RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FF7 Remake!

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg</a>

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
I've said elsewhere that I don't really see the point in this. If all they do is release the same game with better graphics then so what? Gameplay > Graphics and I don't need to play the same game again just to see it look better. If they do change the gameplay a lot, as it is rumoured they might, then I fear they'll just end up ruining it.

Really not hype. More worried.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I've said elsewhere that I don't really see the point in this. If all they do is release the same game with better graphics then so what? Gameplay > Graphics and I don't need to play the same game again just to see it look better.

So you didn't like this?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I've said elsewhere that I don't really see the point in this. If all they do is release the same game with better graphics then so what?

That is the point.
To see this world again, these characters again. They can actually make the game look as they had wanted it.
We'll actually see the world as it was meant to be, and not some low resolution background with 3d squares bumping into each other.
The characters will most likely be voiced, which will be cool.

This isn't even my favorite Final Fantasy and I'm hyped.
(I think 9 is better. I doubt we'll ever see a 9 remake, but I won't give up all hope.)

Remade FF games
1, 2, 3, 4, 6*, 7, 10**

*mobile phone 'remake' ew
**not a full remake, just an upres
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72

Remade FF games
1, 2, 3, 4, 6*, 7, 10**

*mobile phone 'remake' ew
**not a full remake, just an upres

I know 6 was just a mobile remake, but it's on MY mobile, so it's kind of awesome.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
A final fantasy loved by so many, and they shoved it on phones? ;9
Most people would say FF6, FF7 or FF9 are their favorite.
(Then there are people whose favorite is FF4 or FF8.)
Now I'm curious.

First: FF4
Fave: FF9
Hate: FF13

Code: [Select]
[b]First:[/b]
[b]Fave:[/b]
[b]Hate:[/b]
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
First: FF6
Fave: FF9/FF6/FF4 (too many...)
Hate: FF2

Make. FF2. Stop.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I know it's too soon to really get a good idea of what it looks like, but the stark greyness really bothers me. Midgar was dark and gritty, sure, but there was still a lot of color and personality. I'm worried they're going to cut out everything charming about the game in order to make it more serious and edgy.

also
First: X
Fave: X (I can't help it, it just stuck with me)
Hate: XIII
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:23:04 PM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 96
well the ashly greyness bothers me >:(
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
i'm curious how well it's going to be done. Hopefully it isn't a more linear take like the previous handful of FF games, VII was a big world for what it was. Most people will likely be more concerned with capturing the spirit rather than just playing through the game again in remade HD.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
10 and 13 are the worst. 6 and 9 are the best. Deal with it.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
how bout you don't mention 10 and 13 in the same breath and then i wont bunch your butt
10 was awesome

i swear on me mum i'll bunch you right in your butt
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
10 had the best battle system but the story was terrible and so were all of the characters except Auron. Tidus just makes it unbearable though, the vacuous dipshit that he is.

Rep:
Level 97
Also I dare you to bunch my butt.

DARE YOU 8|

Rep:
Level 96
i'll bunch any butt i want
and the story was great
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
wow next you'll probably tell me Eye of the Tiger IV had a great story too huh

Rep:
Level 96
what was the story then eh
huh
do you even know
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The environments of X were hands down some of the most creative of any RPG I've ever played. Tidus was pretty lame, yeah. Everyone else though? I thought Yuna had a lot of great character development, and Wakka was pretty likeable. Lulu was just sorta there, but she had some nice moments.

also dat macalania scene tho ;-;

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
All I can say is, finally.

People really wanted it.
I've said elsewhere that I don't really see the point in this. If all they do is release the same game with better graphics then so what? Gameplay > Graphics and I don't need to play the same game again just to see it look better. If they do change the gameplay a lot, as it is rumoured they might, then I fear they'll just end up ruining it.

Really not hype. More worried.
You see it pointless, but the majority thinks otherwise, sadly. If the remake is 'butchered', one can always play the old ps1 version.

All we got was a graphic demo to build hype, nothing more can be said at the moment ti'll we get actual gameplay trailers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we're doing this;
First: Final Fantasy 9
Favorite:Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Hate: 13 trilog,y Never played it and I refuse to even give it a chance
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:42:23 AM by Karo Rushe »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
First: FF8
Fave: FF8
Hate: FF8

i had a fucked up childhood
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
I've said elsewhere that I don't really see the point in this. If all they do is release the same game with better graphics then so what? Gameplay > Graphics and I don't need to play the same game again just to see it look better.

So you didn't like this?

Dear god no. Did anyone think that looked good? I don't even think the developer's mothers would've thought that looked good.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72

So you didn't like this?

Dear god no. Did anyone think that looked good? I don't even think the developer's mothers would've thought that looked good.

Well then we differ in many ways sir.

I'm excited for the remake and hope it's awesome. I may just even save and actually get a console to play it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

I like the one where I can tell what the characters actually look like.

Rep:
Level 84
Is it just me, or does the new Cecil look like he's wearing armour on top with skinny jeans on bottom..?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
That's just the way amano's art was for him.