RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
XP - Weapon Condition

Rep:
Level 83
Weapon Condition
Version: 1.4
Author: Mr Wiggles
Date: May 17, 2010

Version History

• <Version 1.4> 5/17/10 - Fixed bug when un-equipping, Made weapons condition effect the sell value, Made a Repair shop to pay for repairs.
  • <Version 1.0> 5/15/10 - Original Release

Planned Future Versions

• <Version 2.0> Armor conditions, more compatible with other scripts.

Description

You know in fall out and oblivion where the more you use your weapon the more it gets damaged, soon you are un-able to use it at all with out repairing it or getting a new one.  This script does just that.

Features

• Change damage chance that will happen to the weapon in a percentage scale.
  • Item, Shop, Battle, Equip windows have been edited to show a mini health bar of the weapons condition
  • weapons of the same condition state are grouped together
  • <Version 1.4> Weapons condition effects its sell value
  • <Version 1.4> Repair shop to buy services to repair weapons

Screenshots
Spoiler for:
Equip Window:

Item Window:

Shop Window:

Battle Window:

Repair shop:

Instructions

Just paste above main, bellow all the default scripts, change some stuff in the script header and follow its instructions.

Script

Its in the demo.

Support

Post your questions / comments here.

Known Compatibility Issues

This script rewrites quite a few chunks of the Equip, Item, Battle, Shop Scenes so chances are that any script you have that changes those will not work.

Demo

Demo v1.4

Author's Notes

You are free to take this script and edit it in any way you see fit, HOWEVER I still need to be credited as the original author some where.

Restrictions
Don't post this on any other forums with out my permission.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 04:54:49 PM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Awesome. Reminds me of Fire Emblem's Durability System. But I don't understand why you titled it "Weapon Condition".

Rep:
Level 83
Well eh, right now that's all it does, I might change it, and its weapon condition state.

I couldn't think of a good name.. :P
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks good Wiggles! Durability scripts are hard to write though, since items aren't by default saved as individual instances. I haven't looked at the code or anything, but at the very least I congratulate the effort and the scenes you wrote look pretty, so nice work!

Rep:
Level 83
When you said that they weren't saved, i quickly checked to make sure that when you save / load your weapons are still there, they are. :D

Thanks modern.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Can you make each individual weapon have its own health? I have 2 bronze swords but with the same health. Though one should be new and the other should be damaged.

Rep:
Level 83
They do already, when a weapon is added into the inventory it makes a random condition of 70 - 90 points. Its also more likely to get a 70 then any other number.  So this is why they have the same condition cause they do at the moment. when you start to use one its condition will lower and it wont be grouped with the other sword unless their conditions match again.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMRK Junior
The download link doesnt seem to work

Rep:
Level 83
[fixed download link, updated script]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 04:55:10 PM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 83
Kiss My Joystick
I like it ! *gives Mr_Wiggles a cookie*

Rep:
Level 83
*takes cookie*

any suggestions to add in the update? (other then add armor conditions)
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
This looks like an awesome script!
Out of interest, in theory should it work with battle scripts like BlizzABS (I mean the weapon degrading)?

Rep:
Level 83
yea, when i get the time im gonna make a version for XAS, i could also look into making one for blizz. (when i find the time that is)

it fairly easy to set up once you see how i have it configured, if you know scripting you could make it work. the weapon will be damaged when its used (just search in Blizz where the action key is and plug in the lower condition method i have in the script there)  or you could wait till i find the time to do this.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll wait until you can do it, seeing as I'm not that confident with scripting yet.