sense of adventure i got when i was a kid & got the airship on a round world map.  even final fantasy 1 is much more exciting in this reguard.  XII showed us SO many COOL airships... AND WE DON"T GET TO FLY ANY?!? #$()%#$%^#*$^.  ;-;p    . . . i really REALLY wanted to fly in this game...  i will kill cid for this!! XD

Also, it is still just a luke-warm version of final XI.
it is intense to switch to XII that has so much loot yet no crafting, so many monsters yet no elemental affinities, so many COOL weapons & no skill system... & armor that is invisible when equipped... a step backwards.

That aside, the gambit system is genius.
I hope to see this sort of semi-automation employed in their online gaming asap.  certain things would not work of course, as in multi-player they would encourage outrageous cheating and exploits like bots, yet a few of them (like attack lowest HP mob, arise HP=0, steal HP =100%, etc.)  are brilliant and could make online gaming much smoother & more enjoyable.

Intense dungeons.  Love the mobs & Marks (NMs) that don't have 100s of people online all hunting them at once.  Love the intelligence they are gaining, though still not on par with EQ AI imho.  Crazy summons, like how they're desire based.

XII is essentially a baby step game to XI.
There is very little realism to this 6 person party thing.  A good group is rare.  I was fortunate enough online to be with the same friends from my late 30s to 75. . . but in the real world, it takes a good year or so of sifting through noobs & cheaters to find real stable & reliable players.  this is starting to be expressed in XII as a sort of step-up to online gaming.   BUT this is WAY better then X... the writing is brilliant & not so emo.  i believe the thoughts of the hero belong to the player;  i do NOT sympathiz with Tiduses emotions at all.  The cast of XII, however, is random & unpredictable, none seem to be heroes or villans, this i love.  anyway, for me at least FFXI > FFXII, but it was still a really fun play well worth teh 50 spot.

GL to you all on your adventures!

If you like XII, the real challenge is online & we would welcome you to Vana'diel <(^.~)>

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wow, nice review!  :D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
dude. Its a good review if you plan on comparing it to an MMO, which is a mistake.

Although you said it was a great game, and it is, you are speaking as if SE was trying to create a single player XI.
Instead, they incorporated MMO elements into an Epic, thusly the invisible armor (which still keeps the characters the same...although i agree its always been a flaw with FF...especially Vahn's monkey suit and Baschs' hippy vest)...And also why you're seeing the "good group" thing. I mean, it wouldnt do SE very well to make characters in the game incompentent, "l337" speaking, annoying degenerates who sit at home collecting body mass while being immersed in nothing to do with reality, would it?

so, although i think you had a good review, i think you need to re-examine your perspective a bit more.

And WTF? i dont get to fly the airships?

godamnit...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Comparing a game with an MMO doesn't work. The differences are too big. Just like you can't compare a racing game and a strategy game.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 102
All of the people I know that've played it, they've all liked it. They all have pretty similar views as me too (hate for X-2, basically agree the series peaked at IX).

So when it comes out in the UK, I'm gonna get a copy. Plus, soundtrack by hitoshi sakimoto <33.
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
if you guys wanna know how ffXII is

google image.
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol, I always google for game reviews before i even think about going out to buy the game, then I ask around and see if anyone will lend me their game, if not go to blockbuster, finally if its good, Ill buy it.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah. anyways, XII is a definate buy, unless youre one of those FF cuntbags who refuses to accept change.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thats me, i probally will buy it and throw it away the first da......haha jk! NO im not one of thouse people, I will buy it. (and at the same time pray for a sequal to LOD for the ps3)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
thats me, i probally will buy it and throw it away the first da......haha jk! NO im not one of thouse people, I will buy it. (and at the same time pray for a sequal to LOD for the ps3)

i actually hope square brings something from LoD to the DS. thatd be orgasmic X 50.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I herd someone got the original to actaully play on their PSP...man I wish I could do that

Rep:
Level 96
Is Gil Pronounced Gill or jill.
I say that it is pronouced gill because of the "G" but my friends keeps trying to tell me it is Jill and I say...ok then what sound does the G make? And he says jah...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
You hear gil pronounced in FF7 AC, it's "Gill".

I'm actually lying, though that's how I pronounce it.
bringing sexy back

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
OK, seeing some of these reviews on the game, I can agree to some, and some not.

As stated, this was not meant to resemble, or "emulate" a multiplayer experience, S-E just took elements of MMORPG's and implemented them (quite well) into a single player experience.
They(S-E) were going for a (MUCH) more mature audience than previous installments. The style of the game has lifelike figures, emotions, and dimensions. (of course dimensions are skewed by Final Fantasy) The attention to detail is superb, and facial expression, even in non-cinematic sequences, are well done. The cinematic quality resemebles that of the PlayStation 3's graphical capability. The battle system used is fluid, and easy to get accustomed to, especially the Gambit System, which was a genius step into "programming" your players.  Players are not set on one path; rather, they can be switched to other classes, such as a "Knight" or "Mage." The chain system is a bragging right, and a skill to get the max out of your battles. "Mist's" such as Quickenings, and Summons are fluid in the least, and are a very cool way of dealing loads of damage within a short period of time. Quickenings are much like a mini-game used for a larger purpose as you try to chain the longest quickening chain, and do loads of damage...however, the time you have to chain quickening's togethor shortens the further along the chain you are.  For those EBGamer/GameStop'ers out there who may or may not have bought the collectors edition, it features a tin case, a custom inside, and a bonus disk with Art Galleries, Developer interviews, The history of Final Fantasy, and trailers from the U.S. and Japan. All of this and the Mark System, which is a way to show off your skill in hunting and/or killing hidden and/or hard monsters.

The game is a great game, and so far, I've only logged about 23.5 hours on it due to school, but the experience so far is that of an amazing one.

Rep:
Level 96
In the japanese language, gil should be pronounced gill, not jill. :O

But that doesn't mean it has to be one way or the other.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
In the japanese language, gil should be pronounced gill, not jill. :O

But that doesn't mean it has to be one way or the other.

good point arlen. And anyways, with the old games it couldve been disputed. With VOICE ACTING, sqaure gets to decide. Although, I dont really agree with their pronounciation of "Ivalice"

Rep:
Level 97

I always pronounced it "Gill" as well. "Jill" sounds utterly stupid to me. Then again, I also think "Gill" isn't really that much better.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

I always pronounced it "Gill" as well. "Jill" sounds utterly stupid to me. Then again, I also think "Gill" isn't really that much better.

i always pronounce it "gil".

I think it should be called "Kame" or something, from the Kanji of money.

Or Bells. That actually is derived from a japanese word for money, i guess. says my cousin...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I pronounce it "gill" and therefore I am cool. :nerd:
Visit our website.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
i will kill cid for this!! XD

I'm at the part right after you do the rescue mission in the airship and beat the first real judge.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but supposedly Cid is a character in this game, you might get your chance.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
wow, you mean Gheis?

the gold one?

really?

sheesh. I just sunk that entire fleet. Biatch.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Are you serious? Cid was in nearly every FF so far. I would be surprised if he wasn't in FFXII. ::)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Unfortunately he's Dr. Cid, as opposed to the Cid we all know and love. The one who's obsessed with airships. :(

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Yeah...Dr. Cid is evil or something. Obsessed with MAGICITE now.

god-fucking-damint.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
And here is the conclusion of the topic:

Don't name any of your characters Cid, the name was overused by Square-Enix already.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:16:47 AM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Right.

wait, is that the only name they recycle? wierd.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I FINALLY got this game (got it for my birthday) and I love it. Everything is wonderously beautiful so far. This includes the graphics, story, gameplay, music, everything!

I just saved in the waterway before fighting that flaming-horse thingy.

Rep:
Level 96
I want Zamullet to see the thing about Gill he was fighting me about it!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
it's still pronounced JILL (like the one who tragically fell down the hill)

Rep:
Level 97
Oh God... who cares?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Pretty sure it's a hard g sound.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I FINALLY got this game (got it for my birthday) and I love it. Everything is wonderously beautiful so far. This includes the graphics, story, gameplay, music, everything!

I just saved in the waterway before fighting that flaming-horse thingy.

ah. well, i notice alot of the game depends on how high your level is, as in, difficulty. As you will later experience, the Sandsea is a bitch if you are under level 14, but a breeze if you are level 18. it seems like a MMO, especially in town for me, but it makes it fun.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah. I'm Lv 8 now. I just got Basch in the party after delivering that sword to the captain.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Before you visit the people south of the plains, get your characters above lvl 16.

Trust me.

The monsters very soon after and the bosses require you to be lvl 25 - 30.
The guests' levels never change after you get them, you'll want a guest whose level is not 14, TRUST ME. HE DIES ALL THE FRIGGEN TIME.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I'll remember that. I'm just doing a few beginning hunts for money and such before I set out to get Panelo(?) back.

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
Please! Someone agree with me? it's jill, right? i'm not idiotic?

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Please! Someone agree with me? it's jill, right? i'm not idiotic?

Actually, by the Japanese pronuctiation it should be "Gill".

If it were pronounced "Jill", it would sound like 'zhlll' -- which sounds like a funny sound than a currency, whereas "Gill" would sound like it looks.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I pronounce it Gil. (like the 'gil' of a fish). That's what I've always called it.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
me to, and Tsuno is correct.

Oh man...when you get there, Jahal...i think, the village west of the Osmone Plains has some friggin cool inhabitants. Dont even get me started on te Vierra (think Fran) village...*drool* I think it beats the shit out of Tifa.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
The game has been pushed back a million times in Australia!

With a evolving world of graphical animation expanding rapidly all the time, what will happen to the classics? We'll remember them, RPG Phase.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah...that sucks.

and huzzah for vierras!

WOOT! Fran!  8)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
This is all I'm going to say in this thread. One of my friends on campus explained the battle system to me. Honestly I think it's the worst battle system I've ever heard of.  CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS PROGRESS! Fuck it. FF12 has a retarded battle system.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I think it's rather neat.
You don't have to like it. Many people have differemt opinions on things: yours in that you strongly hate it. I, too, didn't think that I'd like it...but I did and it became addicting =D

Don't worry though....FFXIII will be returning to the turn-based battles and such.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Of course they admited it will be a "Conglomeration of all the FF games".

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
This is all I'm going to say in this thread. One of my friends on campus explained the battle system to me. Honestly I think it's the worst battle system I've ever heard of.  CHANGE IS NOT ALWAYS PROGRESS! Fuck it. FF12 has a retarded battle system.
A personal opinion is usually built upon personal experience, rather than "this guy said it sucked." Try playing it, first.

Don't worry though....FFXIII will be returning to the turn-based battles and such.
If this is true, I'm rather disappointed. Especially after seeing that super-action-packed trailer a while back. Slowing/dumbing it down to turn based would kind of be a shame. =\

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Not like FFX turn-based...fast-paced turn based. it will be (hopefully) like what the battles were lik in the trailer.

Rep:
Level 96
There's a gameplay trailer? I only saw the CG intro "look how pretty we can do stuff" trailer. :tpg:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Same trailer <.< lol. I just WISH itcould be like that.  I, for one, am hoping that it does. That would be awsome.

Still....I have to beat XII first  :P

Rep:
Level 96
It would be so hard to pull it off that well, with the battles in real time, and jumping and dodging all over the place and doing crazy acrobatic moves and yeah

Like God of War.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
It was explained to me that the PCs are AI controlled during a battle and you have to set up the AI patterns before hand. That would take all the fun out of it for me. Seriously, I'd toss the game into the microwave after the firts battle. If I can't directly controll the characters, then fuck it.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
It was explained to me that the PCs are AI controlled during a battle and you have to set up the AI patterns before hand. That would take all the fun out of it for me. Seriously, I'd toss the game into the microwave after the firts battle. If I can't directly controll the characters, then fuck it.

... you can. They do what you tell them to do priority 1. You can switch leaders easily so you can play certain characters in battle manually. The reason you can set up "Gambits" (what the 'programs' are refered to) before hand, is because there's so many battles, it's not random encounts, they're physical, so if you get ambushed chances are you won't survive without a gambit set.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'd toss the game into a microwave so fast Square would cry. And not in a manly way either.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Like Tsuno said.

I've been wandering around in Leviathan now for like...an hour. Guards just keep coming and coming (since the alarm is on) and I get tons of LP. SO...the boss after that was a breeze.

Also, the Final Boss looks awsome. Much better-looking that Sephiroth. (lol. Just had to say that =P)

DO NOT watch this if you don't want to be spoiled (but it's pretty obvious, anyway..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZkqe1kNXI

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

... you can. They do what you tell them to do priority 1. You can switch leaders easily so you can play certain characters in battle manually. The reason you can set up "Gambits" (what the 'programs' are refered to) before hand, is because there's so many battles, it's not random encounts, they're physical, so if you get ambushed chances are you won't survive without a gambit set.

Exactly.

Anyways, Fu, you dont have TIME to controll the other characters. Its way to fast paced, but its alot more fun.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I can't wait for the game

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
its...already out.