RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Heretic's Vehicles XP
Authors: Heretic
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Movement System
Key Term: Custom Movement System

Introduction

This script allows you to use full XP RTP Style Vehicles in your game!  You have FULL CONTROL over where these Vehicles can move, their Size, Embark and Disembark, everything!  This script also contains two cubic craptons of features specifically designed for Vehicle Animations, such as Float, Sprite Offsets, Sprite Clipping, etc.

It is strongly recommended to fully examine the detailed Demo for more information.

(Recommended for Advanced Users ONLY!!!)

Features

• RPG Maker XP Style Vehicles
  • Boat and Magic Carpet
  • Vehicle related Effects
  • Vehicles can be Oversized so they collide from several tiles away
  • Who am I kidding?  Just grab the Demo already!

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Demo

http://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/MP/HereticsVehicles.exe

This version of the Demo does not contain any Eventing to allow a Caterpillar to board a Vehicle, but the version contained within Heretic's Collection 2.0 does contain Eventing for Caterpillars.

Script

Available in the Demo.

Instructions

Place below Modular Passable (Required)
Place below Collision Optimizer (Optional)
Place below Loop Maps (Optional)
Place below Heretic's Caterpillar 2.0+ (Optional)

Required: Heretic's Restrict Tile Passages 1.0+

Recommended: Restrict Bush Passages 1.0+ (For Bush Effects simulating Water)

Compatibility

Not compatible with Titanic or the SS Minnow.  May capsize in heavy weather....

This script is fully compatible with all other Modular Passable scripts written by Heretic.

Credits and Thanks

• I'd like to thank Primus for Sailing the Seas of Cheese!

Author's Notes

This script requires Modular Passable and Restrict Tile Passages.

Restrict Tile Passages is the core of Vehicle Movement on normally Impassable Terrain such as water.

This script is strongly recommended for Advanced Users Only.

---

I'd love to have some Feedback on this script, or at least the Demo for it!  So what do you think?  Is this a good Vehicle System?  How does it stack up against other Vehicle Scripts out there for RPG Maker XP?  I tried a couple of other types of vehicles and was very disappointed.  Do you think this one does it better?  What could be improved?

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Oh wow. This is super cool. :D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Damn this is pretty cool :D Thanks for making it!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Im glad you guys like it, even though I havent had very much feedback on most of the new scripts that I released.

Anywho, minor update to the Demo.
- Added a new map as a Template for allowing Boats to be parked on specific Shore Tiles
- Added new Movement Command: jump_forward (much easier than Eventing)
- Cloud Altitude Script (included) has a minor visual bugfix
- Magic Compass has a minor visual bugfix

I know there are a couple XP Vehicle Scripts out there.  The only one I am familiar with is by Albertfish, and I believe this one is just way way better.  That is my opinion, but in comparison to other XP Vehicle Scripts, how do you all think this compares?

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!