RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Square's New Engine: Luminous

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQB9ds2AYwM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQB9ds2AYwM</a>

Unreal Engine 4 already looks like shit.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Holy fuck
:tinysmile:

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
if anyone can make an engine that look like 100% real life. that person will be instant LEGENDARY GAME DEVELOPER IN THE UNIVERSE...

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
This is Final Fantasy? It ain't bad.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Square has to do a whole lot more than make a pretty game to get me back. FFXIII was a pretty game, too. I'm not falling for it again.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Reiterating most of my posts about e3, DAYUM!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Woohoo? It probably took them months just to show that off, big deal. What games can it make?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I hope all of you understand that other companies than Square are going to be using this engine to make games. It's a tool and a damn good one at that considering the physics and fantastic aesthetics I can hardly imagine as being rendered in real time. Final Fantasy was just used as a setting/theme for the tech demo although FFXIII Versus is apparently being delayed to run on it.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You're a tool and a damn good one at that.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I hope all of you understand that other companies than Square are going to be using this engine to make games. It's a tool and a damn good one at that considering the physics and fantastic aesthetics I can hardly imagine as being rendered in real time. Final Fantasy was just used as a setting/theme for the tech demo although FFXIII Versus is apparently being delayed to run on it.

Wow, you don't say. You mean this is like the Unreal Engine except everyone can use it?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I hope you understand that this is the result of high-end computers and not a next gen dev kit.

Not going to deny it looks amazing and I'd play it. But it's a tech demo running on bleeding-edge systems. The demo was also co-developed by Square's CG studio. Crytek's next engine and UE4 will likely look just as good as non-playable tech demos.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It remains to be seen whether anybody uses this engine.

Rep:
Level 97
You're a tool and a damn good one at that.
;]

Wow, you don't say. You mean this is like the Unreal Engine except everyone can use it?
;]
I hope you understand that this is the result of high-end computers and not a next gen dev kit.

Not going to deny it looks amazing and I'd play it. But it's a tech demo running on bleeding-edge systems. The demo was also co-developed by Square's CG studio. Crytek's next engine and UE4 will likely look just as good as non-playable tech demos.
Everything at E3 ran on high end computers. Obviously this isn't a direct example of what everything is going to look like coming out of this, but it does what a tech demo aims to do by showing off the potential. This is also an engine being developed for next gen games so how is it not a next gen dev kit?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

> implying nobody else has the technology to do what Crytek and Epic are doing.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Also I'd like to point out that I'm well aware that UE4 is capable of producing results like this and will be just as good (if not better.) Just saying with everything out so far this is the most impressive.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Tech demo? Or CG movie?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
It's rendered in real time, so tech demo.

I also just realized how absolutely terrible the bug things look compared to everything else.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
At least the music was pretty.

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, then it was pretty impressi-PARTICLE EFFECTS PARTICLE EFFECTS PARTICLE EFFECTS PARTICLE EFFECTS PARTICLE EFFECTS

Rep:
Level 96
jk its pretty awesome

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Remake Final Fantasy VII and IX in it :)
bringing sexy back

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
My mind would be straight blown the fuck up if they remade VII and IX in this engine. I'm for it.

Rep:
Level 94
Remake VI in it.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Square doesn't want anything to do with good games anymore. They'd rather churn out FF XIII-3, Crystal Chronicle games, and half-assed MMOs.

But if they do remake something, they'll probably remake FF I for the thousandth time.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
Yeah, Mistwalker is the real Square anyway.