RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Greetings!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
Hey ho all from a newbie,

I have been working on a project in rm2k since 2000, and it is nearly 100% complete!!

A little about myself... Well, I grew up on an Atari 2600 playing Kangaroo, Asteroids and Pitfall. To this day Final Fantasy 6 (Japan) is the best role playing story ever told, and the game I started back in 2000 is almost a true reflection of my own story of growing up and the realization of how the world actually works, and not what you are told from childhood.

Title is-
GALER: Plague of Heroes

The style of this game plays like a traditional Final Fantasy, however I added a survival horror aspect to this one, hopefully creating a very unique and memorable game experience!! I took an actually Dungeons and Dragons campaign, that I DM'ed, back from 1995-1998, that my PC's and I never got to finish. The beginning of my game takes place from the hopeful ending that my PC's would have possibly played through if they had survived. This is the premise. 

A story book kind of narration follows: And word is spreading that some kind of epidemic has spread across the country side, and the king had sent two scouts out to a neighboring city to investigate. There is a cinematic cut scene, where it shows a city of the dead devouring whatever is left of the citizens inside, starting with the two scouts.

The game begins as you play a captain of the guards in following up with the missing scouts. A meeting is drawn up, and a plan is started to build a physical barricade outside the city limits, in the hopes that people being infected can not spread the disease to your home town.

As the story unfolds, a wise soul awakens the minds of both the good and evil hearted individuals left on the planet, and urges them to join together in the promises that he can provide answers to the apocalypse. As you jump from character to character, each with a very detailed background and likable in their own right, you begin making your way to this one last kingdom still standing. For hope. Once there, and they are confronted with the truth about what is actually happening to the world, each character then has to deal with their own religious beliefs, or character imperfections, in order to cope with surviving. The characters, like I mentioned, are both good and evil, and come at odds with each other a lot through the story. Tons of character subplots, depending on which characters you keep in your party, and which you leave behind to defend all that you have.

Will not go into any more detail as of now, but please know that screenshots and demo videos are coming shortly!

"All that we have is each other, and them..."

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
welcome to rmrk!

15 years is a long time to work on a game. you're persistent!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Yeah whoa dude...15 years? o_o

That's awesome! ;_;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Good job.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
Killed a man once.
I wept a single tear, for I came to realize I could never kill that man again.

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
Killed a man, eh ZaMullet... Funtimes must have ensued.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!
"All that we have is each other, and them..."

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Welcome Welcome!

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Yeah whoa dude...15 years? o_o

That's awesome! ;_;

My exact reaction! D:
Wow. ^^

Welcome to RMRK. I think you found your home! :3