RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
So, this removal of a Confederate flag bullshit.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I don't really get why it's still a thing. I know that some people see it as a sign of "southern pride", but I think there's been more bad done under it than good.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
but that's not why it's bullshit

remember when germany banned displaying the swastika and it undid holocaust
that, oh wait
the holocaust still happened

sweeping the past under the rug is never good
this is all stupid, and dum

games that have the confederate flag are being removed
what next, they start burning text books because they have confederate flags in them?
burning copies of books that talk about the confederate flag?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
It's like my Facebook newfeed in here.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
its like your butt
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
All these controversies lately... Why Americans gotta be split over something at all times? :mad:

People tend to have very different interpretations of what that flag means, and therein lies the problem. A lot of people see it as a symbol of "slavery", but that's not necessarily the case. The Civil War was about many issues, slavery being more about taking a jab at the economy of the South, and less about a wide group of people suddenly developing a sense of humanity. In general, not even the North cared about adequately representing the slaves at this time. Morals were on an entirely different level back then, whether that's in the North or South. Everybody sucked.

People gotta learn from the past, change with the times, and worry about more important things than moving a sheet of cloth. I say this as someone that loves History - it's a fascinating subject, but there's a good reason why the past is the past. :anski2:

tl;dr
I'm with boe on this one. I really don't see the point in removing (or even keeping) the flag. We're wasting too much energy on this issue.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
yuyu y u no irc ;o;

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
yuyu y u no irc ;o;

Good question. o.o For the first time in weeks, I actually have a free day.

IRC time. B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Okay, yeah. I just read that Apple's removing American Civil War games from their app store. This is getting way out of hand. Apple already has a narrow-minded view of what games should be allowed to be: "If you want to criticize a religion, write a book. If you want to describe sex, write a book or a song, or create a medical app" so I'm not totally surprised.

Amazon also apparently removed a Civil war boardgame as well.

These companies have no sense of context and their actions are regressive and destructive of history.

People need to stop being babies.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato

trigger warning

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
more like friendly black fellow warning.

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle

that, oh wait

Your argument is like saying that Germany should still fly the Swastika nationalflagge from government buildings even though it's no longer the national flag of Germany and has nothing to do with the current German administration, simply because it's part of the history of that nation. We have a place for historical relics like flags and banners; they're called museums. That's where the Confederate flag belongs because it doesn't represent anything that the modern United States is supposed to represent.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:59:15 AM by Griever »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
the problem is there's basically two groups who use the confederate flag, those who use it as a symbol of rebellious spirit and those who use it as a KKK Flag.

while I totally agree that none of our government buildings should be flying the confederate flag, I don't think it should be made illegal entirely for private parties to do whatever they please with it. the act of displaying a flag isn't hate speech unless you follow it up with hate speech.

Rep:
Level 84
Just for clarification, I was only referring to Government buildings. I have little problem with individuals flying flags from their houses or whatever. Of course, when it comes to people doing it from their houses, this type of logic comes into play:

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 96

that, oh wait

Your argument is like saying that Germany should still fly the Swastika nationalflagge from government buildings even though it's no longer the national flag of Germany and has nothing to do with the current German administration, simply because it's part of the history of that nation. We have a place for historical relics like flags and banners; they're called museums. That's where the Confederate flag belongs because it doesn't represent anything that the modern United States is supposed to represent.

Except that ain't my augment.
It's illegal to show the swastika in like anything.
You want to have one in your movie because it's set in WW2? NOPE, illegal.
Want to show it in a video game? STOP CRIMINAL SCUM!

that's not where we're at, but that's why we have to stop it
before it gets to this level of bullshit
and every copy of dukes of hazards starts getting burnt in huge piles because it "propagates racism"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Oh, so you're making the slippery-slope argument. Okay. I think that's kinda silly; preventing the flag from being flown from buildings that are supposed to represent the US Government is not the same as banning it being shown entirely.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Having grown up in the south, I've grown quite accustomed to seeing the Confederate flag (really the Virginia battle flag, but for simplicity's sake we'll keep calling it that). I never associated it with anything inherently wrong; to me it was just an old symbol that people liked to keep around because of heritage.

I don't think it has a place on government buildings. That's a given; there is no Confederate States of America anymore, so there's no reason to fly it. Having said that, I really don't like the idea of it being expunged. I understand that there's some negativity behind it, but it's still a part of history. To quote my dad, "the Civil War happened. Deal with it."

Honestly, I'm more annoyed by the knee-jerk reactions of some of these retailers.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, so you're making the slippery-slope argument. Okay. I think that's kinda silly; preventing the flag from being flown from buildings that are supposed to represent the US Government is not the same as banning it being shown entirely.

yea sure whatever slippery cocks argument
hide your head in the sand
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hmm. Well, whatever one's opinion, they're entitled to it. It would be nice if everyone could accept that we all have different ideas of what "right" is, buuuuut it would be better if we could keep inflammatory things out of the public eye. Since THAT isn't going to happen anytime soon, what say we accept others' freedom to be douchebags and stay away from them and their ideologies?

If your reaction is to say "hey, that's tacky and disrespectful" as opposed to "hey, someone call the police because I am in fear for my life and liberty" its probably okay, at least under the law... Decorum and decency notwithstanding.
:tinysmile: