RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pokemon 2016: SUN & MOON Versions

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I am so super surprised that this topic hadn't been created yet. D:

Ok, so we had Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire...
But what we were REALLY waiting for was the NEXT GENERATION in the series!

And we will finally have it in holiday time this year! ^^
If you haven't seen it already, here's the Teaser Trailer.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag</a>

Can you believe it?
20yrs of Pokemon?
We're getting OLD. XD

But here's a [possible] leak concerning the new Starters.
May or may not be true, but looks pretty convincing to me, and our Youtuber here seems convinced as well. If so, I may end up with a Water starter this go around.
Crazy, I know. ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq_0Qjthl_0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq_0Qjthl_0</a>

But far as much info on the new games...
You viewed the trailer, you know as much as I do, and there really wasn't much to go by on what the plot is or where the journey will take place, despite the many many MANY speculations going on out there.

All I can say is that my friends and family have already jumped at what versions they want, and I already know which I'm grabbing: Pokemon Sun. Here's hoping it is [immensely] better than X and Y, in every aspect of the word. :]

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:54:37 AM by yuyu! »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The last pokemon game I played was Black 2.
I wish I had a 3DS.

soon maybe i wont need a 3ds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgUzD9l7UhU
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm disappointed that I won't be getting pokemon Z. :(
All I can hope is that it'll be like gold/silver and have Kalos as a bonus region.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
That's one of the biggest speculations out there - that the new games will have you go back to the Kalos region as End-Game content, just as Gold/Silver did. And because they released Red/Blue/Yellow versions for the 3DS now, it's likely to have the newest Sun/Moon kinda copy Gold/Silver's trend.

At least that's what they're saying.

And Nintendo is very aware of their anniversaries, so I believe they will make every effort to make a great game and go maybe some extra miles to celebrate it with us. Something I've noticed about them.

Plus Sun/Moon is just a new opportunity to bring back classic fav ideas or present new ones entirely.
Here's hoping we'll see some great stuff - maybe even a Zygarde storyline to fill in the holes. :3

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Heres to hoping they give me back my CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION and OUTFITS :mad:

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Starters Confirmed Fake.
Here's hoping they will be better than imagined. (And definitely no more Fighting-types mixed in... Ugh...)

http://gearnuke.com/pokemon-moon-sun-magazine-scan-leaks-starter-pokemon-confirmed-fake/#

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Besides the starters always being excited...
Everyone gets hyped about the box Legendaries, am I right?

This video was made with some leaked info that I think many Pokefans would be interested in.
It may or may not lead to anything concrete, but it's worth a look! :3

https://youtu.be/8xatnQDO8aE

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
At last, finally something a little more concrete.
Not spot-on accuracy for the art, but the CONCEPTS behind the starters for Sun and Moon are looking pretty certain!

Check it out!

http://www.thebitbag.com/pokemon-sun-moon-new-starter-pokemon-artwork-leaked/149835

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
eh, I dunno if I would call that concrete. The images are still just artist interpretations of some vague keywords.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
eh, I dunno if I would call that concrete. The images are still just artist interpretations of some vague keywords.

Well, appears that it was pretty concrete.
We have our official starters at last!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/05/10/starter-pokemon-for-pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon-revealed

Rowlett - Grass Owl
Litten - Fire Cat
Popplio - Water Seal

And the link above has our first official glance at Solgaleo and Lunaala!
Check it out!

(I reeeeeally wanna see the last evolutions of our starters. All depending on that, because I love both Rowlett and Litten!)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
fire starter 10/10

I'm usually a water starter kind of gal, but the kitty won me over ;-;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Grass bird for the win.

Rowlett master class.

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Is Rowlet the only one with two types? I think they all should have two types ;(

would pick:

Rowlet = grass / flying
Litten = fire/dark
Popplio = water/ice

IMO
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
With every generation I get less excited because I'm reminded that there's almost no chance of a console pokemon game.
I want a dang freaking stupid pokemon game on the stupid butt wiiU dangit.

I enjoyed Colosseum and XD. I want another, but for the wiiU. ;9
and i dont mean none of that stupid pokemon stadium junk a real game u nintedum idiot stupid comapny hate you
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hay I liek handheld :< I'm always travelling between Malson's house, college, and my own house. Good 3ds games are grate

though more console pokemon games would be cool

I guess there's pokken tournament

meh
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
pokemon snap u
does nintendo not understand the money they would make
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I think maybe they should do both. I enjoy the handheld Pokemon games we've come to love for the past 20yrs, but I think making console Pokemon games would be epic as well ESPECIALLY if they went RPG with it further. That would be amazing, imo. And thus satisfying both kinds of audiences for wanting console and handheld games.

Of course, naturally, the handheld should be primary still and release the next generations of Pokemon, but the console games could take current released mons and make awesome stories and graphics out of them that the handheld isn't quite capable of and/or Nintendo hasn't ventured massively into.
I mean, that would help Nintendo in one way - the console games could be like their testing grounds to see how well new ideas are taken by said audience, yanno, explore a little even out of their comfort zone without "ruining the main franchise".

I dunno. I like that idea.

And I'm definitely looking forward to Sun/Moon. :D

Rep:
Level 96
I would buy it in a second if they just put the game on Wiiu
it wouldn't even need to be a game built for the wiiu
just take sun and moon, put the top screen on the tv and the bottom on the gamepad

why won't they just do this?
I want to play a new pokemon game ;_;
The lastest I'm able to play is black/white 2
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
True. That would be cool putting just the game onto the Wii U for big screen.

They could totally do it - I remember that the SNES came out with a cartridge that let me put my Pokemon Red into it to play on the big screen, and actually so did the N64 with Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 with the controller pak for my Pokemon Gold.

So it's possible. They just haven't done it in years, and I'm not sure exactly why... O.o

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I liked the fanstarters better .-.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Yup, June 2nd's updated info was on the official naming release of our box legendaries - which were indeed Solgaleo and Lunala - and their typings, abilities, and their new moves that will be introduced.

Also, this update gave a bit more info on the Alola region and on some characters inhabiting it that we will be encountering.

Spoiler for:
One important thing to note on the Professor Kukui is that he says Alola is "chock full of nothin' but rare Pokemon", which only leads me to assume that there is going to be a bigger group of newly seen Pokemon for this generation. Exciting! ^^

This Alola region also looks to be pretty big in comparison to a lot of the other regions we've seen so far, almost like combining the initial landscapes you explore to the post-game landscapes. So here's hoping that we get this great big area to start with and later on have either another post-game place to explore (maybe Kalos?) or just have plenty of little secret spots to find.

Spoiler for:
Another thing was mentioned about the Pokedex being possessed by a Rotom. Looks like Rotom will be a guide of sorts on your adventure, but I reeeeeeally hope that this feature is where we can turn it on or off. For children, this seems like a good idea, you know? But for the more veteran players it would be nice to turn that off just to give us our own exploring pace and not make things super easy.

Anyway, here's the website for all this info!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/02/pokemon-sun-and-moon-new-legendaries-characters-named-and-detailed