RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
November POTM Voting

Poll

Which of these projects should be the Project of the Month for November?

Magus Magus
7 (36.8%)
LINUS
3 (15.8%)
Desomiom
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: November 02, 2009, 08:53:56 PM

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Something new for PotM - the community gets to make the final decision! The new system is that RMRK+ narrows the list of potential candidates down to 3 or 4, and these nominees then go to the final vote at your hands. The projects that do not win will be disqualified from consideration for next month's poll, so take care with your vote as the other projects will not have another chance at PotM until December. You each have 1 vote that you can change at any point in the proceeding. The poll expires on November 2.

The Candidates

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Irock for the win!  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Tick tock. Voting ends on November 2.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I vote for magus magus because:

a.) Bullet Hell Brawl
b.) 3d graphics
c.) Unique Gameplay and hilarious characters

Which are extremely good for an indie developer, that's an extremely rare sight.  :blizj:

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
c.) Unique Gameplay

Which are extre

bull

Geometry Wars. And so many other games.

Irock better win >:O

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Hm, I haven't played Irock's game yet, and I'm downloading right now and about to test it, but at the moment it's a tie for me between magus magus and Desomiom, i'll edit and vote after i play iRock's game. I voted for irock's game because it was pretty fun. The story was meh but i liked the puzzles and gameplay. The mapping was nice, though a bit cluttered at times. I didn't pick magus magus because i can't play it. It looks great though.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 07:50:01 AM by Kuja »

Rep:
Level 87
My vote goes for LINUS - So far I have enjoyed it better than Desomiom and in particular I just don't like games like Magus Magus, even though it's pretty swell.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I voted for LINUS too. Irock's game is great, but LINUS is one of the best traditional RPG RM games I've played after Quintessence. It has a lot of potential, I think, if it gets finished.

Rep:
Level 97
Okie dokes. Desomiom wins. Everyone congratulate Irock

Or Else...

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
c.) Unique Gameplay

Which are extre

bull

Dude those are shmups, magus magus is a 3D BULLET HELL+BRAWL (aka fighting game)

[Just thought to clear it up since I was checking why I suddenly got a -1 karma all of a sudden and saw this reply :p]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:50:36 AM by Nessiah »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
It looks like a multiplayer shmup with people instead of ships. 
Still a shmup.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
c.) Unique Gameplay

Which are extre

bull

Dude those are shmups, magus magus is a 3D BULLET HELL+BRAWL (aka fighting game)

[Just thought to clear it up since I was checking why I suddenly got a -1 karma all of a sudden and saw this reply :p]

I don't use rep.

And it'd still be a shmup.

Rep:
Level 85
Still a shmup.

A shmup is a vertical/horizontal shooter that shoots things to get to stages, in magus magus, it's like you guys are floating [whatever the platform hima is using right now :p] and brawl like in super smash brothers brawl, except you're doing bullet hell, a 4 player shmup?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Still a shmup.

A shmup is a vertical/horizontal shooter that shoots things to get to stages, in magus magus, it's like you guys are floating [whatever the platform hima is using right now :p] and brawl like in super smash brothers brawl, except you're doing bullet hell, a 4 player shmup?

magus magus is still top down (horizontal/vertical)
it's a multiplayer shmup with an original idea, but it's not much of a fighting game unless there's some sort of combo system.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
When did shmups have hp bars, also just one thing, combo system was invented AFTER the fighting genre is invented,  So I don't know how it is even possible to define a fighting game using combo system as a requirement. Btw, magus magus does have a combo system.

Magus Magus is a multiplayer fighting video game with shooting video game
elements.

The game focuses more on long-range attack rather than a close combat like other
fighting games. The play controls are also greatly simplified in comparison to other
fighting games. The game area resembles an arena shooting game, which allow
player to roam around the area freely in all 8 directions.
The game also feature bullet hell elements from bullet hell/curtain fire shooting
games. This ranges from a barrage attack to a special move that turn a character
into a shooting game boss, with the player be able to control the attack pattern.
The game can be played with as many as 4 players at a time, make it suitable for a
light party game. However, the game mechanic is also designed to be deep
enough for hardcore gamers to enjoy.
Anyway whatever let's leave it :p
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:49:39 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 84
Wow. I had no idea my game was nominated. Even though it didn't win, it's a huge honour guys. Thanks to the three people who voted! :)