RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Skyrim

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's out now, and you can trick your computer into thinking it's in Australia/you're in Australia and play now. ._. I don't know if I should buy it or not. I'm torn between getting the game and keeping $60. (And yes, it's actually my own money zzz).

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
We're all too busy sitting alone, staring at the wall waiting for it to come out to actually talk about it.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Here is a picture of a bear fighting a dragon to make you want it more.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Tat is pretty awesome >.< only have to wait 12 more hours till i can play lol

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I got a free copy of the game through Bethesda's retail loyalty site. Yeah, buddy~ I also bought the collectors edition guide. I'm going to play now~

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Playing this game with a guide is like missing the entire point of playing the game.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
OH GOD I JUST KILLED A DRAGON AND KAMEHAMEHA'D SOME BITCH WITH ICE MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You don't play with the guide, you use it as a reference. Plus, I'm a collector, and I have nearly 200 strategy guides. Also, as for my impressions so far, the game is exactly what I had hoped it would be. Its not perfect, but no game is, and it feels exactly like oblivion did the first time I played that game. I'm super excited to get my coffee and go back in.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:35:52 PM by Holk »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I, too, feel like I first felt playing Oblivion. Maybe even better, because I love killing big, bad monsters. I was hoping for Monster Hunter-esque fights with the dragons but eh, it's close enough. Suffice to say this is GOTY for me but guess I haven't played many new games this year. Still, my skooma-addicted Khajiit is incredibly fun to play.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
God, I love the new dungeons, and the whole mid-boss and boss thing it's got going. I also love that it changes little things for each play through of the game. I played through the first 2 hours on my computer, and then actually bought it for my PS3 (my computer could barely run it on medium), and there were a bunch of little changes, like taking a different road to the first town, and bandits wearing different armor, and characters sitting instead of standing. Little stuff, but still really neat.

Things I don't like:
1.) My HDTV apparently doesn't do 1080i. It does 1080p, but not 1080i. So I have to play in 720p.
2.) Shadows are jagged as fuck, good god.

Rep:
Level 97
Has anyone found out how to smelt iron ore yet?

Rep:
Level 94
One thing I miss from oblivion is being able to grab and move objects in the world. The iron ore thing should be finding pieces of ore and going to a smelting device, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm just getting lost in the world. I already found and killed a necromancer, then was hunted down by her hired thugs. They were really hard.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
So lonely being the only person on Earth not playing this right now. I'm waiting till December (or Black Friday if I can get a good deal) to pick this up. Skyward Sword will ameliorate this self-abjection, but it can't completely fill the void.

Can't wait.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, there's supposed to be smelting devices in certain places, like there are tanning devices, and forges, and such, but I haven't found one yet...

Rep:
Level 97
Ive found like 10 forges and haven't found one. Also Holk if you hold down the pick-up button you can move objects. AND GUYS HOLY SHIT GET THE DRAGON BREATH SHOUT JESUS CHRIST

Edit: and now I'm a werewolf
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:21:19 PM by Dovahkiin »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
So lonely being the only person on Earth not playing this right now.

I'm not playing it. And I'm fine with that.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 94
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIYOlEJ6lRo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIYOlEJ6lRo</a>

Hail to the Kiin, baby.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'm not. :mad:

My computer would explode if I tried to play it and I don't have $60 to spend because I have a child to feed :mad:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
clearly you just jelly.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
This game was so worth the wait. So far it seems to combine all the things I missed about Morrowind with all the things I enjoyed about Oblivion. I don't really have any complaints aside from a weird interface, but that's just something I need to become readjusted to. I love the crafting, I love the randomized and miscellaneous quests, and I LOVE the skill system. It's just a wonderful game, and nothing below my expectations.

Rep:
Level 94
I love that it still has that quirky bugginess that Oblivion had. Those moments when some weird jank happened made me laugh, and its good to see that there is still some of that here: He dragged that broken pot around with him for half the dungeon.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
This game has the weird random shit going on like Morrowind did and Oblivion lacked

By the way there's a smelter in Whiterun as soon as you enter the city. It's next to the blacksmith's house.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:23:46 AM by Skanker »

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Don't kill the chickens... Killed one by mistake and people in Skyrim showed they really love their chickens.

Rep:
Level 97
This game has the weird random shit going on like Morrowind did and Oblivion lacked

By the way there's a smelter in Whiterun as soon as you enter the city. It's next to the blacksmith's house.
YOU LIE.

I'm leader of the Companions now B)

Also Holk, a giant smashed me straight into the ground and I shot up a mile into the sky in a fallout-esque kinda way. Was pretty cool.

Rep:
Level 96

My computer would explode if I tried to play it and I don't have $60 to spend because I have a child to feed :mad:
Feed your child the souls of dragons. :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
Also Holk, a giant smashed me straight into the ground and I shot up a mile into the sky in a fallout-esque kinda way. Was pretty cool.

I had the exact same thing happen. I was spiraling end over end like a football, and never even started coming back down.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I somehow died from poison while transferring to another area through a door, resulting in me dying over and over after being transferred. It was weird, had to restart the game.

Rep:
Level 97

Feed your child the souls of dragons. :mad:

What if child services finds out? :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
Definitely a good idea to rotate save files. I found a bugged door that would corrupt the autosave when you go through it. If I hadn't been rotating saves, I would've lost hours of play.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I don't like how when I try clicking on a certain dialog option, it automatically chooses a different one for me. It took me just about a full minute to select anything other than "What do you have for sale?"  with one of the NPCs in Winterhold. And it happens with others as well, like when I gave a bandit 200 gold when really, I had clicked on the Intimidate option. Makes no sense.

edit: also, when I killed said bandit after "choosing" to pay the toll, she only had 8 gold on her body. Awesome.

Rep:
Level 96
I had to "fight" that dude to get in to the "fighters guild" (companions? or something like that?) and all I had was enchanted weapons, so he kept stopping the combat and saying "don't be a pussy that uses magic" so instead I had to shield bash him three times to get past it.

But what if I didn't have a shield?

Oh, Bethesda. Why don't you play test your games better?

Rep:
Level 94
You could punch him...

And Malson, I agree. The best way I found, is to use the wasd keys for menus. Takes a little while to get used to, but it works better.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:53:23 AM by Holk »

Rep:
Level 96
On the PS3, I'm playing with pretty much brute strength alone, as a Nord with the stormclouds. I have such a hard time looking around and keeping things in view and under control on the PS3, so having a barbaric Nord character that just swings around violently seems to be the way to go. Beat the shit out of a dragon with my greatsword. It was glorious.

On the PC I can actually aim and hit things with magic/arrows thanks to the mouse, so I made a redguard thief/archer/rogue who will join the imperials. I didn't even realize you had a choice of which character to follow in the opening scene until I made this character an hour ago. That's really fucking awesome that there's more than one side to the main story (but I have a feeling it will all just kind of end up at the same place in the end). I had to turn the settings down a bit to make it playable, but whatever, I'm getting my graphics fix from the PS3.

I love this game so much. :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:17:18 AM by arlen »

Rep:
Level 94
I just noticed that there's a stat for bunnies killed.

Rep:
Level 97
I have slain three fearsome bunnies.

Rep:
Level 97

Man I love smithing

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Fus Ro Dah.

I have the sprint shout and use it WAY too much, most cities keep telling me they'll lock me up :(

Rep:
Level 94
I got Mario land 3d, so I'm taking a break from skyrim until I finish it.

Rep:
Level 97
Fus Ro Dah.

I have the sprint shout and use it WAY too much, most cities keep telling me they'll lock me up :(
They don't ever do anything, you can actually just cancel out of the conversation without saying anything to them.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Got my cool dragon armor now I'm all set to save the world

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Found M'Aiq. My journey is complete.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
My horse was mauled to death by a pack of ice wolves. ;9

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 96
6 bandits at once? no problem

1 ice troll? dead in 2 hits

Rep:
Level 94
Found M'Aiq. My journey is complete.

He was the first npc I ran into. I posted a pic of him on my steam page.

Rep:
Level 97
6 bandits at once? no problem

1 ice troll? dead in 2 hits
I got one-hit by a bandit chief earlier. He had full steel plate on and an enchanted orc battle-axe and slammed me with a power attack when I was fighting one of his bitch minions.

But yeah ice trolls are harder than normal dragons.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Got banned along with my friends for hacking on Maplestory (LOL). I think this is a sign so I just bought Skyrim and am downloading now. 2.4MB/s don't fail me now! Time to play my PSP while I wait, too zzz

EDIT: I START NOW
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:31:01 AM by Master Moo »

Rep:
Level 97

The gods smile upon me, for letting me create such a fearsome weapon

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, so I started exploiting the iron dagger smithing like everyone else, but I can't find and dwemer ruins anywhere, or any help online about it. :(

Rep:
Level 97
Go to Markarth, there's a bunch in that general area. Prepare to get your ass raped. Oh and some chick in Riften with half of her face painted tells you where one is. The Dwemer materials weigh a shit-ton too, so be ready for that

Rep:
Level 96
These random dragon encounters are starting to piss me off. I've had two so far just in Whiterun, not counting the storyline related one at the beginning of the game, and just now I got whisked away to the abandoned shack for the Dark Brotherhood initiation and the SECOND I step outside another fucking dragon is breathing fire in my face.

Rep:
Level 97
I go hunting for dragons regularly. Every piece of armor I make from them sells for a thousand gold, and the souls are nice too. Just wait till one attacks you on a bridge and he wont ever land, that's annoying.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Spoiler for Dear god Moo, the only time you ever make a large post. Nobody wants to see it:
[sse]I found a chest with a Master lock on it. I had 20+ lockpicks and I thought I could open it up (because I did it before) I go through until I have 3 left until I realize I should save and then try until I can get it open. I have Lockpick Level 24 and I've been trying to open this chest for the past 30 minutes. ._.

EDIT: 10 minutes later (for a total of 40 minutes spent) and it's finally open. The items are meh and definitely not worth the time, but I'm a fucking patient badass yeah.

EDIT2: Now I'm faced with a wooden door with an Adept lock with one lockpick. No problem, gonna get on this. ONLY TWO TRIES. HELL YEAH IM A MASTER LOCKER PICKER[/sse]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:17:00 AM by Dovahkiin »

Rep:
Level 96
Oh shit, so, I was going to this place for a quest, and noticed there was a dragon head marker nearby, so I went to that first. I took down the dragon easily enough, but then there was like lich king asshole there, too. But the dragon word wall had THREE words on it. And I happened to have 3 souls saved up. I learned the Throw Voice shout which, if you use all three words, only has a 5 second recharge. It makes enemies think you're somewhere you're not. And I'm playing as a thief/assassin. The only way I beat the lich kind asshole was by sneaking over, getting a sneak attack with my bow, using the marked for death shout (another amazing power, it permanently reduces health/defense, and it stacks, if you keep doing it) and then I would hide until he couldn't find me, and sneak attack/mark for death again.

So yeah, the marked for death and throw voice shouts are pretty much going to make my assassin character unstoppable, now.

God I love this game.

Rep:
Level 96
also, lol it says things like "hey skeever butt" when you use throw voice

Rep:
Level 97
Loool, I haven't gotten that. I just found the storm shout though, if you get past the 180 second recharge time it wrecks shit. Makes dragon fights so much easier.

Arlen have you fought a dragon priest yet? Probably hardest enemy for me so far and I'm a battlemage.

Rep:
Level 96
I think that's what that lich king asshole was. He came out of a coffin, and floated around throwing spells at me. And he had a name, and a Dr. Doom mask that I took from his dead body.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Those masks are stupid powerful (at least some of them)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I found dragon remains at the Whiterun Stables, and I didn't get a soul or anything because I wasn't there when it happened. :c Is someone else Dragonborn??? :mad:

Rep:
Level 83
The other day i was looking at the sweet map you get when you per-ordered to realize that there are X's on it, later after relating them to some treasure maps i found and the locations of said treasure, the X's line up.

So if you got a map, you should check out all those X's on it.

One thing I miss from oblivion is being able to grab and move objects in the world.

You still can, on counsel i know of, you just hold down the take key.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:18:02 PM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
(Just went and read older comments)

What difficulty are you guys playing on? I seem to take out Frost Trolls pretty easily with my mace/shield and a bit of Fire Breath shouts.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Guys.

Guys you need to read this, it's hilarious.

http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-skyrim-teaching-your-children-how-to-perform-rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/

Spoiler for:

99% sure its trollin but its still hilarious.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Loool, I haven't gotten that. I just found the storm shout though, if you get past the 180 second recharge time it wrecks shit. Makes dragon fights so much easier.

Arlen have you fought a dragon priest yet? Probably hardest enemy for me so far and I'm a battlemage.

I found an easy maneuver to win. Hop on a pointy rock with just a hair's amount of space for you to move on. They shoot mostly at just your core, so when they shoot, just side step (unless the rock you're on is around other stuff then the AOE would get you). But yeah, ya can't really sidestep those on the ground because of the AOE on the ground itself. But pointy rocks, man. They work like a charm. Helps I'm an archer too I suppose.

Rep:
Level 83
^ Yea that's being cheap, but i do it all the time as well. Also some enemies just seem to not do anything, i was in a dungeon and at the end was a larger boss that didn't bother to fight back but would chase me around. All i had to do was just mash the attack button till it died. Was kind of a let down.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Guys.

Guys you need to read this, it's hilarious.

http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-skyrim-teaching-your-children-how-to-perform-rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/

Spoiler for:

99% sure its trollin but its still hilarious.
The lack of wisdom in the world in discerning whether or not something is satire (as seen by the Facebook comments below) disturbs me.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:04:54 PM by Anski »
bringing sexy back

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
nopenopenope

Rep:
Level 96
Don't install the update.

Rep:
Level 98
oh god I already did why shouldn't I

Rep:
Level 96
It fixes these known bugs:
UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
Dragon corpses now clean up properly
Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
Funny how every single one of the "rare" bugs are bugs that happen to me on a daily basis. ::)

However, people are reporting that the update creates more problems than it solves.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/1-2-Patch-for-Skyrim-Breaks-Resistances-Has-Backward-Flying-Dragons-237506.shtml

I don't know if it's true or not, personally, but I'm fine with 1.1, so I'll just keep playing 1.1.

Rep:
Level 97
Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

I have noticed this a thousand times over

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I've only noticed improvement since the update, personally. The ESC thing is awesome, and I haven't yet noticed any of the UI bugs I had before, or encountered any new ones.

Rep:
Level 94
The PS3 savebug has been an issue since the start. Any save files over 5mb cause lag in the world. I haven't had any problems on PC though.

Rep:
Level 97
The 5MB thing is a myth. It just depends on how long you leave it on.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
My brother got the game today .__.

Rep:
Level 96
http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/11/30/skyrims-patch-1-2-has-a-few-issues/
Says PC Gamers are safe ?_? Not sure though.
Well, if it fixes the infuriating button mapping issues, then I'll get the update.

Seriously, you can't play as a mage on PC because it becomes impossible to correctly map a spell to the hand you want to map it too. Sometimes it's left hand only, no matter what key you press. Sometimes it's the right hand only. Awful. I hope they fixed that, and also the complete LACK of being able to view and rotate items in the inventory. I have to squint my eyes to see the symbols on the dragon claws because I can't zoom in or move it around in the menu.

Rep:
Level 96
Installed the update on my PC.

Broke my install.

Can't play anymore.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
:|

On another note, they're releasing that Steam Workshop thing for Skyrim!

Rep:
Level 96
Installed the update on my PC.

Broke my install.

Can't play anymore.
About an hour ago, my PS3 froze while playing Skyrim. I had to unplug the thing to turn it off, and then it gave me a "the HD may be corrupted" message.

Thankfully, it wasn't, but oh my god, I was prepared to seriously freak out if it did. Not cool at all.

I'm pretty much okay with losing my PC save, though. I was done with all the sneaky character relevant quest lines anyway. My character is no mage, and wouldn't do well in the Companions, anyway. Well, it's not "lost," so to speak, but I probably won't bother trying to get my PC install fixed since I still have the PS3 version that I actually bought.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'm glad your PS3 (and Skyrim) are safe! You must have been distraught! Seriously... I can't tell you how many times my game system has broken and had to have been repaired. I was unhappy. But my problem ended up being a corrupted hard drive.

I haven't actually got to play Skyrim yet. Oh, but I will. Skyrim looks legendary. :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I take it back. The rivers are screwing up a tiny bit.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Modding tools are coming out in January, yay

Rep:
Level 96
I reinstalled, and got the update working. It fixes awful PC bugs like not being able to equip spells in specific hands properly, and not being able to examine/rotate items in the inventory menu.

BUT it adds new bugs, like not being able to cancel the lockpicking minigame, and certain popup dialogs, like the "are you sure you want to be this character" one at the beginning of the game won't let you choose "yes" OR "no," regardless of what key you press, or where you click with the mouse. I only managed to get through by loading a new game and switching to my XBox controller.

Jesus fucking Christ, Bethesda, get your shit together.

Rep:
Level 96
Also, if you read a book, be prepared to take it. It won't let you NOT take it in 1.2. ::)

I'll keep playing with 1.2, though, because that spell equip bug was absolutely awful, and at least they managed to fix that.

Rep:
Level 96
HOLY FUCK THE 1.2 UPDATE BREAKS FAST TRAVEL ON THE PC

Rep:
Level 96
So I stumbled upon a solution.

Download this mod: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=310#content

All it really does it add a text file deep in to the Skyrim/Data directory folder. It's meant to enable the 1-8 numbered hotkeys on the xbox controller, by adding a text file that remaps some controls and whatnot. BUT, if you leave the xbox controller disabled in the game's settings, it seems to unintentionally fix all the weird "tab doesn't exit alchemy/lockpicking" and "left click on map closes map instead of fast travel" problems. I guess it's because the game looks to this text file for overriding key assignments, and it fixes whatever those idiots at Bethesda fucked up when they made the 1.2 patch.

Hope this helps.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
No issues here in Mexbox land. also malson, that's not a 1.2 thing.

seriously that's an issue here, people are running into bugs they hadn't yet and being all "OH MAN MUST BE 1.2"

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I never said it had anything to do with 1.2, but I suppose I can see how you interpreted it that way. Like I said, I haven't noticed anything debilitating, and the minor bugs are no big deal. It's a Bethesda game, I knew what I was getting into. And was looking forward to it, for that matter.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
no, you didn't. I'm just saying, every bug players encounter after the patch is being called a 1.2 bug

Rep:
Level 96
I'm pretty sure if a bug wasn't present in 1.0 or 1.1, but appeared in 1.2, it can be called a 1.2 bug.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
"If I haven't seen it, it's new to me"

Rep:
Level 96
I'm not sure if you're even referring to some of the bugs I pointed out. I don't think you are, because you're too smart too just be plain wrong like that.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I'm not saying your bugs aren't 1.2, I'm just saying people are attributing some known bugs to 1.2 because they never saw them before hand.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
Good to see Bethesda's games are still buggy as hell.

Rep:
Level 97
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWGepV3sTYI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWGepV3sTYI</a>

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Good to see Bethesda's games are still buggy as hell.
As my first TES game, I'm glad to be having the full experience.

Rep:
Level 96
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2QL2iw_Gqc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2QL2iw_Gqc</a>

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Hahahaha what!

Rep:
Level 96
This is amazing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw</a>

Rep:
Level 85
What happens when you brawl and kill the other person...

Rep:
Level 96
THEN HE IS PUSSY AND YOU ARE A FUCKING BADASS

Rep:
Level 97
I made an unarmed character a few days ago ;o

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Holy shit I'm so inspired by that unarmed viking.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQTV43g-hAo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQTV43g-hAo</a>

Hahaha this guy is awesome.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Robbaz is pretty great.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
This game is like crack cocaine.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You snort Skyrim, purchase it for $500 a gram and it ruins your relationship with everyone you hold close?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm stuck at the part where I sneak into the Thalmor Embassy. ._. I can't get out.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
what do you mean you can't get out?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Idk I've checked all the corpses for the key for the trapdoor to leave, but I can't find it zzz

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Talk to the prisoner then some shit happens and you get out. lol

-Talk to him again, that is.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Shit, I killed him.

Rep:
Level 85
There has to be a way out of it >.<

i fully enchanted my stuff... 700 weapon attack with one sword, and i dont spend any magicka lighting things on fire :3

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

I don't get it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Maybe there's a switchblade hidden inside.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Love this game. So friggin' awesome. I'm going bare-handed with my Khajiit right now. Already own whatever crosses my path. xD

@Ploopy:
Did the guards already come in and tell you to surrender (and then kill the captive if you don't surrender)? If so, the guard who killed him should have the key. Sometimes bodies can be thrown into the wall and disappear, hope that didn't happen to you. :O

Also, check the guards before the room with the prisoner you killed. They might carry it as well.
Winter is Coming

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Favorite combo of the game: Paralyze spell. Then FUS RO DAH. Too fun. :V

Try it on Jarl Ulfric in his throne sometime if you can. He doesn't die. Neither does anyone around him give a damn (including him) that you do that to him (as long as you don't hit anyone else with your FUS RO DAH). Unless they fixed it and Ulfric gets pissed now. :X
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Favorite combo of the game: Paralyze spell. Then FUS RO DAH. Too fun. :V

Try it on Jarl Ulfric in his throne sometime if you can. He doesn't die. Neither does anyone around him give a damn (including him) that you do that to him (as long as you don't hit anyone else with your FUS RO DAH). Unless they fixed it and Ulfric gets pissed now. :X

Also if you have high magic dual Paralyze on Ulfric and Galmar Stone-Fist, then FUS RO DAH them both! Just like Ulfric, no one will care. xD

Rep:
Level 94
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHXt6n1QhM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHXt6n1QhM</a>

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsqiSknjHK8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsqiSknjHK8</a>

Rep:
Level 96
everything sounds better with tons of reverb

Rep:
Level 94
I'm a loser.