RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Twelve Days of Resources 2014

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Original post by Zylos

Ah, the winter season is coming upon us. It's the time of year filled with good spirit, singing carolers, and lawsuits over saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". But you know what? Screw legal restrictions, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! And as a little Christmas gift for this RPG Maker community, I'm going to give you a wonderful present this year: the greatest RPG Maker resource ever. Unfortunately, I don't actually have any resources at all to give you, let alone the greatest one ever. But that's where you come in!

We're going to hold a contest this Christmas season called The Twelve Days of Resources. For two weeks straight, we're going to have everyone and anyone work like Santa's elves to create some new RPG Maker resources before December 21st. Everyone of every skill level is invited to participate, no sign-ups or anything required, and you're allowed to submit up to a maximum of 25 resources for the contest. Once time's up, Santa's secret helpers will gather up and organize the submissions for TWELVE CONSECUTIVE DAYS of voting for your favorite resources. On the twelfth day, we'll gather up all the first and second place winners from the previous days and have them face off one last time to determine the greatest RPG Maker resource!

OFFICIAL RULES:
  • Submissions will be allowed up until 11:59:59 PM on December 20th in your respective timezone. You've got until then to build and post your resources, so you'd better hurry~
  • You are allowed to create any type of resource you wish, as long as it is usable in some version of RPG Maker. Examples include but are not limited to: sprites, icon, tilesets, battler graphics, facesets, animations, backgrounds/parallaxes, music, sound effects, even scripts. Just as long as it is a usable resource, meaning that half-done sprites or photographs of your prom will be tossed out.
  • If you decide create a script, please save it in a readable .txt format for downloading convenience.
  • You may submit up to 25 resources of any type and at any time, meaning that you could post two sprites today and four icons tomorrow if you wanted to. You may not submit more than 25 at most though. It'd look kinda silly anyway if there was a voting poll with nothing but your name on it.
  • It must be a new resource rather than something already made. Something that was finished even before the start of the contest will obviously be disqualified.
  • Editing existing resources is technically allowed, but it must be enough of a change to be accepted as a new piece and it must comply with any conditions set by the original creator (such as providing credit, non-commercial, and so forth). Santa's secret helpers will be reviewing each piece to determine whether it's original enough to be allowed or if it should be disqualified.
  • You may post resources for other people instead of yourself, if you have their permission and they don't have an RMRK account of their own. The resource must still be a new one though rather than something old from their gallery.
  • For our ease in separating the resources, please submit each resource as an individual file as opposed to one lump sum of an image. Facesets or tilesets are an obvious exception as they're meant to be bundled.

DEADLINE: Sunday December 21st, 2014

To submit a piece, simply bump this thread with your submission attached to your post, along with the piece's name, the creator's name if you're posting for a friend, and any additional info you wish to include in the post itself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask right here too. :3

Total Submitted: 5

Current Participants:

I hope to see a lot of people join in to show off their talent, and wish everyone an early Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:27:08 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Cool! :D I might try to make something for this!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I may actually participate and make some music for this.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
:O
a wild namkcor appeared

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I may partake. I need something to practice on anyways. Might be a bit unconventional in size and style though.

Just gave this a run over coffee, proof of concept for a painterly 64px isometric set:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:13:00 PM by joy »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Oh dang, that's awesome! :tpg:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
i want that hows it coming along is it very far along or is it in planning how are you doing
where did my punctuation go
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I was just thinking the other day we should do this again this year. I'd be happy to participate.

I'll start after I eat my (very late) lunch. Maybe this time I'll spend more than 15 minutes on writing lol
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
tswitch returns ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I have an idea for something that I could add in ;o will work on it now~
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Got a little something for the pile...a tileA5 replacement/add-on!

If you're like me, chances are you're too lazy (or lack the time) to parallax your maps. But using the autotiles can be too bland, especially when it comes to nature. In order to attempt to remedy this, I created a "half-parallaxed" tileset add-on. It gives the ground a bit more of a "parallaxed" feel, adding detail and clutter without all the extra work and images. I did have to remove some of TileA5's normal stuff to make room, but that won't be a problem if you're using VXA. ;o

Tile A5 replacement:

The changed tiles by themselves:

Sample map:

*The green stuff on the mountain will be coming soon, as part of TileB. ;o I'll also make more grass/flower clusters.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And now... TileB ;] Replaced the winter stuff with more grass/flower patches, two recolors of trees, and grassy moss stuff to put on mountains (or whatever, really). The plants have traces of tall grass behind them, to help them blend in and look more natural. I figured they might look good when placed above dirt/desert terrains, so they aren't just unnaturally popping out of the sand.

Slightly improved sample map:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I was going to do a battle theme, but I ended up gong with a dungeon theme instead. Those are more fun to write, anyway. Hope everybody enjoys it.

Here's a link to an ogg version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/355574/Lost%20in%20the%20Ice%20Cave.ogg
:tinysmile:

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Did some tweaks to the base barrel and added a few alts!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Would anyone object to entries of mine also being on my bandcamp page?
They're being made during the duration of this competition, ofc.

Edit:

As in, I'm still making this during the competition, it was not started beforehand, it will still be available for anyone to use in their work ( all of my music is, really ) I'd just like to put it on my bandcamp page.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:56:51 AM by tSwitch »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I don't have any problems with it. This is more of a fun resource drive than a true competition anyway.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I don't have any problems with it. This is more of a fun resource drive than a true competition anyway.

Ok, cool.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I started working on something for this the other day, but I'm not sure if I'll finish it yet o:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
What's the best format for sound effects? Haven't used RPG Maker in years and forgot.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
vxa uses .ogg ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I really like the look of the background from RPG maker 95, so I resized them for use in RPG maker VX ace.
http://imgur.com/a/hqWJf#0
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Fantasy Ambient theme for a Title or zone BGM or something.

Download is on my Bandcamp ( :ccbyncsa: / PWYW )
You can select .ogg format when downloading.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So, uh... Dr. Mc just completed a faceset generator. o_o She's been working on it since day one of this contest and this thing is pretty damn amazing. ;____; She'll be posting it soon, but in the meantime...here's a couple samples that I made with it. ;]

*Note: only the female version is complete so far. ;9

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Alright heres my contribution, the Ruby Face Gen: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=49717.0

I should have the Photoshop version up tomorrow :]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Wow, that looks amazing Dr. Mc. I can't wait to try it out.