RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Random Songs I write

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
For now, here's a very short guitar solo, about 19 seconds long.

This topic will be for me trying out what Halo mentioned in another topic.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:01:49 AM by irock »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Nice, man, I dig it.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
For now, here's a very short guitar solo, about 19 seconds long.

This topic will be for me trying out what Halo mentioned in another topic.

And what was it that I mentioned?
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
I like it... it sorta sounds like a cell phone ring because of the midi-ness

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
And what was it that I mentioned?

That you write songs all the time, just to practice.
I thought it was a good ideal.

Here's one I'm working on, no name so far.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 11:53:16 PM by Tsunokiette »

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
dude keep up the awesome work

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nice song Tsuno
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
With all the praise you're getting, I expected something a lot better than this. Your solo was okay, kinda like the Dueling Banjoes on synth. But that's all it is. I wouldn't give it a second listen, because there's barely anything there and it doesn't showcase your musical prowess very much. Your other midi, SONG01, was pretty boring too. Just too plain and simple, and it would probably annoy me if played on loop. These are okay sketches, but I wouldn't even have considered showing them in their current state if they were my songs.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I think it would be beneficial if you wrote some songs based on some common chord progressions first to get a grasp on the flow of tunes.  :) It seems a little random at the moment. I like the second one better than the first.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
The first one was just something to test if Noteworthy was working. (My Messed Up Computer is starting to *slightly* work again) But the second one is far from done, so it'll sound empty and boring.

@Reives - I like chords. Completely random statement. Bananas. I love lamp. Yeah.... It it's a good idea, it's just harder to do chords on a computer than on a piano you know?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Heheh, yep. I'm actually quite music theory illiterate myself, if you ask me what a key on piano is the chances are that I can't tell. :D  But in Finale I get to hear what's going on, so in time I established a series of chord transitions that is good for a lotta stuff, although simplistic.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what the chord's names, but a commonly used and effective one is (should be) A minor -> G major -> F major -> G major -> repeat; or at F major go down one more then go back to A minor as transition. Although might be considered 'noob' by some, it sounds good. Just make sure to cover it up with stuff.  :)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Yeah. There's nothing wrong with using generic chord progressions, as long as you vary it enough so that it doesn't sound like another song with the same progression.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Lol, what I meant is that I'm good with chords, just not on a computer.

I play (Trombone, Flute, Piano)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Zypher stole my post.

And I love chords, too.

Perhaps a little too much.

Cm7add2's give me erections.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Here is a slow one using Basic chords and Minor chords. Diminished sound better though....

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Odd switching between c minor and C Major chords... but it seems to work. ;)

It could maybe use some strings (violin, viola, cello) and, if you do it right, timpani.

Anyway, pretty cool. It's a good start for something that could turn out to make a good song. You and I seem to use the same structure for building our songs.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I just downloaded Finale Notepad 2006 and am in love with it.
It's free too lol.

I'm working on a song which is turning out beautifully, but I can only save it as .mus, how do I save it as a midi to share with others?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
Well, if all else fails you could record it through your speakers to your mic input using an audio dubbing cable...

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Well, if all else fails you could record it through your speakers to your mic input using an audio dubbing cable...

Wouldn't that create an echo effect?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
No, unless you have a play while recording option checked. Works for me all the time. ONe end ggoes into the speaker out, the other into the mic in.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I think I'll wait for something less confusing, lol, thanks for the help though.

BTW: It's comming along well, it's called "My Dreams of Yesteryear".

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
I just downloaded Finale Notepad 2006 and am in love with it.
It's free too lol.

I'm working on a song which is turning out beautifully, but I can only save it as .mus, how do I save it as a midi to share with others?

I don't have finale notepad, but you should just be able to choose MIDI, .mus, or several other types. If you can't get it, send the .mus to me, and I'll save it as a midi.

Rep:
Level 97
Here you go.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks. ^_^

How's it sound so far? (other than the fact It doesn't sound like the dynamic marking are working)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Why would you need to do that? Most computers let you record sound directly from the computer itself.