RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Gaian Monsters

Poll

No Question

Invalid
0 (0%)
Invalid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thanks for voting! I'm not sure with this forum but on OmegaDev the votes are tied o.O

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet or not, but I'll throw some constructive advice out there if you need it :) This is just what I have to say from looking at your screenshots.

-I think you should try using mack tilesets instead of the RTP, they look MUCH better. Your mapping is better then mine was when I first started RPGVX, so I think you'd do pretty well with Mack's tilesets. They can be found here: http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/modules/refmap/index.php?mode=vx-map (click ENGLISH in the corner to put the page in english, if it isn't already).

-Another hint for mapping. Use Lunarea's fabulous stuff xD and try out some parallex mapping (i havent been on RPGVX for awhile, I may have used the wrong word there, but I will return to my RPGVX ways soon). This can be kind of difficult, so you don't HAVE to do this at all but it makes everything look more cluttered and realistic and there is no limit to how much stuff you can use. I'll attach an example of something I've made with parallex mapping. It's not the most fabulous, but compared to what I'd normally do I was actually quite proud of myself for this one *sniff*.

Anyways, I hope I was of any help! ^^
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:12:55 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The thing with parallax mapping is that it takes forever and increases your filesize (if you do it with every map). If you do use parallax mapping, I suggest you have a look at one of Exhydra's excellent tutorials on optimizing filesize.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thanks fro all your helop Yuyu!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The poll is being ended early since I have decided to do both fashions!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
New poll about battle stytle! I'm gonna make a version with Sideview and a version with Requiem but I want to know which one I should use first!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Just make one.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I want to do both it wouldn't be to hard :D

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Making another version of the same game just to change the battle system is dumb. Just pick one. Either that or make some way of changing the battle style from the menu.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The only way I know of doing that is using melody... I'm already using Tankentai though

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
This si being dealt with so only 1 game file will be needed :P

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
bump o.O Didn't realize it's been a month D:

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
It's never ok for the topic-starter to bump without good reason.  Good reasons include: News about release dates or abandonment, new information regarding the project (including screens and just general information), asking opinions from those watching your topic regarding your game, and any other sorts of announcements.

You simply bumped because no one had commented on your game for a month, as far as I can see...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Have you even done anything with this game?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
you were banned from Omega dev for spam....I see your last three posts in this thread are spam....Maybe you should learn and grow. Also DON'T BUMP unless you have something to offer like new features, new screen shots or something new.

Another thing:

Only make ONE game with ONE battle style. We dont care how we kill the monsters or capture your pokemon rip off creatures, what we care about is the story and the character development.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Adrian: Infinate's posts are not spam, at least in the sense of the kind we'd actually dish out bans for. His posts tend to be generally pointless and sometimes even annoying, true, but we're certainly not going to ban him for that. If we banned people just for making useless posts or being annoying, I'm pretty sure that all of us (even you) would have to be banned at some point.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I didnt say you would, I am saying he was banned for two weeks from Omegadev for posts like this....Just pointing it out so he doesn't become...annoying. How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
You banned someone simply because you thought they were annoying?

Edit: Also, my apologies to Infinate for going off-topic a bit.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
My apologies as well and No I am not a moderator there. I am just a humble user.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I didnt say you would, I am saying he was banned for two weeks from Omegadev for posts like this....Just pointing it out so he doesn't become...annoying. How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.

Weren't you banned from like every other rpg maker site for being an insufferable jerk? ?_?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:13:01 PM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
You know what? I'm tired of post like these. From now on if your post has no relevance to my game, is just another post saying "I don't like your game", or a comment to a post that another user stupidly made, don't post it here. I understand now that I should've posted something with some relevance with my last post, and I won't pointlessly bump again. I'm going to start reporting posts that are just pointless spam.

I have some more progression and I'll post here within a few days. Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7 so I can't  ;8

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Making another version of the same game just to change the battle system is dumb. Just pick one. Either that or make some way of changing the battle style from the menu.

Yup I was recently IP banned from RRR and RPmaker vx forums. I hang out here and in Omega Dev.

You know what? I'm tired of post like these. From now on if your post has no relevance to my game, is just another post saying "I don't like your game", or a comment to a post that another user stupidly made, don't post it here. I understand now that I should've posted something with some relevance with my last post, and I won't pointlessly bump again. I'm going to start reporting posts that are just pointless spam.

I have some more progression and I'll post here within a few days. Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7 so I can't  ;8

Thats being a bit dramatic...in no way does it say "we hate your game"....

Rep:
Level 82
I believe those were examples of what he doesn't want to see, not what he has been seeing. I hate to seem like back-seating, but these last set of posts aren't really offering much within the context of the thread. It should probably stop before it gets a little out of control. Let's just keep it on topic for a change.

Looking forward to seeing what progress has been so far, Infinate.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I am just a humble user.
Humble? I'm surprised you haven't been
banned... for being an insufferable jerk
How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.
Why do we always have to tell people this... REP DOESN'T MATTER. Overall, I have just over -800 rep. I don't care. And I'll tell you this, your words don't necessarily not matter. I'm a scripter, you think people don't think my words matter?
Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7
Thanks man. :fistbump:
Sorry for this post, I just don't like it when stuff like this happens when I'm offline. Continue your work, let us know of any updates.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Why don't I click Yuyu's links? I finally did and I LOVE these tiles! I'm using them and once I finish updating the maps I'll post some screeshots.