RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
August PoTM Nominations

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Alright, for this month, we're going to try a new way of choosing the PoTM. The last method had one person choosing the PoTM most of the time. Now, we're trying to have more people involved. If this works well, we'll use it for all future PoTMs.

So, here's how it will go down, anyone may nominate a game for PoTM. However, an RMRK+ member must second the nomination (RMRK+ members who nominate their own project must still get another RMRK+ member to second it). Since it's already August, I'll give, say 48 hours for nominations (future nominations will have much more time). After we get the nominations in, RMRK+ will decide the PoTM.

Anyone nominating a game should give a link to the topic, so RMRK+ members can easily check it out.

Remember:
    * A game cannot win twice
    * You cannot nominate a game which you made I think now that RMRK+ must second a game, we'll leave this out.
    * It has to have enough material to have been moved out of New Projects section.
    * It cannot be an abandoned project

Games that will be considered for August's PoTM:
Legionwood, by Dark Gaia
Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains
Nora's Dragon Stories
Fall of the Living
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:48:20 PM by Falcon »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Can you only nominate one game?

In any case, I nominate Legionwood, by Dark Gaia

Rep:
Level 91
What's the rule for inactive projects? It looks like the author hasn't been active in a month.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Inactive projects can't win, but inactive users can and have, in the past. The only criteria is that the project has to be posted and advanced and still being worked on. The user's activity on RMRK has always been a nonissue.

Rep:
Level 91
I'll second it then.

I think as long as no one abuses it, anyone can nominate multiple projects.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I was filtering through the PoTM topic where MA announces the winner and I hadn't seen Tezuka's game. I want to nominate Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains. I just wasn't sure if it was chosen in the past. Which it doesn't look like it was, and I find his game to be one of the best fan games I've seen.

OH, and Nora's Dragon Stories by Japur too. I really like that his story is still pretty original while involving dragons and his mapping is some of the best I've seen. Looks like he got beat out for this before, but that was back when the previous winner just picked it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:02:34 PM by grafikal »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I want to nominate Eye of the Tiger IV for PotM.  Just the sheer "this is how not to make a game" parody of it makes it enjoyable.  Any seconds?

also Fall of the Living doesn't have a demo, but neither did Soul Raves and it won potm, so I'm nominating it.  It's long past time that this game got recognized.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 91
I'll second all three.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 91
I second all three serious games.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I wouldn't accept an Eye of the Tiger win. There are too many games with real effort put forward.

Rep:
Level 97
but that was back when the previous winner just picked it.

Both lost in a poll, so I don't see what the previous winner has to do with it :). Anyway, I like all three of those choices.

I'd also like to nominate Last Man's Stand and (yet again) World Crafters

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'll second these.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Both lost in a poll

My bad, I didn't know there was a poll before this.

Rep:
Level 97
Both lost in a poll

My bad, I didn't know there was a poll before this.

Well, they weren't very frequent. Only when the previous winner selected for a poll or if they were MIA and I selected for the poll.

Anyway:

I'd also like to nominate: Paradise Blue and An Empty Present - I am waiting for one

Rep:
Level 91
We might just let RMRK+ do all the nominations, it doesn't look like anyone outside of RMRK+ wants to do it.

I'll second Paradise Blue.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
We might just let RMRK+ do all the nominations, it doesn't look like anyone outside of RMRK+ wants to do it.

It's new, we should give it some time.