RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FF6 Tilesets!

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Welcome to Magi's try at ripping the tilesets from Final Fantasy 6. I have come a long way, hard to believe, but its true. I can rip tilesets now, my only problem so far is autotiles and what should be autotiles.
But, I thought I should show everyone what I have done so far first:

Spoiler for Screenshots::
f

Yay, there wasn't a door. There will be one once I figure out the mechanics of autotiles and placement of them...Oh, and those images are new ;)

Spoiler for Videos: In Action tilesets.:
[youtube]jMECgdNerdw @ youtube (can't find the code...)[/youtube]

The video is very old, I have done so much, and have managed to figure out how to set passages and properties. That was the easy part...

Spoiler for Cities/Towns/Caves/Placed Done::

Spoiler for Narshe: 65% done:
Narshe Village: Complete
Narshe Village inside houses: Nearly complete, need to autotile the inside of the house (the "roof" I guess that's what it is.)
Narshe Caves (Cart Mines): Nearly complete, need to make the walls into autotiles and then the cart tracks into autotiles
Narshe Caves (Battle Room): Nearly complete, need to learn how to make Autotiles
Narshe Cliff Scene (start of the game): Complete
Narshe Northern Cliff (Where you fight for the Esper against Kefka): Nearly done -- autotiles info needed.
Narshe Caves (Area where you get Umaro): Haven't started yet, but I do know I can do it fast, it'll be the autotiles that's the problem.

Spoiler for Figaro Castle::

Outside of Figaro: (???)
Inside of Figaro: (???)
Autotiles of Figaro: (???)
Anything else: (???)

It should be relatively easy, because I was looking at it -- not much to miss.

South Figaro Caves
[/size]

South Figaro Caves: (???)
South Figaro Caves (Part 2): (???)
South Figaro Caves Autotiles: (???)

South Figaro (City)
[/size]

Outside (while inside lol) South Figaro: (???)
South Figaro (Inside of houses): (???)
Anything else in South Figaro: (???)

[color="#FF8C00"]Little House North of South Figaro[/color]
[/size]

Little House (Sabin's home): (???)

Spoiler for Mount Koltz::

Mount Koltz (Outside): (???)
Mount Koltz (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Returners' Hideout::

Returners' Hideout (Outside?): (???)
Returners' Hideout (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Imperial Base::

Imperial Base (Outside): (???)
Imperial Base (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Castle of Doma::

Castle of Doma (Outside): (???)
Castle of Doma (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Phantom Forest::

Phantom Forest (Outside): (???)
Phantom Forest (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Baren Falls::

Baren Falls (Outside?): (???)
Baren Falls (Inside?): (???)

Spoiler for The Veldt::

The Veldt: (???)

Spoiler for Mobliz::

Mobliz (Outside): (???)
Mobliz (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Crescent Mountain::

Crescent Mountain (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Nikeah::

Nikeah (Outside): (???)
Nikeah (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Kohlingen::

Kohlingen (Outside): (???)
Kohlingen (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Jidoor::

Jidoor (Outside): (???)
Jidoor (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Zozo::

Zozo (Outside): (???)
Zozo (Inside): (???)

Spoiler for Opera House::

Opera House: (???)

Spoiler for Albrook::
(???)

Spoiler for Tzen::
(???)

Spoiler for Miranda::

(???)

Spoiler for Vector::
(???)

Spoiler for Seal Gate::
(???)

Spoiler for Esperville::
(???)

Spoiler for Thamasa::
(???)

World Map (World of Balance):
XXXXX

World Map (World of Ruin):
XXXXX

A lot to do, but it will be easy as soon as I know a few things, promise.

Things I must learn first:

1: How to properly make a autotile
2: How to properly Animated Autotiles

That's all for now....

And finally, the update log:

Updates as of August:
1: 6-12th -- finished Narshe and Narshe caves, need autotile.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:55:02 PM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You take screenshots of emulated games, cut out tiles, and put them into a tileset.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
How would that work? I need to make it into XP format and I used VBA and this is what I got...

http://i42.tinypic.com/f3xl7b.jpg

Looks a bit small...
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Resize it. Duh.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Wouldn't it come out...blurry and bad?  ???

And, how would I know where to place each piece? Or can I just pick?
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 102
It will not come out blurry unless you're using interpolation. Open it in paint and resize it by 300% or 400% or whatever makes the tiles 32x32.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
I don't have paint...but I do have GIMP, is that good?

Also...like this?

Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 102
No. Open the entire tileset in whatever image editing software you have and make it like 200% larger or something until every tile is 32x32.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Okay...here is my result.

Ah? Doesn't it look a bit....blurry?
http://i39.tinypic.com/28s60ly.jpg
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:44:44 AM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 102
It will not come out blurry unless you're using interpolation.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
GIMP doesn't have that  :=:
Darn, I'll try Corel and Photoshop.
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 102
It's obviously using interpolation because it's blurry. Interpolation makes it blurry so it doesn't appear pixelated after resizing. There must be a way to disable interpolation.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Okay...I've messed with the settings, and this is what I got. Any better?

http://i42.tinypic.com/2cs78zn.jpg
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:13:52 PM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Bump for for the goodies! :)

Okay, this is what I got so far :) It works too! But I need to know if there are any see-able errors in the graphics, anyone wanna test it for me? Also, now I just need to figure out how to make the "AUTOTILES" out of the FF6 tiles.

Spoiler for:

If anyone would like to test what I have, here is the file.

Ignore the red and green, as I just for right now, needed to remove the colors around the tree. The plants and grass should work. If you see any errors, could you tell me about? Also, I just need to find out how to make the "Autotiles" now. Also, I see a few errors in the tree, but I can easily fix that ^.^

:D

So, is it good?  :P
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
it looks cool : D
as for programs that don't use interpolation, Im sure ms paint doesn't.
and, if you need sprite from zelda I think that NVM

http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/zeldatiles.png
there its from the 3D zelda though XD

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Really? Woo! I'm completing Mobliz Balance for right now. And then I'm gonna move on to Narshe, Tzen, Jidoor, Mobliz Ruin, Figaro, Doma, South Figaro, Thamasa, Veldt Cave, Kefka's Tower, Imperial Base, Phantom Forest, Nikeah, Zozo, Opera House, Vector, Base, Sealed Gate, Albrook and then Maranda lol
(that's a lot. It will take some time....)

Also, is that Zelda set from the N64 game? o.O

EDIT:
Feedback anyone? :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:45:24 AM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
BUMP!

Okay, I know this is a old thread, but it turns out my computer was blocking most of the Editor's options, but now that I've set that up, I created a tileset quickly. Its not in order...as I'm trying to figure the order out. This was done using a hack and a editor, ripping the tilesets I mean. And putting them in working order will take me years! :c

Hopefully not though, for if I can figure out how to set up the passage for the tilesets, it won't take me forever >.>

This is what I have of Narshe (I mean by tileset, not by the actual look of Narshe lol). I have more, but I wanted to test it out. It seems I can't set the passage for going under a bridge or anything like that. It just won't let me.   :o

(Video in a moment)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMECgdNerdw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMECgdNerdw</a>

Anyway, could someone test them for me and maybe help me figure out how to properly set the tilesets? Or am I doing it wrong?

Feedback please! Also, I would appreciate it if someone could test it for me and report back to help me if you find any errors. :)

*Also, for those who care, the newest update of GIMP can increase sprite size without ruining the image. Select none in the dropdown box when you select the "Resize" tab. It'll work :)

EDIT2:
No need to help set the passages, I think I figured it out :)

I do need help with "Auto" tiles. Does anyone know how to create auto tiles? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:05:16 AM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Update again!

I've nearly done with Narshe! I have a few ropes to do, the mountains and then the autotiles, and then I'm done with Narshe's town. Next will be the inside of the houses, and then the caves -- which will be easy -- and then the battle hill of Narshe. Then I'm completely done with Narshe.

Here is a screenshot of my resent test of the tilesets. I hurried up and uploaded, but behind the tips the tops of the rocks, are flooring. But that's now gone in the actual tileset. I just didn't have time to screenshot again lol

So, is it coming along nicely, or bad?

Expect more news soon! Any feedback would help me :)
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Update!

I think I found out to make autotiles, so maybe this will shorten my my time of learning how to do things, down a lot. :)
Can someone test it out for me? I'm not sure if its good, but...

Here is an update!
*Again, please ignore the tiles behind the tips of the cliffs. And if it looks like the rocks on the ground still have tile behind them, its because I put tile on all layers and forgot to erase the extra ones >.>

Spoiler for:

Any feedback will help me greatly! Thanks for reading!

*Also, I think this thread should now be in a different place. I'm not sure, but it seems like it doesn't belong in requests anymore lol
Just sayin' :)*
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:36:38 AM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
You will die with honor...
I like that sig, I should try something like that! btw nice post.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
 um, thank you. By the way, I used GIMP on transparency c:

Also, I don't have images up yet, but there is a major update. I have autotiles, Narshe outside complete, caves 80% complete and then I have to start on the inside of the houses. I can't seem to do the houses, its a little confusing >.>

But I should be able to be done with the houses soon :D
Winter is Coming

program used?

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
For what? The sig, or which RPG game maker is this for? I'll just answer both.
Sig = GIMP
RPGgm = XP (since I don't like VX and I'm not even sure if adding tilesets can be done lol)

Okay! I'm down with the mountains! I'm working on the caves (I'm not sure if the recolored caves are really needed...but I'll do them anyway, I guess.) right now, which is pretty easy. The biggest problem for all ripping for me though, is the inside of the houses.

I can't seem to do the sides of the inside, the walls, I mean. They come out messed up. I'm thinking its supposed to be autotile, but I'm not sure lol

Anyway, this Sunday (if I manage to get the PC) I will try and post a video of my progress. :)

Thanks for reading!
Winter is Coming

Instructions? I've never used this program b4. 

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Alright, started up on it....I've encountered a problem, similar if not exactly, like the one problem I encountered inside the houses.

My problem is the sides of the map, where ever it may be at the moment. I tried everything I could think of, and each time it is either lower or higher than the rest of the tileset and cannot match up with it. I'm thinking a autotile will do, but I'm not sure what to do. This problem is a little too hugh for me to handle right now >.>

Spoiler for:

Something keeps tellin' me Autotile, but then I go "there would be too many tiles to fit into the autotile template :<

So....anyone wanna help me?  :-[ I'll give you a nice, big and warm hug!  ;)
Winter is Coming