RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Last Man's Stand [RELEASE!]

Rep:
Level 83

-----------------------------------------------

Genre: Action/Shooting/Adventure
Maker: RPG Maker XP
Release Date: Part 1 - July
Official Website: http://www.lastmansstand.com

-----------------------------------------------

What is Last Man's Stand?

Last Man's Stand is a survival horror shooting game made in RMXP that I have been working on for a year and a half. You play as Joe Turner, the survivor of a zombie epidemic on a small island off the coast of America. The rest of the civilians living on island have been evacuated, and Joe, after receiving a zombie bite, is left behind...

It’s now the Seventh day. The first week is over. The creatures that have been terrorising the small island of the coast of America show no sign of giving way. They’re numbers are too great, and the Army cannot continue the fight against them. They are the undead. ‘Zombies’. Nobody has any idea where they have come from, or why. Hundreds are being killed every day. The General, Joe Turner, is woken by Sergeant Gills, who brings even graver news. The zombies have breached the defences in the blockade keeping them in the East of the city. Joe grabs his gun and runs to the defences, where the zombies are pouring through over the breach. The soldiers guarding it are no more, but as Joe and Gills watch, they rise again, and join the zombie army. Calling for reinforcements, Joe fires into the crowd of moaning and tripping bodies. Machine Guns flare up behind him, felling more, but as one falls, twenty crowd for its place. They are unstoppable. Joe calls for a retreat, and the army falls back. Suddenly, another sergeant runs up to him, and gives him the best news he has heard. The evacuation of the civilians was ready, and Joes tells him that they will give him as much time as possible to get everyone away. Then the battle continues. A fire explodes into life in front of the army. Many fall, and then rise again around them, and soldiers fight each other. But, as Joe and his army retreats more, the helicopters come up behind him. He calls for the final retreat, and the survivors pile into the machines. But as Joe tries to escape, one of the monsters jumps at him, and bites into his arm. Joe falls back. He swings his pistol round, and fires into the zombie’s face. It crumples, but so does Joe. Sergeant Gills nearly jumps back off to save him, but he is stopped by Lieutenant Slater. Joe looks up at them all from the ground, and calls out for them to leave, and to get as far away as possible. Then all goes dark, and he collapses...

When he wakes, the fire has burnt itself out, and no zombies are nearby. Pain is shooting through him, from the wound on his arm. He thanks the fire, for he knows it must have been the thing that kept the zombies from mauling him. He also knows that he is the only person left. He staggers to his feet, and looks around. All around him, the apartments are burnt and crumbling. He is in a side street. Blood is splattered everywhere, but no bodies. They are all wandering about in the city, hideously re-animated. Joe walks over to a wall and slumps against it. His pistol is nowhere to be seen, probably lost to the fire. He looks about him again. What does he do now?

Description: Joe is the sole survivor of a massive zombie breakout in his city. Although the odds of his survival for more than a day are extremely limited, he has a strong will to survive. He is a General in the army, and has had extensive weapons training. He is also very athletic, which means he can climb up piping and do all manner of stunts. He has training in Guns and building weapons. Later on in the game, he can also drive vehicles and use tools.

Spoiler for Character Art:

Full interactive HUD

A custom HUD made specially for guns. It features custom gun art which show off the weapon you have equiped. Below the Health Bar is your Infection Meter. At the start of the game, Joe is bitten, and the infection meter shows how much you are infected. It goes up bit by bit, and if it reaches the top, Joe will loose contiousness, and the game is over. You can lower your Infection Meter by using Medicines and Drugs, which can be found around the city. Once you find the cure to the zombie infection near the end of the game, the bar will dissapear.

Custom Lighting Effects

The custom lighting effects in the game help add a sence of atmosphere. Fire glows, street lamps cast shadows along the ground, and inside buildings, light is limited to small windows and, if you have one, a flashlight. Sometimes candles can be found in draws, and these can be used to give a permenant light source inside a building.

Zombie Hordes

The game features many zombies on screen at once, really pushing the limits of RMXP. They travel in hordes, and alown, and there is nothing more satisfing than blasting them apart with an AK47. The game features a custom ABS, which allows loads of Weapons and tools, all to be used for zombie destruction.

Gripping Storyline

And when you're not carving paths through the zombie crowds, there is a gripping storyline with loads of missions and puzzles to follow. You can choice when to follow the story, and if you do at all. There are plenty of missions that aren't to do with the storyline, and you can always just explore the city at your own free will. As soon as you complete the first 6 tutorial missions, the game is you're to do what you like. Your actions effect the story, and there are 4 alternitive endings for those who wish to search for them.

Weapons and Tools

As mentioned above, weapons and tools are on offer for those who search for them. Weapons and tools can either be found, by searching through the cities buildings, or unlocked through the Army Base, situated in the East of the Island. Weapons are unlocked by killing a certain number of zombies, completing a certain number of missions, finding a certain item, or killing a certain boss.

Exploration

Once completed, the city Joe lives in will be massive. Already, there is at least an hour of exploring, but there will be a lot more. The city isn't just a huge zombie playground, it is home to a dark secret. Follow the storyline, and you might just find out what it is...

Screenshots

Progress

This is an estimate on the progress of LMS:

Storyline [ | | | | | | | | | - ] 90% (written)
Sprites [ | | | | | - - - - - ] 50%
Scripts [ | | | | | | | | | - ] 90%
Mapping [ | - - - - - - - - - ] 15%
Storyline [ | - - - - - - - - - ] 15% (gameplay)
Events [ | - - - - - - - - - ] 10%
Overall [ | - - - - - - - - - ] 15% (not counting systems)

[size=200]Do you want to Support Last Man's Stand?[/size]

If you want to support Last Man's Stand, copy this userbar into your signature:

Code: text [Select]
[url=http://www.hbgames.org/forums/index.php?topic=44356.0][img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5183/userbar2tt2.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:24:28 PM by fox5 »

^A brand new RMXP game makers community! Click the link!^
Also, your chance to be a Moderator, click here!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I love the mapping. Very few games I've seen use modern tiles as well as you do. The mapping is very realistic.

It's very promising. The only thing I am a little skeptical of is the windowskin. I think that it looks a little dull - if it were nicer, then I think the scenes and messages would look a lot more impressive.

Anyway, this looks to be a great project. Best of luck!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Your mapping looks amazing, this is a fantastic looking project.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks, I've spent a long time getting the modern stuff to look right. Other people have mentioned about the windowskin before, and I agree, it's very dull and boring. It's just I can't seem to find a good one that suits the style of the game. I expect I'm going to end up making one myself, it's just whenever I go to do that, I end up running out of time. Before I release the full game, though, I'll get it replaced.

When I posted the main topic, I forgot to include the examples of the official soundtrack. Anyway, I'll post them here. As I think I've mentioned somewhere, the game has a whole soundtrack, composed by Sunny Singh, and here are the three 'released' pieces. The rest will be in the game.

The Last Man:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7356715&q=hi
The Last Man is the main theme of the game which introduces cues, themes, and principles that set the basis of the entire soundtrack.

Introducing Joe:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7359103&q=hi
Introducing Joe is a piece that is used in the opening credits of the game. It is Joe's theme, but has many cues and other themes that are heard based on the opening scene.

The Aggressive Movement:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7449000&q=hi
The Aggressive Movement is the basic battle music that can be heard through out the game.

These are all exclusive to LMS, so please don't try and copy them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:27:41 PM by fox5 »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Your mapping is amazing. I've tried searching for modern-day tilesets but this one just beats them all.
The concept it awesome, the HUD system is great. I also like the dog that comes in some screenshots.
Excellent.
I'm listening to the music right now~
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 83
Thank you. The dog, whose name is Rex, is part of the storyline later on in the game. I won't spoil how he appears, but after an incendent, Joe finds him, and Rex then sticks with him, and becomes a useful compainion, able to slip into small areas, and complete puzzles and get items, that Joe could not before. Also, you can listen to all the music on the LMS music player, on the LMS site, here: http://community.lastmansstand.com/music.

Rep:
Level 83
---IT'S HERE!!---

Finally, the LMS Demo V0.2 is here, and availible for download. Thank god. It took a long while coming, but you can finally play it. I said you needed to be a member of the site, so if you click here, you can join quickly, and get the pass code for the latest demo. Then if you click 'Downloads', you will be asked to enter the password, and then you can download the demo (it's the first in the list). If you have IE, you can read the topic named 'Internet Explorer password work around' to bypass a small error. So:

Passcode:
http://community.lastmansstand.com/talks/983783

Actual Download:
http://lmsdownload.uuuq.com/

Enjoy, and please leave comments either here, or on the site. If you come across any errors, please read the Support FAQ before posting on the site. Thanks!

Rep:
Level 85
The worlds ends on 21/12/12, where will you be?
This game looks great, I'm making a game just like this. Downloading the demo now :D

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
This game looks great, I'm making a game just like this. Downloading the demo now :D
Why did you just revive a thread that is a month old?
Hi

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It's a project that is not abandoned. There is absolutely no reason why he/she shouldn't bump it if he/she has something to say.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Oh... *kills self*
Sorry about that.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
No, this project is not abandoned. I just haven't had time to properly update it, and I am currently working on a side project (Reunion). pookinator, what did you think of the demo?

Rep:
Level 85
The worlds ends on 21/12/12, where will you be?
The demo was good, but it was hard and every time you died you had to go through the whole of the intro again. Other than that it was fine. Good job and good luck.

Rep:
Level 83
Ok, thanks for playing. To stop having to do the intro again, you really should save the game so when you die, you go back to that point  :).

If anyone wants to see some more screens, there's a load more, plus two videos, over on our new site, www.deadwaterproductions.com. They're posted in the 'Last Man's Stand' board there.