RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Random Songs I write

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
For now, here's a very short guitar solo, about 19 seconds long.

This topic will be for me trying out what Halo mentioned in another topic.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:01:49 AM by irock »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Nice, man, I dig it.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
For now, here's a very short guitar solo, about 19 seconds long.

This topic will be for me trying out what Halo mentioned in another topic.

And what was it that I mentioned?
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
I like it... it sorta sounds like a cell phone ring because of the midi-ness

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
And what was it that I mentioned?

That you write songs all the time, just to practice.
I thought it was a good ideal.

Here's one I'm working on, no name so far.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 11:53:16 PM by Tsunokiette »

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
dude keep up the awesome work

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nice song Tsuno
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
With all the praise you're getting, I expected something a lot better than this. Your solo was okay, kinda like the Dueling Banjoes on synth. But that's all it is. I wouldn't give it a second listen, because there's barely anything there and it doesn't showcase your musical prowess very much. Your other midi, SONG01, was pretty boring too. Just too plain and simple, and it would probably annoy me if played on loop. These are okay sketches, but I wouldn't even have considered showing them in their current state if they were my songs.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I think it would be beneficial if you wrote some songs based on some common chord progressions first to get a grasp on the flow of tunes.  :) It seems a little random at the moment. I like the second one better than the first.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
The first one was just something to test if Noteworthy was working. (My Messed Up Computer is starting to *slightly* work again) But the second one is far from done, so it'll sound empty and boring.

@Reives - I like chords. Completely random statement. Bananas. I love lamp. Yeah.... It it's a good idea, it's just harder to do chords on a computer than on a piano you know?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Heheh, yep. I'm actually quite music theory illiterate myself, if you ask me what a key on piano is the chances are that I can't tell. :D  But in Finale I get to hear what's going on, so in time I established a series of chord transitions that is good for a lotta stuff, although simplistic.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what the chord's names, but a commonly used and effective one is (should be) A minor -> G major -> F major -> G major -> repeat; or at F major go down one more then go back to A minor as transition. Although might be considered 'noob' by some, it sounds good. Just make sure to cover it up with stuff.  :)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Yeah. There's nothing wrong with using generic chord progressions, as long as you vary it enough so that it doesn't sound like another song with the same progression.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Lol, what I meant is that I'm good with chords, just not on a computer.

I play (Trombone, Flute, Piano)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Zypher stole my post.

And I love chords, too.

Perhaps a little too much.

Cm7add2's give me erections.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Here is a slow one using Basic chords and Minor chords. Diminished sound better though....

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Odd switching between c minor and C Major chords... but it seems to work. ;)

It could maybe use some strings (violin, viola, cello) and, if you do it right, timpani.

Anyway, pretty cool. It's a good start for something that could turn out to make a good song. You and I seem to use the same structure for building our songs.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I just downloaded Finale Notepad 2006 and am in love with it.
It's free too lol.

I'm working on a song which is turning out beautifully, but I can only save it as .mus, how do I save it as a midi to share with others?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
Well, if all else fails you could record it through your speakers to your mic input using an audio dubbing cable...

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Well, if all else fails you could record it through your speakers to your mic input using an audio dubbing cable...

Wouldn't that create an echo effect?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
No, unless you have a play while recording option checked. Works for me all the time. ONe end ggoes into the speaker out, the other into the mic in.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I think I'll wait for something less confusing, lol, thanks for the help though.

BTW: It's comming along well, it's called "My Dreams of Yesteryear".

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
I just downloaded Finale Notepad 2006 and am in love with it.
It's free too lol.

I'm working on a song which is turning out beautifully, but I can only save it as .mus, how do I save it as a midi to share with others?

I don't have finale notepad, but you should just be able to choose MIDI, .mus, or several other types. If you can't get it, send the .mus to me, and I'll save it as a midi.

Rep:
Level 97
Here you go.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks. ^_^

How's it sound so far? (other than the fact It doesn't sound like the dynamic marking are working)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Why would you need to do that? Most computers let you record sound directly from the computer itself.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
It would only allow me to do 33 measures. 0_0 Ah well, it's good enough as it is.

.mus file -

< Download >

Any comments?

EDIT : I need to start saving up money, this 33 measure thing kills me. Oh, and there's a Bass part in it I want to delete, I only added it because I though it was a vocal thing. It won't go away!!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:26:49 PM by Tsunokiette »

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
33 measures?

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Techinicly 32, it's not that noticeable, it's still 1 minute +.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Oh, you can only write songs that are 32 measures long? Why do people praise Finale so much then?

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Oh, you can only write songs that are 32 measures long? Why do people praise Finale so much then?

That's with Finale Notepad, the free version.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
It's kind of a trial version of Finale ~

But, are you sure you're trying to add measures correctly? (Measure Tool > Right Click > Insert Measures > # of Measures

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Yay, I can actually write the song how I wanted it now!

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
*update*

Here's the final version of the song. (.mus)

I got lazy near the end, I tried to write the song in "movements", and the last was supposed to be a fanfare, but, as I said, I got lazy. If anybody wants to fix the end, feel free to do so, just give me credit.

PS: The begining of one of the movements is from another song, so I can't take credit there, I forgot what it was though.

< My Dreams of Yesteryear >

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Can't play .mus ;(
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
1.) Download finale notepad, Silver. It's free to download off of Finale's website.

2.) God I hate megaupload.

FIND YOUR WAY THROUGH TONS OF LARGE DISTRACTING TEXT FIND WHERE TO ENTER THE CODE AND CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THEN WAIT 5 HOURS UNTIL THE TIMER GOES TO ZERO AND THEN CLICK HERE DOWNLOAD (AGAIN)

3.) The song was O.K. but it seemed a little random. It lacked a strong melody and sense of rhythm.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
It's supposed to have different melodies, it's called "My Dreams of Yesteryear".

It was my first try to do a multi-piece, well, piece. Even as short as they are.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
I didn't say anything about it having different and/or too many melodies. I said the melody (in general, all inclusive) wasn't strong. It wasn't memorable. It was  aimless and didn't leave much of an impression.
Just because it's multi-piece or whatever doesn't mean you can't have a strong melody or rhythm.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:34:22 PM by arlenreyb »

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Here's two things I'm working on now.

With a stronger melody since it was said I didn't use much. =P

Anywho, one is called "The Sands of Time", the other is something I started last night called "Ghostly Passage". The second isn't supposed to be scary, more supernatural.

As with everything, I apologize for any copywrite infringment or music soundly similar to or exactly the same as another person's work.

Since I just started on the second one it's going to sound very emtpy. All 15 seconds of it lol. It's just an idea I'm having. It also doesn't have any dynamics as of now.

ONCE AGAIN -- NEITHER OF THESE WORKS ARE ANYWHERE NEAR COMPLETION. The first one is close, but it's not nearly done yet.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
You guys make me sad. No replys? At all?

If you can't listen to them, just download Finale Notepad, it's free lol.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The whole point is to make listening convenient for us, not for you. Why not just mp3 them?

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
The whole point is to make listening convenient for us, not for you. Why not just mp3 them?

It won't let me.

I could always buy the program. But it's expensive. =/

Or i  could rewrite the entire thing into midi format. *would take forever*... I'll try.

EDIT: I can't. Not only does it sound horrible in midi format I had to change some instruments and the program isn't getting the notes right. (It's not playing the notes at the right pitch.) Seriously though, how is taking a few seconds to download a program that troublesome? It's only 42 MB. (Installed) I'm not saying you have to, but it's a great music program anyways, which will most likely make you want the more professional versions which allow you to save in other formats.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:55:06 AM by Tsunokiette »

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I got it to work, wootZ  :tpg: .

:=:

You requested an mp3 correct?
*Warning* the trumpet kind of comes out of nowhere, so don't have the volume blasting or anything lol.

Also, while it says Sands_of_Time2, it's the same thing, just saved as a file for songwriter.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
That's pretty neat actually

I also just realised you never come into chat :pout:

Yeah, I like how you keep the ambient stuff in the background =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks. ^_^

As for chat, I would, but last time I squiggled myself in the computer froze.
Now I just don't remember how to get on.

The synthesizer (ambient stufforz) needs to be stronger though =/. It was in the original version, it has an important part. Not only is it key to the clarinet comming in, but it's the backbone of the song. It's the only instrument (erm, musical contraption) that plays the entire time. It's like a Bari-Sax or a Tuba for a band. Without it the song sounds empty.

Once again, thanks. ^_^

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Another song I'm working on called Mesmerized. Meesa's thinking of using it's as a love theme.

I only get into about 45 seconds of the actual song. The last 24 or so are just me deciding which pitchs to do next for the french horn.

I should probably place something different than a whole note (two tied halfs [2/4 time]) for the harp, but it takes to long to convert to audio lol.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
Why would you have a whole note for the harp? It's not an instrument capable of being sustained (besides an open pluck, which makes no difference in the soundfont you're using), and a quarter note would work just as well. It actually doesn't matter though, I suppose. Although I would say it would sound better with ascending arpeggios there, maybe in Green Scale form.

Anyway, the song sounds pretty nifty. ~

The only real complaint I have is it sounds empty, but I guess that's just me. I think it'd be good to have some background woodwinds - definately an oboe, and a Bb clarinet would work well too. I can hear that fitting really well... yeah... staccato quarter and eighth notes, having the instruments splitting the chord.

LOL sorry, can't help but brainstorm when I critique. You're off to a good start IMO.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)

EDIT: The current instruments for it are -

Harp
Flute
Acustic (Guitar)
French Horn (Refered to as Horn in F)
and Drum Set.

Is there a way to alter this?

BTW: I'm wanting all of the other instruments to come in at the same place the Horn does. I just couldn't think of any possible ways. I like your instrument recommendations though.

Edit2: I'm curious as to what you meant by ascending arpeggios in Green Scale form. I assume you mean start a lot lower and go up into the original loop. I'm just clueless by what you mean of teh Green Scale of doom. *googles*
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 08:50:01 PM by Tsunokiette »

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Kind of predictable but not too bad.

Rep:
Level 97
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)

EDIT: The current instruments for it are -

Harp
Flute
Acustic (Guitar)
French Horn (Refered to as Horn in F)
and Drum Set.

Is there a way to alter this?

Not sure what you mean. Alter what, the instrumentation? If so, you have to click the staff tool, and then click on the staff menu at the top, "Add New Staves with Setup Wizard", and that's it.

Actually, after that you have to go to Window>Instrument List, and then set the new instruments appropriately.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks, that helps a lot. ^_^

Kind of predictable but not too bad.

This is the first of 3 "parts". What you hear is most of the first part, then I'm going to move into a 2nd part, then end with an altered version of the first part.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
A random ring tone I made in 20 seconds. (slight exageration)

Not worth much, felt bored.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
This post is directed at HOTS Btw.

.mus, not because I can't make it mp3 ( I did ) but the trumpet made itself way too loud for some reason in the mp3.

Is it worth working on? What do you think would make it better? Right now it's just echo's.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
It definately shows potential.

First of all, why did you choose Clarinet in E Flat? You put the song in C Major, so a Clarinet in B Flat would've been a better choice, as the player would have less sharps to play, and so it would be more comfortable.

Secondly, while Finale has a pretty decent soundfont, for some reason the volumes are a bit off, for the trumpet in particular. When I still used that soundfont, I always had to turn the trumpet down a lot. The clarinets and french horns, too. And the strings always seemed extremely quiet, so I had to turn them up a lot. Also, you have Finale setting your speaker balances for you. (i.e. Flute is towards the left, and trumpet is towards the middle. This will naturally make the trumpet louder.) So that will solve your problem there.

As for where to go next, I don't know. I can hear it going in several different directions. You're definately off to a good start though. In particular I seem to hear a flute solo, with maybe some chords played by the celli or trombone.

It might not be a bad idea to add a French Horn part as well, as it blends very well with the other families, and so you can easily use the horns as a bridge inbetween parts of a song.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Another song I'm working on and will finish.

These Cerulean Skies I Soar

I apologize for any melody that has been accidentally used. (Stuff tends to wander into my head from outside sources.)

It's in .mus for now. I will transfer to .wav when it's closer to being done. (.wav because last time I saved something as .mp3, it removed all volume and location *being speaker location* options)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!