RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FF6 Tilesets!

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Oh, I thought animation tiles go into the wider template? Oh well, you know more than me lol

I have ripped a perfect graphic and have resized. As soon as I get over my flu, I'll post what I did :)
Winter is Coming

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Oh, I thought animation tiles go into the wider template?

if you mean my template i gave you, no... I didn't make a template for the animation tiles... In order to make it, I believe you have to make three autotiles using the template I gave you, and combine them, side by side, to form the animated autotile...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Combine them?

Isn't there a width/height restriction to the autotiles? :O
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
no...? im pretty sure you can put up to four templates next to each other to get the animation effect in there. im pretty sure of it, if not someone will correct me.
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
That's for RPG Maker XP, which I notice you use, so yeah. VX it's different.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
So XP can do it, but VX can't, right?

:P
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
VX has animated tilesets too.

They are just set up differently from XP tilesets...

They contain 3 animation states, as you can see in tileset A1... And you place them sid e by side.

I assumed that they would all be the same size... But they aren't... wierd... Anyways, this is the template that you need to fit an animated autotile to... I think it's right, or it might be 2x as big as it needs to be... Each set (that is, each group of green, yellow, brown and blue) is a different animation state, or frame, for the animation.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
And that template is for XP and not VX? Just want to make sure.

(Plus I can barely understand...I have a problem :( )
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
*Facepalm*

I'm an idiot.

I forgot you were working with XP... Tomorrow, I'll post an XP template... sorry...

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
*coughs*
You already did. In this thread. In this post.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
for an animated auto-tile, is what I meant...

Although it is a pretty simple change, it still would be easier to provide a template than a paragraph of explanation... especially because I already did that once, methinks...

basically, use this template, with the center squares as the "initial" animation. The initial animation would show after each frame, so it would be:

frame 2 (initial frame)
Frame 1
Frame 2 (Initial Frame)
Frame 3
Frame 2 (Initial Frame)

At least... I think that's how it works...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:03:16 PM by Sashikinaroji »

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Okay, thought I should  update. I'm trying to find all the inverse corners (Interior corners) to the hay, and this is what I have so far lol

Still messed up, but I'm getting there!

Also, I'm not sure if this is for VX as well, but I did some mega searching (which took me days! lol) and this is some information that I found.

You know the top middle box? Well, that is the autotile underneath what you are making. If you want dirt on grass, then the top middle would be the grass. If you wanted stone on snow, the top middle would be snow, so the stone knows what to lay on. If you leave it transparent, I guess (haven't tried it yet) it could still work, and you can use it on any tileset. But if you want to do edits and have it for one grassy/dirty/snowy area, then you'd fill it with the basic ground element. :D

I found this information on RPG Maker XP Tutorial.

In the top left-hand corner, we have the main tile. This consists of the four outermost corners of the large tile below. The middle tile at the top is the main tile which the autotile will tile with - in other words, another autotile that will tile with this autotile. For example, if you take a look at the waterfall autotile above, you will see that it has the main tile of the lake autotile here. This means that it will tile seamlessly with the lake.

So this is what I got from the above and your help, Sashikinaroji! I didn't want you to think I stopped this project! I'm not one to give up on my stuff ^,^

The top right still needs the four inverse (Interior as you told me ^,^) corners, and I'm finding it right now, but I wanted to share my progress! ;D

(You can see it still needs editing though around the botton 96x96 grid lol)

EDIT:
Oh wow! Thanks for the animation autotiles, Sash! :D That will help with the fire, water, and the lave and I'm thinking I want to edit the sand to make it look like the wind is blowing it around, but I'm not sure :P

Oh, and I might try wavy grass :D
Winter is Coming