RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Vehicles - by: albertfish

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
RMXP Vehicles
Version: 1.2
Author: albertfish
Date: December 16, 2009 (of most recent version)

Version History

• Version 1.2: December 16, 2009
         - Added more configurable variables
         - Added to the instructions
  • Version 1.1: December 16, 2009
         - Fixed compatibility issues with XAS
  • Version 1.0: December 14, 2009
         - Initial release

Description

This script adds vehicles into RPG Maker XP.

Features

• Customizable vehicle speeds
  • Customizable vehicle graphics
  • Customize how to call the events
  • Easy to setup and use and extremely user friendly
  • Plug and play, no need for any lengthy setup or install

Screenshots

Refer to the demo.

Instructions

Usage instructions are contained within the initial comments of the script. To install, simply place  above main.

Script

The script will be attached to this post.

Credit

• albertfish

Thanks

• To the creators of the RPG Maker for removing the vehicles in the XP version...(sigh)

Support

If you discover any bugs with this script, please send me a PM describing the problem and when it happens.

Known Compatibility Issues

(Fixed in version 1.1) Incompatible with XAS.

Demo

Demo available and attached to post! The demo contains version 1.1 of the script, please download the newest version 1.2.

Author's Notes

Enjoy! This script was designed to be as user friendly as possible.

Restrictions

You may use this in your game commercial or non-commercial as long as proper credit is given.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 01:16:24 AM by albertfish »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
New version available, version 1.2. This version adds some more configurable variables, along with instructions on how to set up the raft and the ship, that were left out in previous versions.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
It doesn't work yet with any Catapillar Script, maybe an idea for a next fix?
For the rest, all I can do is drool over your script  ;8

Rep:
Level 82
OMG OMG It's you!! Who? IDK! =3
If you open the menu while riding something you BECOME it!  :o

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

OMG OMG OMG I wanted to be Roxas! Oh wait... He is from Kingdom Hearts T-T

Look what I made being an ashole:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMXP Fanatic
Great script Albertfish! Especially since i really needed one of these for my project. I use mine for mounts as opposed to vehicles, but with a little sprite-customizing it's a piece of cake!  ;D

I do have a couple problems with it though. Like stated above, whenever entering status screen with the character, the vehicle becomes lost but still retains everything from the vehicle, except unable to dismount from it. Another issue i have is that when i "enter vehicle" the character graphic does not change to the vehicle. It stays the same as the normal character graphic but 'acts' as the vehicle still.

Any suggestions?

Rep:
Level 89
Interesting concept, but with minor things that should be looked at. Like when accessing the menu I am a frog. If it's suppose to be a vehicle system then some simple scripting will solve the issue of the vehicle appearing as the character.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Pretty useful if you need a world map in xp.

Rep:
Level 82
Is there any way to make the vehicles only land/dismount in a certain area????? At the moment, I can get out of an airship over water. Not cool.

Rep:
Level 85
Perhaps you can prevent a dismount key from bieng used while floating over a terrain tag that is water

use a parallel process and check for actors terrain tag.

Rep:
Level 82
How would I disable it?

Rep:
Level 85
Whoops, i think i made a mistake, it can't be disabled, however, you could have a text message pop up when a key is bieng pressed that says you can't dismount here. That may override the exiting