RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
JAOD Project DEMO v1.0

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
RM2K Master

First Release Demo v1.0

Greetings RMRK! My name is DRXeno, and it is with much gratification that I present to you my first RM2k3 project, Jaquio: Angel of Death. I have independently and secretly been developing this game for several years, and it is finally time to surface. So lets get to it!

-==STORY OUTLINE==-

“Nightmares…we all have them while we sleep. I have them too. Only difference is that I have them only while I’m awake. I wish I could avoid them or at least control them. But my failed efforts indicate that I have no power over these bad dreams.”

These are the opening words of the protagonist, Jaquio, who in his opening monologue foreshadows the sort of inevitable dark affliction that will be plaguing him throughout his journey. The story begins by chronicling a mission setup by the resistance group, Chivalry, to steal a powerful weapon from a militant pseudo government, Vesta Inc. Jaquio, being one of the highest ranked soldiers in Chivalry is assigned the task of completing this operation.

The more Jaquio learns about what Vesta Inc. is doing and why they are doing it, the more Jaquio learns about his direct connection to them. Lies, deceit, mysticism and magic encompass this complicated tale about a hero trying desperately to learn about himself and his forgotten past. But the more he learns, the more he realizes that every decision he makes has dire consequences to the people he loves and even Earth itself.

-==HEROES==-

Jaquio: Known formally as Jaquio Balder, he is the main character of Jaquio. His entire life is being manipulated by outside participants, who use Jaquio for their own personal gain. Jaquio struggles throughout his journey to identify the people who are actually his friends and those who are foe.

Jessica: Jessica has connections to Chivalry, however, her connections are unknown. She aides Jaquio in his mission to steal a weapon from Vesta Inc, yet no one at Chivalry will admit that they know her.

Morak: Morak Lantana is son of King Myrole Lantana and a true nobel Prince of Nilfheim. He is first introduced to Jaquio inside Nilfheim Jail, a jail that houses the most villainous creatures of Nilfheim. Morak was sentenced a lifetime banishment to Nilfheim Jail for his accused crime of murdering his mother, Queen Miranda.

Lemos A.K.A, Cursed Mage: Lemos is King Myrole’s most trusted counselor. He was valued by King Myrole for his magical prowess and in depth knowledge of Nilfheim’s history.

Ramoth: Ramoth wanders Nilfheim aimlessly, simply for the sake of doing so and for stealing everything and anything he can get his grubby large hands on. He is a drunk and is especially talented in the art of gambling and bullying those that get in his way.

Freya: Freya is an aspiring self taught Sorceress. Jaquio eventually falls in love with her, and she becomes his beacon of light through his time of darkness and sorrow.

Lothar A.K.A, The Red Knight: Coined “The Red Knight” for his history of killing foes and conquering empires, the legendary tales of Lothar are shared at all Inns and places where stories are worth sharing in Nilfheim. There are some who doubt his existence and his feats. However, all enjoy listening to the impossible, corky stories that have become songs and hymns of legend.

Tifa: Tifa is an Elf who lives secretly in the Black Forest. Tifa, and the rest of her kin are believed to have died out during the last Great War and these are exactly the presumptions they wish to preserve. Isolation and secrecy has shrouded these Elven people and Tifa is the only one in opposition of htis lifestyle. Tifa believes that the world should know that Elves still exist, and her beliefs are further solidified when Jaquio accidently stumbles upon her.

-==FEATURES==-

1) Battle System: JAOD game includes a custom, turn based battle system. All battle operations are tracked and affect how opponents will respond during battles. Enemies are programmed to “think”. If you are too aggressive, the opponents will be more defensive and use abilities such as heal, block, and defense increase. If you are too passive, the opponents will be more offensive and use their most damaging abilities on you. A balance in between includes a more ideal battle where the enemy will taunt, be defensive and offensive. Battles are designed to make the gamer think strategically, reasonably and also bring an element of luck to the table. One last note on enemies is that they will grow stronger as you grow stronger, so be careful with upgrading your level too quickly!

2) Menu System: JAOD game includes a custom menu system with options Equip, Save, FAQ and Party. The FAQ section updates continuously as you advance through the game. There are 100+ questions answered under the FAQ section!

3) ABS (Attack Battle System): The ABS is not the main battle system in the JAOD game. The ABS was added to bring some variety to battling. You can perform two different attacks, a normal and special attack. Normal attacks have the possibility of executing complex combinations, while special attacks are naturally very powerful attacks.

4) Battle Options and Leveling System: JAOD Game includes a feature that puts building your battle menu and leveling entirely into the hands of the gamer. I have coined this type of system “CBMS” (Custom Battle Menu System) where more power is given to the gamer. Basically every hero begins with the options “Fight”, “Defend” and “Item” as their available battle menus. As battles are completed and Battle Points are rewarded, Battle Points can then be used to add more battle menus to existing battle menus. The choices you choose from are listed below.

*Fight; allows you to perform normal physical attacks

*Defend; will reduce the amount of damage done to you, and restore a small portion of health. [Note: Defend is dependent on your stats, so upgrading your heroes’ stats and level will also ugrade the Defend Command. Defend and Item are the only battle commands that are not upgradable like the others through the BP Screen]

*Item; allows you to use battle items

*Combo; allows you to create series of physical attacks

*Ytiliga; focuses on enhancing and utilizing your natural talents

*Escape; this technique was not designed necessarily for cowards, but for men who desired to live another day

Coming soon…

*Kigam; allows you to summon the forces of nature to your bidding [Not available in this demo]

*Sacred Art; this is an archaic technique used for the sole purpose of destruction [Not available in this demo]

*Star Light; this is the counter part of Sacred Art. It is a near forgotten magic that encourages life and longevity [Not available in this demo]

*Summon; allows you to call upon the Gods of war and peace to fight alongside you [Not available in this demo]

*Edicius; this is a dangerous but powerful sacrifice [Not available in this demo]

-==SCREENSHOTS (Collage)==-

For more screenshots (CLICK HERE)

-==VIDEO TRAILER==-
TRAILER 1 (Click Here)

-==OFFICIAL WEBPAGE==-
http://leonardtatum.blogspot.com/

-==JAOD PROJECT WIKI==-
http://jaodproject.wikia.com/wiki/JAODProject_Wiki

-==DOWNLOAD==-
(MAIN LINK 1)

I welcome all questions, comments and requests for me to help you code your game. Thank you and enjoy my game!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:59:19 PM by drxeno02 »

RM2K Master
12.29.11 Updates/Fixes (Warning: No content changes)

-==Vesta Inc==-
I. Fixed choke scene error. You can now choke all the Vesta Soldiers you like!
II. Bomb timer reduced at end of Vesta Inc. scene.
III. Dex's damage fixed. His normal gun attack has been increased to represent damage dealt by a boss of his caliber.

-==Sewers==-
I. Battle menu was not coming up automatically for some users and now it does!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:22:18 PM by drxeno02 »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
im going to play it, to see how it looks ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

RM2K Master
@DarkGamer Thanks! I uploaded a video to help with people who want to just "see how the game looks". It's my first edited video and post, so hopefully it isn't too aweful. And if it is terrible, throw me a free pass (or two, three....four free passes please)!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:39:54 AM by drxeno02 »

RM2K Master
What build is everyone working with? I've rocked all builds (as you probably could have guessed), but as of late I'm experimenting with straight leveling. I hit Lv 5 and my Fight command is still at Lv 1 by the end of this current demo release. I focused on upgrading my luck stat whenever I could, and will probably get Escape on my next BP visit. How you guys doing?

RM2K Master
Project status has been placed on hiatus. Further notices of game progression will resume at a distant future. The download will remain available. The current version has minor bug fixes with no content updates. Thank you to everyone that has supported this project thus far.

12.29.11 Updates/Fixes (Warning: No content changes)

-==Vesta Inc==-
I. Fixed choke scene error. You can now choke all the Vesta Soldiers you like!
II. Bomb timer reduced at end of Vesta Inc scene.
III. Dex's damage dealt fixed. His normal gun attack has been increased to represent damage dealt by a boss of his caliber.

-==Sewers==-
I. Battle menu was not coming up automatically for some users and now it does!

01.10.12 Updates/Fixes (Warning: No content changes)

-==Game Mechanics==-
I. Everything moves more fluid! Wait times for CBS, BP System, Tutorial System and chest times all reduced. Description loops are also removed.
II. Save point bug fixed. End users are not restricted from accessing the save option and end users do not disappear.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:53:23 PM by drxeno02 »

RM2K Master
"Cardinal Hermod walked behind two acolytes. His lithe body moved with the agility and confidence of someone used to having his own way. On his head, weighing him down, was the round hat of an evil church king. The father knew at once that this man was in charge. He made eye contact with the young girl, then at the feeble twins. His gaze was chilling but perversely soothing. The girl knew she was going to die, but looking at this cardinal gave her an inner peace. His eyes told her that soon the pain and suffering would soon be over"

The above is a snippet of some of the story for Jaquio game! Click on this text to read more!!

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
You should post Screens that are actually showing something, not only ones that show Battles.

RM2K Master
I am working on building up a good picture gallery. But until then, here is a large gallery for you >> http://rpgmaker.net/games/3708/images/23089/

RM2K Master
I do not have any new images to provide, but I do have some videos now! Hopefully these sets of videos will give you all more insight into what Jaquio game has to offer. These are my first ever created videos with commentary! It was fun, so I'll make a few more for you (hopefully the next set of videos will be better!  ;D)

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynn-Qfa6Bkc

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8CF-_sZlDI

RM2K Master
I have an update for everyone. I am compiling a listing of all boss encounters and how to defeat them. This list will include all bosses, but the strategies won't be explained in step by step format. This listing page is more of a guide that gives useful information to you. Also, be sure to take a look at the boss video release for the Mother Sewer Bug! http://leonardtatum.blogspot.com/p/jaod-bosses.html

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKrnkGgn2TQ

RM2K Master
I am still hard at work on this project. I do not have any new content ready to be released and played, however, I did put together a video displaying some of the mini games. The end of the video is the area (Nilfheim Jail) I am currently trying to finish up. Once I complete that dungeon I will have a demo for everyone to try. Thanks!

Mini Game Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVpepEr52A