RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Being Outdoors

Rep:
Level 35
Bringing Science Fiction to RMXP, Hardcore!
Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever been on a great camping trip? Have you ever worked for a conservation crew, been a member of a scout group, or assisted government agencies like the forest service? Post here. Pictures if you have em!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
You're on an RPG Maker forum, nobody here goes outside.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I went to California! this year (yes, T H A T  California!!!)

I hiked up MOUNT WOODSON and camped at A PLACE

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:23:00 PM by irock »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Dr. Sword and I once had fun in a canyon together
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
And you still owe me pictures of that :mad:  there are pictures of my summer trip around here somewhere. Our family loves camping. Beautiful pictures.

Spoiler for:
yes, I realize you guys are going to twist that first comment and run with it. Sophist you know what I mean :mad:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I haven't been out of the house in like five years.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
why the fuck did you bring what appear to be bolt cutters into a national park?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
i go outside multiple times a day to smoke
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
i go outside multiple times a day to smoke
You've seen the slick cigarette ads in magazines and on billboards. They show beautiful people participating in all kinds of fun activities while they smoke. The message seems to be, "If you smoke cigarettes, you can be as cool as we are."

Cigarette manufacturers have to tell lies like this in order to get people to buy their products. People surely wouldn't buy cigarettes if the ads told the truth about smoking. The truth is...

- Smoking is unattractive. Smoking stains your fingers and teeth and creates wrinkles on your face. Smoking also stinks, literally! It leaves a stale smell on your breath, hair, and clothes. If you've ever spent time in a car or a restaurant where people are smoking, you know that the smell sticks with you long after you leave.

- Smoking is bad for your health. The chemicals in cigarette smoke make you cough and they make it hard for you to participate in athletic activities. In the long run, smoking can actually kill you. It's a leading cause of heart disease, cancer and lung problems.

- Smoking harms others. Think of how you feel when you're around a person who smokes. Your eyes, nose, and throat burn, your heart beats faster, and you get a headache. Secondhand smoke not only makes non-smokers uncomfortable, it also kills over 50,000 of them each year. It is especially harmful to pregnant women and newborn or unborn babies.

- Smoking is expensive. People who smoke a pack a day spend over $1500 a year on cigarettes. Think of how many CDs you could buy with that kind of money! If you smoke, you also have to worry about replacing the clothes and furniture that you burn with your cigarettes.

Sometimes people try to influence the way you behave or think. If you are being pressured into doing something, think before you act. Think about the things that are important to you (your values), and then decide if the behavior that you're being pressured into fits with those values.

Do you value your appearance, your health, being able to play sports, having extra money to spend, and not hurting others? If so, smoking doesn't fit with your values. Choose to remain smoke-free.

Once you've made your decision, let others know. If somebody offers you a cigarette, look the person in the eyes, and in a firm, clear voice, simply say, "No thanks. I'm not interested."

The best thing you can do for yourself is to quit. But the longer you continue to smoke, the harder it is to stop. That's because nicotine, a chemical in cigarettes, is addictive. Your body starts to crave cigarettes and feels sick without them.

If you try to quit and don't succeed, try again. Many smokers have to try more than once, and try more than one method before they are able to quit for good. It's hard work, but you can do it! Ask your friends and family for their support, and be sure to ask your doctor for support and medical advice.

Rep:
Level 35

Because, I was working for the Bureau of Land Management on a trail reconstruction crew in southern Arizona. The cutters were used to repair barbed fences along the borders of Arizona, Mexico, and the Tohono O'odham Nation. We also covered up roads atvs had been using for trafficking. We worked pretty closely with the border patrol, etc.

I earned a $1400 college scholarship for doing this.
http://sccorps.org/

Rep:
Level 35
Thank you so much for sharing that, irock. Those are dope photos!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I went to Virginia last year to visit my opa, and he took us around to some pretty awesome historical sites! Nerdiness -> activate.

Spoiler for A street ok:
Everything in my area is newly built, so we don't have any charming old buildings like this (not many, at least). ;_;

Spoiler for Mountains:
We don't have many mountains where I live, either. The view was amazing! I could do without the weirdly thin air and bugs, though. And the massive headache I got from being on a high altitude for possibly the first time in my life (except when on a plane).

Spoiler for Thomas Jefferson's House!:
We weren't allowed to take any pictures indoors for legal reasons or something, but the house was amazing!

Spoiler for The Natural Bridge:
I didn't even know this was a thing, but apparently George Washington carved his initials in it. We managed to find it - someone had outlined it in bright yellow for the tourists to see. Pretty neat. B) There was also a painting of it in one of  the houses we visited, though I can't remember which. It was either Thomas Jefferson's or Monroe (or Madison, I can't remember which).

Spoiler for Mountain View of Liberty University:
My aunt works at Liberty University (which is pretty much more of a small town than a college), so she took us up some cool mountain path and we got a neat view of the campus!

We also visited a ton of other old houses and historical sites, including Appomattox courthouse. :]
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Because, I was working for the Bureau of Land Management on a trail reconstruction crew in southern Arizona. The cutters were used to repair barbed fences along the borders of Arizona, Mexico, and the Tohono O'odham Nation. We also covered up roads atvs had been using for trafficking. We worked pretty closely with the border patrol, etc.

I earned a $1400 college scholarship for doing this.
http://sccorps.org/
neat

Rep:
Level 35
Wow... I didnt know the natural bridge existed either, it's so gorgeous!

Great pictures thank you all so much for sharing.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
yuyu that is mega radical, american history is the best history
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I definitely recommend Virginia (Lynchburg?) as a vacation spot for any History nerds! :-)

There's nothing like walking into a house preserved (as best as possible) from the 1700s. Old houses have a really weird, old wood smell that almost makes you feel like you might catch asbestos or something. It was neat. B) Jokes aside, I really loved the interior designs they had going on back then. I wouldn't ever cover my house with a different tacky color (or wallpaper) in every room, but it was interesting to see how different things were back then.

Spoiler for some pictures I took of the interiors:
Awful quality. Sorry. :(

Spoiler for Appomattox Courthouse:

Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 35
yuyu, your additions to this post are fantastic!
i admire your historical appreciation.