RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FRAGILE HEARTS (completed comedy RPG)

Rep:
Level 81

Fragile Hearts is an anime inspired comedy RPG, with 8 complete episodes in total. It is a remake of the old tech demo version with completely new gameplay and improved areas and layouts.

This game features hilarious anime portraits, 2D environments, and some really funny characters and plot twists. The complete game is now finished and work has begun on the sequel.

PLOT
What do a "wanted" knight, an unemployed witch, a talking cat, and a bumbling old wizard all have in common? They're all charged with the generic RPG task of finding the "Chosen one" and fulfilling a tired prophecy to save the world from a resurrected evil overlord!  Follow a small band of "replacement" heroes as they do their best to foil the evil toils of the overlord. You'll meet many interesting characters along the way, like Amia, the crippled dominatrix, Poko, a blob that everyone wishes would die, and Iggsley, some stupid kid's imaginary friend.

SPECIAL FEATURES
-An animal recruitment system
-8 full length episodes
-Consequential endings which will drastically change the world for the sequel
-Boasting with extra content, including a director's cut (development hell)

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler for Show:

CHARACTERS

Spoiler for Show:

Fergus
He's not the "Chosen One", but he'll have to do.

Haddy
A recent graduate from the witch academy who has fallen under rough times.

Midard
The high wizard of the lands. His mind isn't quite what it used to be.

Gulliver
Formerly a perverted drunk, Haddy turned this lunatic into a talking pet cat.

Changes made since old and now defunct tech demo:
-scrapped battle system and swapped in 2k3 battles, added for every character.
-Made enemy encounters visible throughout.
-Added more funny dialogue and text to the game, including items and skills.
-Completed items and skills for the first 3 episodes.
-Improved dialogue.
-Added intro movie.
-Rebuilt areas of the game for a more aesthetically pleasing experience.
-Added directions for Midard's vortex level.
-Fixed small bugs mentioned in the review.
-Fixed tileset passibility errors (to the best of my knowledge).

Changes made for the final version:
-Walkthrough included
-Loads of bug fixes
-More area improvements
-Added more items throughout
-Episodes 7 and 8 included

CREDITS

Creator: SBester
Beta Testers: Amerk, Lyn, and Demonlord5000
Graphics: SBester, Mack and Blue, Mana, and Suited Designs Inc.

DOWNLOAD

V.1.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?orotd32094sddvp

V.1.2
http://www.mediafire.com/?e0gohm8139c2cu8

V.1.3 (Final)
http://www.mediafire.com/?93w4b0ta22qaqve
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:32:27 PM by sbester »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

Fergus
He's not the "Chosen One", but he'll have to do.

Lol I love that. :V
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 81
New download link added, fixed version

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
This is the most surprisingly awesome game I've played in a while and the battle theme >  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for saying so! Haven't had much in the way of feedback so far, so I'm glad someone's liking it.

Rep:
Level 81
New link submitted, RIP Megaupload...

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
hrm... well, I gotta say, while I had a lot of fun with it, I found a lot of errors... for example: I was able to buy a pet (a $1000 purchase) with only $160 in my account.

while I loved the game itself and the humor, which was much less crass than I expected from an "all comedy" RPG (based on examples of what people so far have thought that to be), I have to say that some of the game-breaking elements make me less likely to play... It's still fun, don't get me wrong, but when I realized i could go back and buy all the animals for no cost, I kinda found that it lost something for me...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm sure that's simply an error. A quick update could get rid of that, and besides, if you knew the prices of the items and still bought them without sufficient money knowing that this glitch had existed, you were just ruining the game for yourself. ???

Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for the error report, Sash, I promise to fix that immediately.
hiromaru, you're right though, it's an easy fix, and avoidable. The animals are a little useless anyway.
Any other bug reports are much appreciated! I'm still releasing new versions to clean up the rest of the bugs.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:13:17 PM by sbester »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Well, I didn't go back to buy them, but I was incredibly tempted, and that it was even an option kind of spoiled things for me... I had "bought" an animal simply because I knew I didn't have enough and I wanted to see if they said anything funny in regards to this...

but... the Pets are useless??? Then why so much money??? YOU FANTASTIC MAN!~ You made the PETS a JOKE! GENIUS!
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 81
Well, not entirely useless. They cause status effects, which can be useful for boss fights. I wouldn't recommend using them for regular battles though. I'm one of those players who bombard enemies with full attacks anyway, so I only ever adopted Poko (which I pretty much forgot about). Perhaps I should knock down the prices on them, I can't for the life of me remember how much money I had at the beginning of episode 4...

Anyways, I'll have a bug fixed version download available soon. And I'll post screenshot previews of the sequel even sooner than that! It's coming along nicely!

Rep:
Level 81
Sneak a preview of Fragile Hearts 2 at it's new development page:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3396/

New version of the first game will be posted pretty soon. It fixes a couple bugs that have been found, and adds a couple new features here and there.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
You should update your first post with the new version; will give it a shot now
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 81
Correct you are, 'tis done. Thanks for giving it a play!

Rep:
Level 81
The final version of the game has been posted! Stay tuned for Fragile Hearts 2!