RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
LOL SQUARE-ENIX

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Old news, but no one has mentioned it around here yet...

http://ds.ign.com/articles/732/732509p1.html

Well, now we have FF XII to look forward to. It's FF X-2 all over again.  ::)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

edit: hey, wait, that's weird. A Playstation game follow-up being on a Nintendo handheld. :O

edit: pedophile much?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah...i knew about this. it really depends how much work goes into it, what with FFIII, dragon warrior monster: joker, etc. i guess sqaure is fucking huge though.

Anyways, i think it could do well. it should have 3d graphics, at the very least.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I'd hit it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
No way I think FFII is one of the est top three games to ever come out on the ps2 with the coolest battle system founded(althought I miss the battle music) it was certainly great. I think you people are spoiled by Square anyway I mean each Final Fantasy game is a real fantasy game that should only come out every 10 years. But Square is there to make it possible for 5 years.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
If the series is called FINAL fantasy, why are there so many of them?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Square sucked pretty much and "Final Fantasy" was supposed to be the last try, therefore "Final". Well, it was a success...

FFXII on GBA reminds me of FFIX. I bet they already have FFXIV, FFXV and FFXVI in early development as it seems they want to base the series on quantity instead of quality. ::)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 04:48:15 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
Square sucked pretty much and "Final Fantasy" was supposed to be the last try, therefore "Final". Well, it was a success...
Which is bizarre, in my opinion, because I thought FF (I) was, like, the worst game I've ever played.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Consider the standards at the time.

Was FF1 the first game to allow a player to manually select the entire makeup of the team members, in class and skills?  I think so.  I could be mistaken.

I know Mega Man was the first game in which the player was allowed to select which stage they wanted to go to, and in what order.  That simple option opened the door for so many other possibilities.

Rep:
Level 96

Was FF1 the first game to allow a player to manually select the entire makeup of the team members, in class and skills?  I think so.  I could be mistaken.

I know Mega Man was the first game in which the player was allowed to select which stage they wanted to go to, and in what order.  That simple option opened the door for so many other possibilities.
I do consider the standards at the time. Super Mario Bros and Contra and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles games were sweet games. Final Fantasy? Not so much. It was a hassle to play (even just to select targets to attack, because you could lose an entire turn of attacks if the first guy kills the enemy), and music was screachingly horrible. :O

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
THIS JUST IN!!

Due to recent evidence, it would appear that Square has ALWAYS placed quantity over quality!!

No, I can't really say that, because there are instances where their games are massively ahead of what was collectively expected from a video game.  Examples: Chrono Trigger and FF6.  Perhaps even FF7, which was released after an expansive lack of interest in the role-playing genre.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member

I do consider the standards at the time. Super Mario Bros and Contra and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles games were sweet games. Final Fantasy? Not so much. It was a hassle to play (even just to select targets to attack, because you could lose an entire turn of attacks if the first guy kills the enemy), and music was screachingly horrible. :O

Agreed.

I was one of the lucky (?) people who got to play it when NES was still alive, and yet I still thought it was boring. By that point, I was't spoiled by "today's standards" because, well... that was "today's standards". I didn't even like FF 4 (2) at first, not until I got older.

No way I think FFII is one of the est top three games to ever come out on the ps2 with the coolest battle system founded(althought I miss the battle music) it was certainly great. I think you people are spoiled by Square anyway I mean each Final Fantasy game is a real fantasy game that should only come out every 10 years. But Square is there to make it possible for 5 years.

:?
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, that confused me pretty bad, too. :?

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Wat the have already decided on doing a sequal? Wat the fuck! It hasnt even been released here yet? There hasnt been a build up eitha.  It has not been mentioned in this country unless its come out of my mouth, FUCK THEM

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Isn't the DS one (Renavent wings ??) supposed to be a tactics-type of game?  Well...that's what I've heard.  I don't know why they are already advertising this though...when the real XII is not even out yet.  (Well...it is here...but I don't got it >.>)

Look to the Square's greatness I mean every Final fantasy has the most unique system ahead of it. Every FF game is like a god game here it should be respected.

I mean where else do you see a game that has 3 or 4 disc and a dynamic storyline just making you to play it to uncover the story?I bet nothing.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
The older FFs were seemingly better than the newer ones (VI and back..hough VII was good too)

.Hack has an awsome storyline, better than some FFs...you just have to pay attention to get it.

Still....FF is a reall good series of games ( for me, anyway) and I can't wait for XII, XIII and VS XIII.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Wats VS VIII? I cant wait for FFXII And XIII those games are bound to Rock my socks off! But they certainly are taking there time to come out. especially FFXII.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
After FFIX the quality of the series has dropped extremely. That is fact.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Yea they focused mainly on the graphics instead of the storyline and the characteristic. which degraded them emensly.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
VS XIII is part of the fabula noa crystalis (I think...) project.  It's an action game for those who would rather an action oriented one rather than a turn based one. VS XIII has no connection to the original XIII what-so-ever.  It takes place in an entirely different world.  The only similarities may be that they both revolve around a crystal of some sort.

I'm glad that they are returning to turn-based gameplay for XIII though...even if it is a faster version of it.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I would be happy if they just return to a to a solid storyline and character plot. IMO they can use SNES graphics, but PLEASE, SQUARE-ENIX, make it fun to play it! Make it fun anticipating the next cutscene! >:( And not like: "Oh no... Not Tidus talking again... I would smack his face if I could..."
Visit our website.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
or the laughing...

*shudder*

oh...the laughing....

anyways...i havent gotten into XII, even though i got it today. I think that the remake of III will live up to the hype, since essentially its the same gameplay but with better graphics.

They did in Final Fantasy XII even though I didn't understand the beginning because of some heavy English and i'm from the Philippines! Anyway in XII they give it less graphics and longer storylines. I played 6 hours and only 1 Esper, Belias the Gigas.

FFXII is perhaps the greatest game to be released in the PS2!! or even in all the console (except Bully maybe)

Top 5 games in the ps2 ]    Rating
1.Final Fantasy XII          -      9.8
2.Bully                             -      9.8
3.Kingdom Hearts 2        -      9.7
4.Final Fantasy X            -      9.7
5.Smackdown vs RAW06 -     9.6

as you can see from the survey three games made by Square -Enix got into the top 5!