RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game Ideas

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Hello rmrk users, I'm crow5derlock and I have some ideas for you.

This post is here because I have no accessable internet from a computer, but by phone, because of this I can't progress in any of my games in the making of, so I have allot of stray thoughts and ideas that may spark some of you to want to get out there and start making.

Ideas:
Sliders; this is based off of a briliant american scifi tv show about a group of peopel who slide through dimensions using a remote controll that was originally made for anti gravitational forces. The group of people come from an array of planets in other dimension where everything is in the same year date and time and they're the same people but the array of the world is different.  Search up sliders tv show for research and such on creation of a game for it.

Percy jackson and the olympians; basing this game off of the novel by rick riordan, this would be an interesting project for most gamers, given they base it off of the books and not the movie (which sucked ass just fyi). This would be a verry long challenge, especially scince there would be almost no change of weapons.

A hunters end: a long epic journey that would leave any normal man dead on the first day drives one man to hell and back in a long greedful journey for cash, and deals with the devil to keep him alive. Every time this man dies he makes a deal with the devil to let him live, if at all the requirements of his deal are not met he is to be cast through eternal punishment. Along the requirements of one of his many deals he meets a girl he is supposed to kill, or convert to satinism and falls in love instead.

Time chaser; in a long tale of a boring life in highschool an adolecent teen finds his dull life too much to stand for due to bullies and jocks beating up on him all the time, he decides to run away to the local hiking trail and gets himself lost. On his way trying to get out of the trail he ends up at the end of a mountain cliff a few miles from the city and decides to stay the night there. During the middle of the night he hears the scream of a girl somewhere bellow the cliff and he desperatly trys to find a way to help, and he ends up lost in a time stream long before his own and stuck in the past.

Laws of adornment; i don't really know, it just sounded like a good name for a game.

(No title); OK, i'm probably not the only person here who thinks about these things, but i started thinking of some anime shows i watch and thought it'd be neat to fuse the shows and make a game out of that. (Yes i know it's another TV show idea)  The shows are Fairy tail- its about wizards in a distant land from others where people use magic as a tool not just a skill, and only people who use magic for their jobs are actually called wizards, and wizards belong to wizard guilds ECT.-; The second show,(which i have a large un-natural obsession with), Is one piece it's a show about a group of pirates who set out to chase their individual dreams, and these mystical fruits called devil fruits which gives the consumer special abilities on the term that they can never swim again.--------- Now my though was more on the Fairy tail side of it, with the pink haired kid with dragon abilities, gave me the thought of characters in the game transforming into dragon-like creatures to access more power or certain areas of the game. the OP side of it was the thought of a large major sea advancement through the world, where the characters are on a large quest that requires a long journey across the sea to get to their destination. and probably along with these having a new expanse over magic

NEW:
Concept idea; game where the protagonist has to travel between the present and past to beat the antagonist. Example. ( Marty must go and save the world from {Darkness, Evil doctor, magic evil bunnis}, but theres a problem, he must travel between the past and present to {beat the temples, towers, walmarts}, and over all defeat the antagonist) <<< Bad example but i think you'll get the point.

Characters names are not required in any of these ideas, (though the percy jackson one might be hard to do without actual names) the characters may be changed in any way the creator might want. I will try and get more ideas posted. Feel free to comment and/or post your own project ideas that you might not want to make yourself here as well.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:42:08 PM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Most Mature Member
Oh, you give yourself too much credit sir. We hate lots of people, and you're probably not even in the top 10 :P

Also, moved to Game Creation General Chat

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Who are you again?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I have no prejudice.
I hate everyone equally.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I could never hate someone that spells it "cumputer". Okay, I could and I do, but I barely even remember you.
:tinysmile:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Do you still like puzzles?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I remember you pretty clearly. :o But I was new-ish at that time, so I remembered a ton of what I saw around the forums.

But, that's long over with. (And the Adrien saga happened shortly after). I'm sure your ideas will come in handy, because a lot of RPG Maker users strive to have ideas, and they can use yours as examples.

Maybe you could even expand on this, and it may help out the newbies. :o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
fixed post

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Half of your ideas are a TV show and a book.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
But that doesn't make them bad ideas to try!, and technically its 5 books, I was reffering to the series when I said and I quote "books"

Rep:
Level 69
I always thought making a cause-and-effect game based on 'the last supper' would be fun. I turned down doing it because I never read the bible, so I wouldn't have enough info as a basis. lol

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
well, there isnt verry much info even in the bible on the last supper, it'd be easy to just mock it up in your own head how you'd think it would go, and searching up the last supper in Google would be pretty reliable for the bibles sake.