RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zimmerman declared Not Guilty

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Just happened a few hours ago.

Source: It's out everywhere, but Yahoo News was quick:
http://news.yahoo.com/jury-reaches-verdict-in-zimmerman-trial-131511601.html
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I had forgotten about this trial.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I forgot about it, but then when the trial started going on, I couldn't stop hearing about it o_o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
I've heard more of it since it ended then since it happened. Seriously, so many people are sharing their opinions about it now that it is over... I could care less either way, I don't know the details. All I know is that a black teen got shot by a older white male, and everyone is posting pictures of a 5~ year old black male and the "unrespectful" picture of a white male, which makes me think the media bias is affecting everyone's opinion on the matter.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It confuses me why anyone has an opinion on the matter in the first place. I mean, everyone is entitled to one, but the nature of things makes it near impossible for most people to substantiate their opinions, so why bother?

I don't give a shit because I know nothing about it and there's no way for me to learn without hearing it from a biased angle in either direction.

Spoiler for edit:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:07:21 PM by Malson »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think Zimmerman is half Hispanic, half White. :p

Anyways, I don't think there's any question that the media (on both sides) added fuel to the fire. It's ridiculous that this whole thing became twisted in politics. B(

Spoiler for edit:

Who would have known that this is the true face of (#)Justice. :p
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I see more black "friends" posting how this was racism and all that and how whites have it so easy.  The jury who made the decision were mixed races, so unless each of the members of the jury were uncle ruckus, I think it's safe to say it was a lack of evidence to convict him mixed with a legal loophole called the "Stand your ground" law that helped.

It's whatever to me.  I'm just happy that they didn't make a verdict based on what they felt in their heart over the loss of a child.  That wouldn't be justice to me, considering laws and court is there for a reason.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The "stand your ground" law had nothing to do with this case, as far as I know. I'm not even 100% sure why it even came up in the media.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The "stand your ground" law had nothing to do with this case, as far as I know. I'm not even 100% sure why it even came up in the media.

I don't know, either... O_o The defense's case was that Zimmerman was unable to flee, due to being pinned down by Trayvon.

Spoiler for the media:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It's all over the media because there's an evil white man going around killing all the black babies.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Zimmerman is about as "white" as the president. :V

...literally.

o_O
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
So? We have our racism pitchforks out!

Funny thing is that while everyone is all anti-racist, this trial just showed that everyone (figuratively) is still racist. The media doesn't help either, in fact it encourages this racism. Why is it such a big deal, crimes like this happen all the time?