RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Any one experience the storm yet?

© 2012 chapman productions inc
Rep:
Level 55
=O
Around here, where I live (West Virginia USA) we are supposed to get a little but of hurricane Sandy's wrath, although its snowin a little bit early the storm itself has yet to get here. In June, we had a storm that knocked out power for 9 days!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Toronto is supposed to get hit tommorow with some wind and rain, nothing to major

Rep:
Level 71
It's pretty windy where I live right now. It doesn't seem like it's going rain though.

Rep:
Level 55
=O
we was under warnings, but I don't figure it will be to bad, the old that comes with the snow sucks, but the kids loved it, we made a snowman.  :lol:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm in Pittsburgh, and its nothing. Just windy and rainy, but people like to make a big deal out of everything.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Everyone's freaking out about this because they're afraid of another Hurricane Katrina happening.

Not that that's a reasonable assumption. Just telling it like it is.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Well, to be fair, its pretty bad in other places. WV got hit with a blizzard, and NYC just had a power plant explode, and half the city is powerless.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
and the subways are flooded

Rep:
Level 55
=O
http://www.facebook.com/MarkAChapman10  If you an see my facebook, you will see the blizzard. and my powers blinking on and off.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Pittsburgh -- STATUS: Rain and a bit o' wind.

OOOooOOOoooOOOooo

It's not even that heavy of a wind. Pittsburgh's actually pretty windy, usually. Especially downtown. This is, like, only slightly more windy than other windy times, and not even the most windy I've ever seen it.

Some schools are closed, and we're in a so-called "state of emergency." It's bullshit. Probably won't even get off work tomorrow.

But yeah, other places (NY, WV) are getting slammed by this thing. But western PA's just kinda like "eh, whatever."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:46:24 AM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
My power just went out.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
i got a buddy in NYC gettin' hit reeaall bad. his power has been out all day, along with most of the cities power. told me that his buddies house like 10 minutes away from him is completely flooded.

Rep:
Level 55
=O
I pray for the people that I seen on the weather channel, mostly in new york city, I don't watch much TV though.

Rep:
Level 96
Kind of funny: the power at my place goes out once a week or so, for less than a minute each time.

Last night? Power all night.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Why does your power go out every week? That doesn't sound fun.

Rep:
Level 96
Because Emsworth, PA. It's like the bermuda triangle of Pittsburgh. Only about 30 minutes from the city, but it's like there's a 5-10 mile void around the place I live, and nothing fun, tasty, or interesting exists there. Just warehouses and normal houses.

Need a new pair of jeans? 30 minutes away.
Want some good food? Sorry, nobody delivers to Emsworth.
Wanna see a movie? 30 minutes away.
Want to ride your bike on a trail? Gotta drive for 30 minutes, first.
Groceries? Only 15 minutes (WOW!) away.
A good bar? 30 minutes away.

The 711 a block away is what keeps me alive, here.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:43:45 PM by Arlen »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
lol, I lived that way my entire life up until now, but if you wanted those new jeans to be from somewhere that wasn't walmart, you had to go an hour away.
Living in a city is awesome. You can pay people to just bring food to your house. Totally blew my mind when I first got here.

On topic though, I really hope anyone living over there is okay. The stories and pictures I've seen have been awful. ;9

Rep:
Level 94
I didn't know you were from Emsworth. I go to meetings in Sewickley and Ambridge sometimes.

Rep:
Level 96
I've only been there for the last 3 months, and will only be longer for 3 more months until I move out of Pittsburgh entirely.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Place I work at sold out of D batteries and water and whatnot early yesterday morning in preparation for the storm for today. The weather all day? Barely a drizzle, and not a bit of wind.

Also, Holk, don't you work at GameStop at the Ross Park Mall?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I didn't even realize there was so many people here from PA. :o

As for those who are experiencing Hurricane Sandy, you have my prayers. ;9
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 94
The Ross park mall GameStop closed a few months ago.

Rep:
Level 96
If you did, that would be nuts. My girlfriend works at the Macy's at Ross Park Mall. (That's the one up on McKnight Rd, right? I always get that an Robinson, near the airport, confused.)

Rep:
Level 94
Dude, McKnight road is basically where I grew up. What high-school did your girlfriend go to?

Rep:
Level 96
Bethlehem Catholic.

Lol, neither of us are from here. We both came here for college 6 years ago, and that's where we met, and now we're still here because we're waiting for our new jobs to start.

Well, her new job. ;9
I'm gonna have to wing it for a bit. ;8