RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
Yellow here,

I'm a 19 year old Dutch guy who's in love with music. I currently play Guitar, Drums, Piano and I also sing a little because I can. I haven't touched nor seen the RPGM Scene for some years and I'm very curious about the whole situation now. I used to fight with Mark1707, the guy you thought was so cool because of his awesome maps; no grass under tree's! My mapping style is very natural. I like it if all makes sense, so a lot of depth can be expected in my maps.

I've also been writing for quite some time now. Worked on my English and I've reached the point that I can say with proud that not many see me as a non-native in the language. Ohh, I sound so cocky! I'm also very curious if the level of mapping on other (English) forums raised, as the Dutch RPGM Scene had quite a high level.

Questions? Ask away :)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Welcome! I have a question

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Welcome? We've got some nice mappers. I don't know if we're considered an American forum. That all depends, I think. Maybe? Anyways, hope you enjoy it here! ;8

Spoiler for My not-so hidden thoughts:
Please don't end up being like Adrien...
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 60
Haha, no need to worry. I can handle criticism quite well, it is the sole reason how I reached the point of feeling comfortable with the English Language ;) (Let's not use the word criticism again. Feedback sounds much more appealing and fun :D). I think you took my words wrong or maybe I typed it in a wrong way. I was member of a Dutch Forum and the level was quite high, as I mentioned. This is not to say that I see you all as Americans. I was referring to the part that I was curious about the change in level outside my countries border.

Enough babbling, it takes away the fun :3

Spoiler for Yuyubabe:
Thanks for that name, I found some topics that gave me quite a laugh :D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Whew! You're nothing like Adrien. :) He was a negative criticizer, whereas you seem to be a positive feedback person. That's good! :D (Hope I don't come across as a jerk, using tone is hard over the computer! I'm good-natured, I promise!).

It's my mistake, haha. I don't know what this forum is considered. I've never been outside of America, so I know nothing about how Dutch forums are. Are they a nice community? I take it the graphics are superb? European art of any kind is always something I love. Especially architecture. :)

I don't have any problem with confidence, in fact I encourage it! :) My mapping skill isn't really good or bad. I make maps, but I rarely post them. I hope to see some really nice ones from you! :D

Here's the Screenshot thread where a lot of our maps and such are displayed and you can post some. ~ ;8
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 60
Welcome! I have a question
Ask away :P

@Yuyubabe

Jerk? I don't see it :P For me, Graphics and mapping are two totally different things. Most of us use the standard RTP to map. Most of the foreigners do this too, yet miss creativity. The best mappers of our community (I tend to see myself at the top with some others,) always surprise me and others with the minimum. We use some add-ons to make it easier but the maps are always interesting in their own way.

The biggest downside is that not many of us really finished a game. One did manage it, Chiyi with his game "Mikkoku". He used RM2K3 if I remember correctly and the game is quite popular (and free). As for the Graphics, we lack real artists here. My spriting skills are average and I can manage the little things but I have yet to see an amazing tileset from a Dutchy. I tried to make one myself but abandoned it after the first major sprite because of the lack of creativity. The community supported it through, that was really nice.

I'll post a map later. I'm curious about the thoughts of it here. And because I know there will be someone asking about what kind of object I created while I tried to make a tileset, see the spoiler. Also, just post those maps! The worst that can happen is that you get some feedback from others and you learn from that!

Spoiler for I used to be Kyougi. (Gamer in Japanees):

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nice! I like that material, it looks clean.

To be honest, I've never completed a game in RPG Maker. I'm working on one, though. Haha I think it's a trait amongst a vast majority of artists. I'm a real life artist, and can do character edits, but maps and sprites are okay for me. :o I actually really hate doing sprites... :( I lack patience for it lol!

Alrighty! I look forward to your maps. :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]