RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Quicksprite v1.0 Release thread

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
QuickSprite, a program I designed to replace looseleaf's character generator as an offline equivalent with a few tweaks has now been released.  This project has been a roller-coaster ride with fun and frustration but now I can finally move on to other projects as well as tweak this a bit here and there when necessary.  I am happy to release this for all to use rather than just myself and the testers.

Features:
  • Drop-down menu character creation for all sizes of characters
  • Ability to use your own assets to make the creation of characters faster by simply putting the
    assets into their designated folder.
  • save your characters in a project file to load at a later time to make adjustments
  • zoom in if there is a fine detail that you wish to look at
  • change the background color to fit your style and to avoid transparency conflicts
  • adjust the hue of each individual piece to create different variations.
  • export the character to avoid having to print-screen and paste into your program of choice to crop it.
  • it's free (but donations are accepted)

As of right now the program doesn't include many assets (just the ones I used to test the program as I was developing it) but I am hoping to find individuals who are interested in creating them and sharing it with the community.  I will post them on my website with full credit for the creator as well as updating this topic with the packs/pieces that are created. 

You can download the program through the following link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65853207/Quicksprite%20v1.0%20Release.zip

Screenshot:
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 60
Eden: Oh, this is absolutely delicious. Just downloaded and tried it out, and I'm impressed. The only real problem is the lack of assets, but that's hardly your fault, and I can only hope that others will feel the inclination to add them (as I'm rather stupid spriting-wise). The only other thing that I noticed (and this is really minor) was that waist items are shown below shirt items unless the shirt is "tucked in", which isn't entirely unexpected... it would just be nice to have an option to show them above the shirt without having the pants affected, you know? :)

EDIT: What about unisex assets, as well? I just glanced through the "assets" folder structure and noticed that they're all divided into "Male" and "Female," but I'm sure there are items that both could wear, and it seems wasteful to have to copy the files into two locations (not to mention having to edit both files if you want to make changes to a single asset). Just a thought! :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:23:09 AM by Fall From Eden »

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'll take your comments into consideration for certain!  The reason the items are all separated as they areare generally due to size differences on female sprites and male sprites and the looseleaf generator is separated the same way which I'm assuming is for the same reason.  However, there has been some long thought over the last month of whether to ditch the gender idea and just go purely unisex.  I'm trying to think of ways to do it without making the list boxes become too cluttered but to be honest, it may end up happening in the end regardless if enough assets are submitted.  That is another reason why they are split up as well...to avoid any clutter.  I can more than likely see about possibly making accessories unisex and leave the rest as it is, however.  Then it will be just up to the end-user to modify the pieces to fit one gender or the other if it doesn't fit right the first time lol
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 60
Eden: Sure, I was just thinking that some items could be useful for both, and you might not want to assume that someone's going to use it just for Mack-style characters. This is easily the nicest sprite-creator that I've seen so far, so I'm tempted to start porting over some resources from the Famitsu generator to see how VX RTP-sized sprites could work in it, in which case the size differences are minimal at best between genders. I was just thinking that you could create another "Unisex" folder for each category that would be automatically included in the drop-down boxes regardless of the selected gender.

The gender idea isn't bad, though, I don't think. Going entirely unisex could clutter up the interface like insanity if someone has a lot of assets, and it's easy to segregate them into male, female, or unisex in my opinion.

In any case, your program is awesome whether you decide to create a unisex category or not. That was just one of those thoughts that sprung to mind as soon as I started looking at how things were organized, and if there's anything that I'm fairly confident in, it's my ability to organize the hell out of things. ;)

EDIT: Correction: I'm good at organizing things digitally. IRL, I'm a mess. :lol:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Oh, this looks awesome o.0

I'll try this out sometime :] Thanks for making it~
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Eden: Sure, I was just thinking that some items could be useful for both, and you might not want to assume that someone's going to use it just for Mack-style characters. This is easily the nicest sprite-creator that I've seen so far, so I'm tempted to start porting over some resources from the Famitsu generator to see how VX RTP-sized sprites could work in it, in which case the size differences are minimal at best between genders. I was just thinking that you could create another "Unisex" folder for each category that would be automatically included in the drop-down boxes regardless of the selected gender.

The gender idea isn't bad, though, I don't think. Going entirely unisex could clutter up the interface like insanity if someone has a lot of assets, and it's easy to segregate them into male, female, or unisex in my opinion.

In any case, your program is awesome whether you decide to create a unisex category or not. That was just one of those thoughts that sprung to mind as soon as I started looking at how things were organized, and if there's anything that I'm fairly confident in, it's my ability to organize the hell out of things. ;)

EDIT: Correction: I'm good at organizing things digitally. IRL, I'm a mess. :lol:

lol I'm disorganized in almost everything I do haha.  I have to try real hard to do tedious little things like organizing things and at times, I find myself giving up lol.  I'm going to look into a few different possibilities as soon as I have some spare time to make the program more "friendly" so I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

Oh, this looks awesome o.0

I'll try this out sometime :] Thanks for making it~

Thanks and no problem :D 

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Looks really neat. Good job!

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
You might get more attention over here in Graphics :D

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
lol thanks for moving it.  I forgot to reply the last time I saw this.

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
I know that it's been a while and this thread's probably been forgotten, but I figured it would be worthwhile to post some assets.

Each sex has 16 skin tones to choose from (while the program allows you to recolor anything, I personally couldn't ever get the skin tones to look right after recoloring, even fiddling with saturation and value), as well as 20 hair styles. Those are easily recolored since they use a desaturated base. And as far as accessories go, I added in a cloak and wings for each sex -- but there's a layering issue that puts them higher than they need to be.

I really don't think I'm going to be bothering with adding more clothes or anything, but this is a good start. Thanks for doing this, Lethrface! It's a bit easier than loading up Looseleaf every time you need a sprite.